• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's definitely not ratchet, the poor girl didn't know any better and was obviously frustrated. Not sure how she'll help the defense

If anyone actually paid attention to what she was actually saying, you could tell that she's only there because she has to. Going by all the things she said, she didn't want to get involved.

I caught the end of it but yeah she was doing really bad. She got frustrated and wanted out

Ahh okay how people are acting on fb like she just went full blown ghetto on the stand

"I don't understand why people are mad at Paula. Rappers like Kanye West and Jay-Z always use that word."

Please tell me you guys have encountered this. I just did and my mind is blown.

i see that argument used all the damn time. and its always used by people defending some racist haulin off and callin someone a nigger. "black comedians and rappers use the word, how come everyone gets so uppity when a white person uses it"
I mean, most people would never call an Italian american a guinea, even if they call themselves that in jest, cause its understood outsiders shouldnt be sayin that shit.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Run the jewels:

33lpgs9.jpg.gif

i see that argument used all the damn time. and its always used by people defending some racist haulin off and callin someone a nigger. "black comedians and rappers use the word, how come everyone gets so uppity when a white person uses it"
I mean, most people would never call an Italian american a guinea, even if they call themselves that in jest, cause its understood outsiders shouldnt be sayin that shit.

That was my argument. I brought up how I can call her a beaner and she is cool with it but if someone that wasn't Hispanic said it she would go full on Latina on them.

That was my argument. I brought up how I can call her a beaner and she is cool with it but if someone that wasn't Hispanic said it she would go full on Latina on them.

I think it's more like context. Like, taken out of context I'm like whoa John Constantine you can't say that word:

johnboy.jpg

but in the context of two old friends who've literally been through hell together and that's just their kind of humor, not so bad

jzJfSifmPDPt.PNG

Everybody is different, everybody has their lines on what offends them or what's funny. Know people long enough, eventually no topic is off-limit...but you gotta know people.

I think it's more like context. Like, taken out of context I'm like whoa John Constantine you can't say that word:

johnboy.jpg

but in the context of two old friends who've literally been through hell together and that's just their kind of humor, not so bad

jzJfSifmPDPt.PNG

Everybody is different, everybody has their lines on what offends them or what's funny. Know people long enough, eventually no topic is off-limit...but you gotta know people.
That's kind of what I was saying. Context matters.

EDIT: One day some fresh out of basic redneck got pissed because me and my best friend were going back an forth. What set him off was that I called my best friend "Nigga" after he called me "Cracka." Redneck flipped his shit.

Oh shit.

Also, Ni No Kuni is dope.

Saw you playing. Good shit its an amazing game. Story elements were solid. And one of the prettiest games this gen. or should I see period.

And word of advice: Dinoceros is the shit. And boots is better then boats.

So fam im slowly but surely moving on up. I had to retire my old 55 inch DLP television. Been with me 8 years. But she was replaced with a 60 inch Sharp Aquos. So damn pretty. And my cats had a field day sniffing around it.

DC giving Blakc people more electrical powers.

IMG_0091.jpg

And there wearing green and purple........
EDIT: Loving that sentai vibe.

So we got a cat who is a possible paternity suit waiting to happen, a cat who rocks a taser, the man with the dehumanizing stare, a shit talking amazoness, King banhammer, the funnybook kingpin, the celluloid connoisseur and a security guard who loves Captain America.

BCT, Fam, we are a fucking superhero group.....

and if I left anyone out please in one line describe yourself. and my apologies in advance.

And there wearing green and purple........
EDIT: Loving that sentai vibe.

So we got a cat who is a possible paternity suit waiting to happen, a cat who rocks a taser, the man with the dehumanizing stare, a shit talking amazoness, King banhammer, the funnybook kingpin, the celluloid connoisseur and a security guard who loves Captain America.

BCT, Fam, we are a fucking superhero group.....

and if I left anyone out please in one line describe yourself. and my apologies in advance.

Fox just bought the rights and is proceeding with a white cast

johnboy.jpg

jzJfSifmPDPt.PNG

Agreed on this one.

harSon

Banned
We might be getting a Luke cage move....

Paging Harson

Vin desiel will likely be playing luke

This is Zoe Saldana playing Nina Simone levels of BS. Even when Hollywood manages to actually do the right thing and ethnically diversify its portfolio, it some how manages to do it in a way that still perpetuates the status quo. Yeah, let's get the light skinned racially ambiguous actor who refuses to publicly admit his black ancestry to play the black Super Hero. I know he's bankable, and that's what matters most in Hollywood, but comic book films have a recent history of bucking that trend.

I'm glad the movie is being made, and I love Vin Diesel, but the pairing rubs me the wrong way :/

Bro I bought that joint a few weeks back for 15 bucks. I'm 11 hours in. blackbrofist.jpg

I rarely play RPGs let alone jrpgs, my girlfriend was making fun of me for playing it. I pointed out that Oliver is wearing a 2Chainz at the grammys versace cape, Ni No Kuni is for the streets!

Saw you playing. Good shit its an amazing game. Story elements were solid. And one of the prettiest games this gen. or should I see period.

And word of advice: Dinoceros is the shit. And boots is better then boats.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom