• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Anytime bct get in trouble we calling RK with his big ass taser and imortal with his dehumanizing stare

Nintendo fans had a good run. Naughty Dog fans have officially taken their crown for the worst.
I would some of the diehard sony guys are still at the top. ND just knocked it out the park so tgey will have some bandwagoners until uncharted 4 is out and people start hating on it.

rugioh

Banned

Its kind of interesting how tennis/golf/soccer don't get much shine in terms of young development in the US, but with all the leaps and bounds made in NBA development we still have some ways to go in comparison to European developmental leagues. Not sure how it goes in football though.

DominoKid

it's not that bad.
it's actually pretty simple.
but yeah we'd dominate that too if we could get in the door in large numbers.

Its kind of interesting how tennis/golf/soccer don't get much shine in terms of young development in the US, but with all the leaps and bounds made in NBA development we still have some ways to go in comparison to European developmental leagues. Not sure how it goes in football though.

it's weird how well our basketball development works considering it's largely geared toward making money instead of actual talent development.
thank god for pickup games. i think this is a big part of the reason why our soccer lags behind. kids don't have that arena where they can develop their own games and find their character through trial and error. its so structured and rigid. that's one of the things i hated about playing soccer.
basketball really is the sport of the people here though. all you need is a ball and go find a hoop. hell, nail a peach basket up on a high wall.

hwalker84

What electric razor's if any do you guys use to shave your face? I've always used clippers as razor's irritate my skin unlike i've ever seen. Any electric shaver you use to get almost baby smooth skin?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
What electric razor's if any do you guys use to shave your face? I've always used clippers as razor's irritate my skin unlike i've ever seen. Any electric shaver you use to get almost baby smooth skin?

I use safety razors:
safety-razzor.jpg

I tend to not use electric shavers because they've always had a tendency to cause ingrown hairs, since I have to shave every morning. If you have to use one, I'd recommend a phillips/norelco

rugioh

Banned

True. I was a beast in soccer when I played in leagues as a kid, but I dropped it cold turkey in favor of basketball just because of how more accessible it was to practice at recess than to scrounge up a bunch of kids and make faux goalposts in the field.

Same here razors bump me up something awful. I do have a Noreclo sensotouch I use for my neck. it gives me a closer smother shave.

That's about all I use though.

It's wet/dry too so I can use it in the shower.

Yeah, I got a safety razor myself, with some Feather blades you can get for cheap on Amazon. Gotta shave every other day or my hair gets itchy as hell and bumpy like a mothafucka

exarkun

Tennis/Lacrosse/Golf are all expensive to partake in cause you gotta pay for the rackets/sticks, private lessons, etc. Pretty big deterrent. That, and all my american black friends thought you only played those sports when you couldn't play basketball/football.

I played soccer and some racket sports, but it was because my mom is african and a few of my african friends played. And Domino, you can play soccer anywhere, its just that in the city its hard to find space unless you place in the street.

BHZ Mayor

Same here. I remember the first time I tried a razor. Good God, razor bumps everywhere.

DominoKid

Tennis/Lacrosse/Golf are all expensive to partake in cause you gotta pay for the rackets/sticks, private lessons, etc. Pretty big deterrent. That, and all my american black friends thought you only played those sports when you couldn't play basketball/football.

I played soccer and some racket sports, but it was because my mom is african and a few of my african friends played. And Domino, you can play soccer anywhere, its just that in the city its hard to find space unless you place in the street.

i never said you couldn't. it just isn't the culture of soccer in the USA though.
also just speaking from my own personal experience, our coaches frowned upon us getting together ourselves because we would learn too many bad habits, in their words.
i'm a firm believer in the idea that you can't find your heart in an organized game.

i never said you couldn't. it just isn't the culture of soccer in the USA though.
also just speaking from my own personal experience, our coaches frowned upon us getting together ourselves because we would learn too many bad habits, in their words.
i'm a firm believer in the idea that you can't find your heart in an organized game.

Not surprised what the coaches said, based on the experiences of my cousins and friends in college, I got the feeling American coaches in high school and college do their hardest to coach any flair out of players. I still don't get the mentality, instead of harnessing, they just kill any heart for most players

Slayven

When the Mach 3 razor first came out they sent me one in the mail. I shaved my head with it and the gel that came with it. A few days later my head looked like the darkside of the moon.

DominoKid

Not surprised what the coaches said, based on the experiences of my cousins and friends in college, I got the feeling American coaches in high school and college do their hardest to coach any flair out of players. I still don't get the mentality, instead of harnessing, they just kill any heart for most players

it just seems to be an American thing in general. coaches shoehorning players into their system instead of building a system for the players. i know i wanted to strangle Roy Williams for wasting half the season trying to get his double post system to work for a roster that had no good post players. surprise surprise, when he gave up and changed to fit the players we actually looked like a real basketball team.

When the Mach 3 razor first came out they sent me one in the mail. I shaved my head with it and the gel that came with it. A few days later my head looked like the darkside of the moon.

ibumVIRF2tX4wX.gif

DominoKid

Stacey Dash ‏@REALStaceyDash
God does everything for a reason @Paula_Deen Only God can judge your heart BTW my daughter loves your show (only way she can get me to cook)

ibsWGZtKIxBXBh.jpg

Damn.

That's all I use. Mach 3 turbo with shaving gel with oatmeal. Also use Gillette after shave. Also I minimize the usage of each cartridge and once the little band is gone I throw it out. Dull razors will fuck you up more than anything. Also I used to shave with a straight razor. Also hot water is a must.

Can't fuck with electric razors.

Stacey Dash ‏@REALStaceyDash
God does everything for a reason @Paula_Deen Only God can judge your heart BTW my daughter loves your show (only way she can get me to cook)

ibsWGZtKIxBXBh.jpg

Even washed up celebs get that dry mouth.

Also is it just me or are Wolfpack fans just angry all the time here?

Ok. I'm from Croydon. Not that big but I was seeing ass like that daily.

Its not the size so much but the fact that the girl has a ass that size and is in shape.

There is no shortage of shelf batty in London, especially in places like peckham (mini nigeria) lewisham, totty etc.

But like I said huge ass=huge gut. Normally.

rugioh

Banned

I can only use magic shave depilitory powders or else I get razor bumps EVERYWHERE. I've tried regular razors, electric razors of all kinds... nothing works.

Im lucky enough to not have enough growth ever to justify shaving outside when I go to the barbers every 3 weeks or so.

I suppose if I wanted to be totally clean shaven id have to, but i don't mind a tiny bit of fuzz.

never used a real razor need to give it a try. Anything i should know ??

I try to emulate what I get from a professional shave. Hot water opens the pores straightens the hair. And let the shaving creme sit on your face for a few seconds. And don't put it on dry. Lube your face folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom