• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Imm0rt4l

I tried to log on to play GTA β, my character got deleted. The game switches back to Michael playing a videogame with his son. He throws his controller on the ground. "FUCK THIS SHIT, AHH SERIOUSLY!"

My sentiments exactly mike. My sentiments exactly.

That meta-commentary doe

BHZ Mayor

The character deletion issues wouldn't even be that big of a deal if the character creation wasn't the stupidest, oddest, different for the sake of being different ass shit in the history of create-a-character. You can't even just remember what you picked because even that can give you different results.

kyored

I tried to log on to play GTA β, my character got deleted. The game switches back to Michael playing a videogame with his son. He throws his controller on the ground. "FUCK THIS SHIT, AHH SERIOUSLY!"

My sentiments exactly mike. My sentiments exactly.

That meta-commentary doe

My character got deleted too. Now I'm back up starting over again (at lvl.5)

And the hits keep coming.

I just got pulled over by the police for an expired tag. I was fucking headed to get my haircut, go and get my tag and headed to bank. Now I'm in the tag office possibly have to pay an expired tag fee and pay the ticket for being pulled over.

FUCK FUCK FUCK GODDAMMIT!!!

image.php

Rio pls

zero_suit

I just got pulled over by the police for an expired tag. I was fucking headed to get my haircut, go and get my tag and headed to bank. Now I'm in the tag office possibly have to pay an expired tag fee and pay the ticket for being pulled over.

This just isn't your week, man. :(

BHZ Mayor

That's that bullshit, man.

The character deletion issues wouldn't even be that big of a deal if the character creation wasn't the stupidest, oddest, different for the sake of being different ass shit in the history of create-a-character. You can't even just remember what you picked because even that can give you different results.

Yea its a pretty bad character creator. Had way higher hopes for R*.

Also, I see my character getting tanner the more hours I put into 'time doing illegal activities' I see that Rockstar, I see that.

Gorillaz

I can't get my guy to look like anything other then a methed out hollywood actor. He face literally looks the same from 21 to 40 lol

At least the character is saved and online is working a little better. I give it till the weekend and it should be good

So options time.

Paid the tag fee of 60 dollars(55 for Personalized Tag 5 for late fee)

Now the ticket cost 119 dollars or go to court and explain to the judge on Nov 19 that I didn't recieve a tag notice at my address and possibly get it thrown out. So suggestions?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Up to you really. Depends on what kind of bullshit you want to put up with. I was in the same situation in July and I paid the fee rather than deal with court. I was out of town at the time though, so I would have had to show up at a court that was hundreds of miles from where I live.

Still ~ $100 > dealing with a court IMO.

And they count on the money from people just paying the fee most of the time I think. All about the $$$ in the end. It's just not worth it for me to have to dress up and go to some judge and hope he or she is in a good mood.

I'm going to court in a suit and tie. Come correct and explain. Worst case I have to pay 119. But any angle you all can think of that I'm overlooking, since I'm a firm believer in "cats on the outside looking in at a situation", will be appreciated.

Gorillaz

I would definitely say it comes down to wanting to get up early for that shit just to sit at the county courts waiting for 30 people in front of you and their cases or not. It could work out for you.

Only time I went was to remove a fucking
jaywalking
ticket from my record because it looks petty

Never seen one even enforced or given to people.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm going to court in a suit and tie. Come correct and explain. Worst case I have to pay 119. But any angle you all can think of that I'm overlooking, since I'm a firm believer in "cats on the outside looking in at a situation", will be appreciated.
Well since you are wanting to fight it: make sure you bring the paperwork from getting it re-licensed the same day you were pulled over and you have a solid case right there.

Slayven

Tell us about all the interesting people and the baby mamas trying to put Ron Mexico aka DY on child support.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't make another character over that spot.

It's still "there"

Thanks. Guess I'll just wait it out... I got NBA2k14 but its equally depressing to play. I'm thinking I may give Fallout New Vegas a shot finally.

Gorillaz

Damn it's been that long since Chocolate Rain came out?
Thanks. Guess I'll just wait it out... I got NBA2k14 but its equally depressing to play. I'm thinking I may give Fallout New Vegas a shot finally.

Happened to me launch day made the guy, disappeared, made a new character in slot 2 couldn't connect, came back like 5-6 hours later and they were both there. It could be gone but it might not be

edit: people are saying they completely refreshed the servers....fuck this

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
well....let's wait for gaf to defend this.....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689585

Don't do stereotypical shit as a black man, you won't get stereotypical shit from the police

Thug attire
ap_sagging_pants_071015_ms.jpg

060313.jpg

Don't do this shit

You don't see well dressed working middle class black man walking down street getting busted.
Anyone dress like thug and hanging around blocks would get busted doesn't matter if you are black or not.

welp

I say gawdamn.....

Keep ya head up Rio and take that shit to court. Most arresting officers never show up for that sort of thing. Least not here in NC

In other news the damn dealership is trying to stall my car repair. Sending my mechanic the right part for the wrong model car. Just went full black on they ass. They overnighting the part. Should have my car back Monday. Was supposed to be tomorrow......I guess I can wait the weekend. Don't have anything planned outside of clothes shopping and gaming with you cats.....If GTA online is good to go that is.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
nah man don't do it. new Vegas is my personal pick for worse game this gen.

akira28

They hopefully have patched all of the, most of the issues with the PS3 version. I just seem to remember lag and bug complaints, but surely, years later they would have fixed it all. It's a pretty fun and deep game. No idea what Mum-Ra has against it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I got it on PS3 for 10 bucks. Ultimate Edition with all the bells and whistles.

So options time.

Paid the tag fee of 60 dollars(55 for Personalized Tag 5 for late fee)

Now the ticket cost 119 dollars or go to court and explain to the judge on Nov 19 that I didn't recieve a tag notice at my address and possibly get it thrown out. So suggestions?

Get a traffic lawyer. I personally don't have time to go to court or wait in stupid ass ticket lines.

DominoKid

black twitter's #1 show is back tonight.

also The New Girl is actually kind of funny. i watched about half of S1 on netflix today. Zooey's the worst person on her own show tho.

ReiGun

Black comic book gaf.

There isnt really a DC movie thread, or at least I do not see one. So I decided to post this here.

Do you agree or disagree.

SuperMan and Death.
I'm not going to watch this long ass video, but here's my thoughts on Superman and killing. He shouldn't do it unless put into a situation where he absolutely has no other choice. Like it is literally his only option, with stakes that are so high the entire Earth/universe/multiverse is doomed if he doesn't. That pretty much leaves Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor as the only characters I'd be comfortable with him killing. Well, and Doomsday, who he already killed and lose his own life in the process.

Man of Steel attempts to create this kind of unwinninable moment, this Kobiyashi Maru, but the writing in the movie fails to support the idea. The situation that Superman is put into is ridiculous in context (actually, after thinking about it, it did work in context. The problem was that the context was pretty flimsy), and the aftermath is weak in that the rest of the movie practically ignores it happening. Goyer's explanation for it happening is nonsensical. Superman has to kill to learn that killing is bad? What?

The Maxwell Lord situation was a case where I thought the superhero killing someone because of an unwinnable situation actually worked. One, it happened with a character that doesn't have an established no kill (or at least didn't at the time) rule in Wonder Woman. Two, the fallout from the event treated it like a big deal. The first thing we see is Superman snap out of his mind control and be horrified that Diana snapped Max's neck. Compare that to MoS, where after Clark has his little freak out, everything is all happy again.

In general, though, I don't get the obsession with having Superman, or any superhero, kill. Killing has a finality to it that doesn't really have a place in superhero comics (especially with characters in Supes pay grade). Not saying that no superhero should kill ever. It makes sense for quite a few of them. But some people seem to want superheroes to just murder all their villains, tone and characterization be damned.

Top Bottom