• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( fucking contract negotiations man, I get a contract extension for two years so that's good then they decide to fuck with me and tell me my salary increase on hold until they complete their restructuring process for the financial year ; ;

harSon

Banned
The only way this weekend can be salvaged is if Bane decides to take New Orleans hostage, and blows up the Superdome's field.

The phrase Generation Y first appeared in an August 1993 Ad Age editorial to describe teenagers of the day, which they defined as different from Generation X, and then aged 12 or younger as well as the teenagers of the upcoming ten years.[2] Since then, the company has sometimes used 1982 as the starting birth year for this generation.[3] "Generation Y" alludes to a succession from "Generation X."
Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe wrote about the Millennials in Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 in 1991.[4] In 2000, they released an entire book devoted to them, titled Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation.[5] According to Bruce Horovitz writing in USA Today Strauss and Howe are "widely credited with naming the Millennials".[1] Strauss and Howe use 1982 as the Millennials' starting birth year and 2004 as the last birth year.[6]
Several alternative names have been proposed by various people: Generation We, Global Generation,[7][8] Generation Next,[9] and the Net Generation.[10]
Millennials are sometimes called Echo Boomers,[11] referring to the size of the generation in relation to the Baby Boomer generation[12] and due to the significant increase in birth rates during the 1980s and into the 1990s. In America, birth rates peaked in 1990[13][14][15][16] and a 20th century trend toward smaller families in developed countries continued.[17][18]
In Australia, there is debate over Millennial birth dates. It is generally accepted, however, that the first Millennials were born in 1983. The Australian Bureau of Statistics, use 1983–2000.[19][20][21][22]
In Canada, 1983 is generally thought to be the starting birth year for Generation Y, ending in the late-1990s or 2000, even as late as 2004.[23][24][25][26][27][28]
While in most of the developed world, a person born in 1983 and a person born in 1990 are considered the same generation; in China, those born in the 1970s are called the "post-70s" generation, those born in the 1980s the "post-80s" generation, and those born in the 1990s the "post-90s generation".[citation needed]
Like members of Generation X, who were heavily influenced by MTV, early members of Generation Y are also sometimes called the MTV Generation.[29][30][31]
Newsweek has used the term Generation 9/11 to refer to young people who were between the ages of 10 and 21 on September 11, 2001.[32] That puts their birthdays between September 11, 1980 and September 11, 1991. The first reference to "Generation 9/11" was made in the cover story of the November 12, 2001 issue of Newsweek Magazine. This could be considered a sub-group in Generation Y.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X
Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the Western post–World War II baby boom.[1][2][3] Demographers, historians and commentators use beginning birth dates from the early 1960s to the early 1980s

RedSwirl

My mom has told me on more than one occasion I'm going to marry an Asian girl. lol Mainly cause I used to be big into anime -- I've never really had "yellow fever."

Besides, there aren't too many Asians in Baltimore. Ha.

My mom tells me the same shit.
Not my fault they're as numerous as they are in DC.

Slayven

My mom has told me on more than one occasion I'm going to marry an Asian girl. lol Mainly cause I used to be big into anime -- I've never really had "yellow fever."

Besides, there aren't too many Asians in Baltimore. Ha.

And they have the best credit.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Pound for pound I will say Asians are more fiscally responsibly.

This can lose it's charm when they expect you to be as responsible, especially when it comes to entertainment expenses spent on yourself. Of course, then they'll drop a grand or two on a handbag and a pair of shoes in the blink of an eye.

Lol, my mom doesn't care what race I date or at least she never really showed to me that it bothers her. But, I don't introduce my girlfriends to her anyway lol not because of how'd she act. It's just not something I do unless I really start like her.

Either way, I often laughed when she used to assume what race I'm into.

"Handbags carry important things, well worth the investment if you get a purse of the season"

My ex fed me a line almost exactly like that.

Complete bullshit, an expensive handbag is as frivolous a purchase as some new games or console.

I spend a decent amount of my money on videogame crap that loses almost all its value when I'm done with it, I hold no gripes over my gf treating herself to stuff she enjoys. As long as neither of us go overboard and are aware that's a luxury item.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Good

Thread locked, OP banned

ibzhn8XEUhXwbf.gif

Where do I put this now....

The world needs a redneck worldstar

DominoKid

when it comes to purses and other accessories i defer to my mom's advice

something like...whether it's $30 or $1000, it's still gonna hold shit the same way. the only difference is you're gonna feel like a fucking idiot when you rip the $1000 bag. or lose it, spill something on it, etc.

harSon

Banned
Dude can't even kiss his girl properly or go down on her with that massive tower he calls a nose. And all I can say is that I'm glad he wasn't alive during the times of scientific racism. Dude's Beetlejuice sized head would have given them ammunition towards reaffirming their hypothesis' that black people had smaller brains.

And Kaeps definitely a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Look at this Biography he wrote this season:
Vs0FMuk.png

Obviously this country's school system is failing if we allowed him to graduate high school and go to college, let alone letting him escape the 3rd grade unchecked.

And he's definitely proof that money and fame can elevate hurt looks, cause there's no way this Squidword looking motherfucker should be landing that kind of a honey.

Dude can't even kiss his girl properly or go down on her with that massive tower he calls a nose. And all I can say is that I'm glad he wasn't alive during the times of scientific racism. Dude's Beetlejuice sized head would have given them ammunition towards reaffirming their hypothesis' that black people had smaller brains.

And Kaeps definitely a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Look at this Biography he wrote this season:
http://i.imgur.com/Vs0FMuk.png[/img

Obviously this country's school system is failing if we allowed him to graduate high school and go to college, let alone letting him escape the 3rd grade unchecked.

And he's definitely proof that money and fame can elevate hurt looks, cause there's no way this Squidword looking motherfucker should be landing that kind of a honey.[/QUOTE]

Bro let's be real but this dude would still be getting pussy if wasn't an athlete.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QDMbMgi.jpg

He's fucking 6'5" women would throw themselves at him.

LosDaddie

Banned

And he's definitely proof that money and fame can elevate hurt looks, cause there's no way this Squidword looking motherfucker should be landing that kind of a honey.

YES....ALL OF IT

Damn

Gorillaz

Vs0FMuk.png

Got damn

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If not tomorrow we'll have to put it off until next week.

Devo - onemic - Immortal - DY

Does Friday 8pm est work for you?

I honestly don't know man.

Friday or Saturday should work for me but I won't actually know about either until tomorrow.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just a heads up I am retiring my Dy jokes. I am coming at you man, you casted the first stone.
Come at me.

I'm a 5'5 half-hispanic half white bastard child who never met his real father, born in 1990, watched dbz, Pokemon and sailor moon as a kid, wet the bed until I was 12, gave up gaming stuff for my girl's birthday/anniversary, still like anime from time to time and post on an Internet gaming forum.

You better come at me with something good since I just wasted all your ammunition.

*drops mic*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom