• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Some people just stay salty over the weirdest things though and then come out of the woodwork when you say some innocuous as hell shit, that's what always get me.

When people dig up out of context posts from 3 years ago to make a point, you win.
Is this you, Slay?

As someone who has done his fair share of participating in topics about all sorts of social justice issues, I know that these things can all happen and they are discouraging infuriating, but meaningful participation in these threads is always better than disengagement. I think it helps simply to put the information out there, because even if the person you are talking to is unsalvageable, there are always other people who are reading it who can learn something from it.

That is my two cents, anyway.
I'm with you. I just learned to pick my battles over the years. If I don't already have the mindset to put up with bullshit, I don't attempt to post in threads where someone will try and debunk an entire post because of a misplaced comma or a source that doesn't completely outmatch their 2nd hand anecdotal experience.

I can't go into every thread like I used to. I still do... but just not like I used to.

and lol slay

As someone who has done his fair share of participating in topics about all sorts of social justice issues, I know that these things can all happen and they are discouraging infuriating, but meaningful participation in these threads is always better than disengagement. I think it helps simply to put the information out there, because even if the person you are talking to is unsalvageable, there are always other people who are reading it who can learn something from it.

That is my two cents, anyway.

Yeah but as someone who does you get labeled as "that poster", called out and thoroughly insulted without provocation. I've stayed away from a lot of threads lately because it's the same song and dance.

417716_o.gif

Slayven

Only if that is Devo in those boots. But for real WW is lame.

and lol slay
Haters going to hate.
Lol, for what?
Back during when he wrote X-force he asked that a big plot point not be talked about on the internet. I was like fuck that noise and talked about it anyway and a mod got pissy.

The press release stated Slay was quote, "wylin' out".
Isn't there a George Lopez show you should be at?

I just lost all respect I had for batman, thanks Mumei

Batman lame too.

Slayven

But tin man Doom is super fly?

Damn right. Batman can't cleaned up crime in one city. Doom took over the world twice, but gave it back because he lacked a challenge. Then later talked Space gods who refused to talk to humans into giving him a semi carbon copy of earth.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The four of us return joined by Devolution & Professor Beef to talk about our favorite black sitcoms.
Run time: 78 minutes 14 seconds

The Cast:
Devolution - Professor Beef - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - DY_nasty - Imm0rt4l

Click To Stream. Right Click To Save

Onemic

Damn right. Batman can't cleaned up crime in one city. Doom took over the world twice, but gave it back because he lacked a challenge. Then later talked Space gods who refused to talk to humans into giving him a semi carbon copy of earth.

Has he killed Richards yet?

Slayven

Fail

And Im guessing Doom, being the cartoony dumb villain he is, listened to Reeds plea for help instead of killing him?

Stop reppin dem struggle villains slay.

Doom is anything cartoony. He will actually listen to reason on occasion.

I tired of every few pages it is slander Slay time.

The four of us return joined by Devolution & Professor Beef to talk about our favorite black sitcoms.

The Cast:

*ducks and runs*

Gorillaz

The Cast:

*ducks and runs*
tonystarejeml.gif

I hate the sound of my voice so I never listen to these things.

Lol, you get used to it the more you hear it, you crazy though. You needed to talk more on that Django. You didn't even give you opinion on what you thought of the movie lol. I'll listen to this new podcast in the morning.

Lol, you get used to it the more you hear it, you crazy though. You needed to talk more on that Django. You didn't even give you opinion on what you thought of the movie lol. I'll listen to this new podcast in the morning.

I hadn't seen it yet >_>. Timedog is listening to it so I'm forced to hear it, I need to turn my mic up for the next time. Fuck I said "like" a lot on this one, noooooo.

zero_suit

The Cast:

Downloading now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom