• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
tumblr_mggcqiRi7H1qasnrqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgoigfz9cI1qasnrqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgol5kT8Bo1qasnrqo1_500.jpg
shirts
jackets goddamn

What's an example of a good outfit? I've lost all sense of style since I only wear bland business attire or a black jacket, black Palladium boots, black shirts and

- Where you're from - Brooklyn, NY
- Where you live - Brooklyn, NY
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both parents from St. Vincent
- Do you know your roots? - As far back to my great grandmother in St vincent.
- Your Age - 20
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, whatever is left of R&B
- Your profession/major/career interest - Accounting Major.
- Your religious affiliation - Went to a christian church as a kid, not into religion myself.
- Hobbies -video games, gym.
What's up. so now I finally know what natural's law is, and even though fuck bet is in the op, real husbands of hollywood is hilarious so far.

Imm0rt4l

- Where you're from - Brooklyn, NY
- Where you live - Brooklyn, NY
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both parents from St. Vincent
- Do you know your roots? - As far back to my great grandmother in St vincent.
- Your Age - 20
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, whatever is left of R&B
- Your profession/major/career interest - Accounting Major.
- Your religious affiliation - Went to a christian church as a kid, not into religion myself.
- Hobbies -video games, gym.
What's up. so now I finally know what natural's law is, and even though fuck bet is in the op, real husbands of hollywood is hilarious so far.
Welcome

I heard its funny, haven't seen it myself

#3 - Minorities In Games - Topher/DrFunk
#4 - Rise & Fall of The Black Sitcom - Prof.Beef/ Devo
#5 - Interracial Dating - Dark Faze/Devo (Topher will replace anyone who backs out)
#6 - In The workplace - Dark Faze/Prof Beef
#7 - Things Black People Need To Stop Doing - ?/?
#8 - Comic Books/Movies Based on Comic Books - ?/? (Slayven/Reigun have dibs but have yet to commit)
#9 - Minorities In Media - harSon/Topher

Availale times for this Sunday:
onemic - 7pm est
immortal -
DY - the sooner the better
Moris - Alllllll day
Beef - 5pm est
Devo - Alllll day

Think so which means her clothes should definitely be fitted out instead of tight stuff but Kanye can't dress women for shit which he proved with his line.

JxvJI0W.jpg
While Kanye's shit is kind of derivative but in a tone deaf way I still kinda appreciate that he's doing it, if only to get some black presence in the high fashion world. I can count on half a hand the number of designers/directors involved in that scene. Really quite a shame.

I remember reading various fashion forums back in the day when puffy launched Sean John (which had no high fashion allusions), and the amount of "I'm not racist but" statements were appalling. Like, I don't want to dress like a hoochie/thug/urban blah blah blah. Not much has changed.

While Kanye's shit is kind of derivative but in a tone deaf way I still kinda appreciate that he's doing it, if only to get some black presence in the high fashion world. I can count on half a hand the number of designers/directors involved in that scene. Really quite a shame.

I remember reading various fashion forums back in the day when puffy launched Sean John (which had no high fashion allusions), and the amount of "I'm not racist but" statements were appalling. Like, I don't want to dress like a hoochie/thug/urban blah blah blah. Not much has changed.

I don't mind left most

Kanye-West-Runway-Fall-2012.jpg

and right most

kanye-west-2012-spring-collection-7.jpg

he should consider sticking with that kind of thing.

And he needs to stop dressing Kim K terribly.

I worked at some bank for 3 years, got laid off, then re-hired as a temp for 10 bucks an hour.

Bank was purchased 8 months later. Mass layoffs and for some reason I am 1 of 6 employees still around after the layoffs.

So now I'm still technically a temp. I have been at this place, ~30 miles farther than the previous location, for about 5 months now. I am doing Quality Control for various bank loans, a position I am not qualified for and was not trained for.

So you can imagine that the 8 hours of work that's supposed to occupy a trained professional's time takes me ages. It doesn't help that this place is a fucking mess. Even as a novice I can tell that they have not and continue to not create a proper papertrail.

And I get fucked when I get stuck communicating with the auditors who are requesting things that don't exist. I have to recreate days of work that happened well over a year before I got thrown in here.

The one thing that kept me from walking is the bank manager promised me a position. At first it was said to be in the pipeline and coming 'any day now' back in November. Then I sat down with him and he set a firm date of Jan 2nd. I sent him a email Tuesday reminding him of this and I haven't got so much as a response email.

I'm contacting people, sending emails. I'm mentally checked out already. Even if they have something for me tomorrow, I'm still leaving. The place is toxic.

After the increased cost of commuting, I'm basically making minimum wage doing a job that should pay at least 30k

Sounds shady as fuck anyway you don't want to be caught up in some investigation because you know they're not doing the proper paperwork on things.

Sounds shady as fuck anyway you don't want to be caught up in some investigation because you know they're not doing the proper paperwork on things.

The bank only did deals with wealthy borrowers. The regulations were pretty lax, when they bought the bank I was at previously they got into some riskier products and no one here is used to the increased scrutiny besides the 6 of us from the old bank.

Proper back-up docs have been scoffed at as 'a waste of time' by supervisors who don't get it yet. FDIC is gonna get all up in that ass.

I got jumped for saying salmon colored jeans look bad.
if you're a pale or dark skinned bro and it's the summer and you're wearing light shirts and light shoes why not? think of this shit as nothing more than a color wheel and a silhouette. and a cultural/historical trappings. it's not much more complex than that.

if you're a pale or dark skinned bro and it's the summer and you're wearing light shirts and light shoes why not? think of this shit as nothing more than a color wheel and a silhouette. and a cultural/historical trappings. it's not much more complex than that.

Nah salmon is just a color I can't abide by in most things. Shirts maybe, I got one, I think it's more orange but timedog insists it's salmon.

*shrug* as you've probably seen I wear bland ass colors* but ehh I don't really let my personal taste do much to inform how I see other people dressing. people come from different directions so it's kind of lame to just sit back and throw stones and not think about shit.

I wanna know this secret title btw

*there is one terrible exception lol

I don't get into colors too much anymore by themselves but relevant to an outfit. Also whether something is just generally flattering on the body or not. Some people want certain clothes to work so badly on them but it just doesn't compliment their body type.

I worked at some bank for 3 years, got laid off, then re-hired as a temp for 10 bucks an hour.

Bank was purchased 8 months later. Mass layoffs and for some reason I am 1 of 6 employees still around after the layoffs.

So now I'm still technically a temp. I have been at this place, ~30 miles farther than the previous location, for about 5 months now. I am doing Quality Control for various bank loans, a position I am not qualified for and was not trained for.

So you can imagine that the 8 hours of work that's supposed to occupy a trained professional's time takes me ages. It doesn't help that this place is a fucking mess. Even as a novice I can tell that they have not and continue to not create a proper papertrail.

And I get fucked when I get stuck communicating with the auditors who are requesting things that don't exist. I have to recreate days of work that happened well over a year before I got thrown in here.

The one thing that kept me from walking is the bank manager promised me a position. At first it was said to be in the pipeline and coming 'any day now' back in November. Then I sat down with him and he set a firm date of Jan 2nd. I sent him a email Tuesday reminding him of this and I haven't got so much as a response email

I would get out as soon as you can.

A couple of Job ago my then boss promised me a promotion, that never came. I needed the increase in salary because my then GF broke up with me so I was on my own for rent/bills. I liked the job so I stayed but 6 months later I was still getting dicked around so I found another job. But damn if that didn't fuck up my finances back then.

anyone here accidentally hit on a married woman at work before? shit i didnt even know until i jokingly asked, but she didn't seem to mind at all though.

And to make it worse she was young and white,lol woulda loved to smash that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom