• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
V4sK1Pc.jpg

DY might have been ethered into another dimension

hahahahaha.

I put DY jr on ignore

obvious troll

That's what started this whole mess......

jehuty

Hey blackgaf, got a question for you guys.

First, do you think in New York the black "community" is more united than in other U.S cities?
The reason I ask that is because there is way less crime there between
blacks on blacks as opposed to other cities (Chicago comes to mind).

Second, if so how can that unity and cultural achievement be spread to other urban
areas with high black populations?

The reason I ask the second question is because where I live (Milwaukee) its basically
a war zone where the black people live. There are no jobs and worse there is little hope.
Hell, we don't even have a rapper to claim.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think NYC is like that because of the Harlem Renaissance. I can't think of too many urban black communities that had the opportunity to come together like that at any point - that also didn't get decimated with crime and strife like Chicago.

Atlanta has something good going on fir itself right now and even though I'm not a big fan of that city, they're moving towards a similar kind of 'unity'.

Hey blackgaf, got a question for you guys.

First, do you think in New York the black "community" is more united than in other U.S cities?

Second, if so how can that unity and cultural achievement be spread to other urban
areas with high black populations?

The reason I ask the second question is because where I live (Milwaukee) its basically
a war zone where the black people live. There are no jobs and worse there is little hope.
Hell, we don't even have a rapper to claim.

We have jobs upon jobs in NYC. I mean, yea, some of us still end up on Worldstar. But there is a lot you can do in NYC as opposed to smaller cities. Obviously.

For the record, there is no unity or community here.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We have jobs upon jobs in NYC. I mean, yea, some of us still end up on Worldstar. But there is a lot you can do in NYC as opposed to smaller cities. Obviously.

For the record, there is no unity or community here.
Compared to other places... yeah, there's a massive difference. DC has a bit of its own flare, west coast has a wide range of things... NY can't really be understated.

I was going to make a joke about North East Negro superiority then I remembered Camden NJ.....
Two gruesome murders of children last month — a toddler decapitated, a 6-year-old stabbed in his sleep — served as reminders of this city’s reputation as the most dangerous in America. Others can be found along the blocks of row houses spray-painted “R.I.P.,” empty liquor bottles clustered on their porches in memorial to murder victims.
The police acknowledge that they have all but ceded these streets to crime, with murders on track to break records this year. And now, in a desperate move to regain control, city officials are planning to disband the Police Department.

:/

After watching Skyfall, I've decided I'm going to marry Naomie Harris.
Naomie+Harris

You're all invited to the ceremony. Even you, Slay.

Back from the store, I see. You get my Rap Snacks?

I called dibbs after I saw Miami Vice, DAT shower scene ASS!

I just had a long ass day and came home to seeing the taser thread wtf? Yoo some of those people smh.

Anyway almost done with the Sneaker head OT. Tryna make it as good as I can and use everyones input. well see. All we need now is something to go after the OT.

The NeoGAF Sneaker Head |OT| .........

Hypebeasts We Know About Ya
Don't Step on my J's

....Yeah I'm no good at this.

Haven't checked everyone's availability. Friday would be best for me or late Saturday.

Darkfaze-
Devo-
Moris- Friday 5:30pm pst - midnight / Sat 8pm pst - midnight
DY-
onemic-
Immortal-

Depends on onemic, DY, Immortal, Darkfaze & Devo's dating history.

I've been in an interracial relationship for almost 8 years now. I'm Mexican, she's Chinese. I have a couple things to share.

I mean it's whatever for me timeline wise but just give me a heads up.

Dating history? Oh I've got stories on top of stories...you haven't lived until you meet your white girlfriends family, and when I say family, I mean ALL OF THEM AT ONCE during thanksgiving, cousins, second cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa, brother.

There wasn't enough alcohol in the world .

trixx

My parents are cool with interracial dating, however i know deep inside they would love if i married an african woman.

Also a question, where do you think the notion that a lot of black men with post-secondary education date interracially came from? What do you guys think of it. Always thought it was quite interesting.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Will the discussion specifically be about black/white relationships? Because I've only ever heard people voice issues with those, though the only people I've heard have problems with interracial relationships at all were white or black.
I've gotten looks for white/black (by everyone), white/Hispanic (by Hispanic dudes who would chat her up despite me standing right there), white/Indian (by Indians, though she got all the comments and was practically shunned), white/Persian (by Persian parents who actively worked to destroy the relationship by providing financial incentives like a Mercedes S-class... she took the car), and white/Asian (by black dudes [go figure... the only time I ever had a coupling referred to as Oreos was by a black guy with no skin in the game], and white women).

Both my mom and my sister told me that "you know, white women are okay too". The only person who has been completely supportive of me was my father. I was actually worried about bringing home an Asian girl the most, given that he was in Vietnam, but he said "she wasn't the one shooting at me, so I'm ok". Same with my now-passed grandfather who said, "Boy, I know the difference between a Chinaman and a Jap." Uh...

The worst is how candid your friends get. "If I dated someone non____ my parents would disown me."
Yeah, I hear this one a lot. Along with, "Asians are ok, I guess... it's a good thing you didn't bring home some black girl." Sometimes I'm just speechless. Sometimes I tell them to please leave. Once I threw a post-it pad at a woman. Boss at the time was black so he told me don't do that again and told the woman to watch her mouth.

Some of that is the environment of NYC. There are plenty of jobs to keep people busy and the city spends a lot on city services. Additionally, there was a pretty heavy campaign to curb crime and the caused of in general by previous administrations because folks, rightly, recongized that no one wants to be a tourist or run a business in fear. It's no longer the Warriors up there for any group.

LosDaddie

Banned
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The four of us return joined by Devolution & Professor Beef to talk about our favorite black sitcoms.
Run time: 78 minutes 14 seconds

The Cast:
Devolution - Professor Beef - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - DY_nasty - Imm0rt4l

Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for doing this. I'll be listening to it sometime this week/weekend.

dammit.

I guess I got lucky growing up how I did, what with having non-racist parents, same with my girlfriend's parents. Has anyone who's been in an IRR not had this problem in some way?

I'm hispanic and have mainly dated outside my race; White gals, asian, black, and South American. I ended up marrying a white chick. Never had any real problems with any of their families. The 2 ladies I dated in HS had cool parents. The I rarely met the families of the ladies I dated at FSU since I was busy with school (engineering major), and when it was time to go back home, I went to my home and they to theirs.

Dating history? Oh I've got stories on top of stories...you haven't lived until you meet your white girlfriends family, and when I say family, I mean ALL OF THEM AT ONCE during thanksgiving, cousins, second cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa, brother.

yes

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

bwahahahha

my mom wants me or my brother to date and or marry A Filipino or Chinese gal.

i dont know the things that run through her head sometimes lol, her asian fetish is a tad scary at times.

She'd fit in on Gaf gaming i guess heh

we need a family portrait of this, with you stuck in the middle awkwardly, haha.

DatDude has been making some questionable posts lately.

I got trapped in that vortex yesterday. The cops spreading that girls vag while she's smiling back at the camera along with the officer.....WTF

The most baffling thing. Scares the hell out of me that it exists.

After watching Skyfall, I've decided I'm going to marry Naomie Harris.

She was cute in Skyfall. The best shaving scene of all time.

You think that's bad try spending the weekend with your girl's family during 'family reunion' and the entire family was Korean. I swear I should have gotten a shitload of karma points for how I handled everything.

anyone here got a 3DSXL is it worth it compared to the original? thinking about selling my old one for the XL.

are there any transfers etc i need to do before?

Don't Step on my J's

It's funny, I have a few pairs of nice sneakers, though I'm not really much of a sneakerhead. Every time I'm out at night at a club/etc when someone steps on them, even the tiniest bit, dudes freak with apologies like they kicked me in the nuts. It's incredible.

Mr.Fresh

I was going to make a joke about North East Negro superiority then I remembered Camden, NJ.

Lol Here in Jersey we have about 5 Warzones. Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Paterson, Trenton, Passaic.

Don't Step on my J's

Better than what I came up with in ma head lol.

The NeoGAF Sneaker Head |OT| Take your J's n tell you kick it where the FootLocker is

This is also better then what I came up with.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Need ideas for intro/outro for the interracial dating episode.

Here's what you do. You take this:

And then as it's playing you lower the volume and play each of these over it:

Then bring the music back up for the chorus in between.

Alright HTown, I'll see if I can do that idea justice when I get some free time.

102 downloads of the new ep.
161 total downloads for Jan 30th
293 downloads since the new site went up on the 23rd.

Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom