• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

Superman shouldn't kill unless it is the absolutely, totally last choice. Superman killing should be looked at a lose on a monumental level. Like when he killed the 3 kryptionian soldiers, he went crazy afterwards.

Peopel think he and Cap share the same morality, too an extant they do. But Cap will kill for the greater good. He takes that sin on so that no one else has to, he is a soldier after all.

Friend made the same argument as Riplclawe did (about the affordable care act and slavery) in feminists club. They accepted the argument as reasonable.

Also, my friend was talking about the NSA and whatnot and apathy... It became a political discussion and all the guys (save for me) and only maybe three-four girls were talking about it, until one girl changed the subject and proved my friends' point about apathy.

Village

Superman shouldn't kill unless it is the absolutely, totally last choice. Superman killing should be looked at a lose on a monumental level. Like when he killed the 3 kryptionian soldiers, he went crazy afterwards.

Peopel think he and Cap share the same morality, too an extant they do. But Cap will kill for the greater good. He takes that sin on so that no one else has to, he is a soldier after all.
Cap is a very .. committed individual.

A non nuts punisher, if that makes sense.

so you agree with the video.

akira28

Superman doesn't kill unless absolutely necessary. We've seen examples of what happens once he pops. He can't stop. And then Earth is toast because who is going to beat Killer Superman?
Prep-time? No.

Gorillaz

I hate to be this guy when it comes to comicbook showdowns but uh.....
Ironman vs Batman who wins?
Ironman vs Batman with Preptime who wins

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Black comic book gaf.

There isnt really a DC movie thread, or at least I do not see one. So I decided to post this here.

Do you agree or disagree.

SuperMan and Death.

death should always be a final solution for supes. and that shit should hit him as hard as it does spider man. having him steamroll through dudes isnt superman. being a rookie doesnt feel like a viable excuse for a high death toll considering no other superman has such a death toll

if bats has preptime, then iron man has prep time as well. and as much as i think tony is a dick, his prep time is better. because his allies dont have gigantic glowing weakpoints, or keywords.

Fuck the world Braves are losing, internet is down, girlfriend and her gaggle of friends are hogging the tv cause of scandal. Going to the corner store to get me a 40 and a pack of ports.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fuck the world Braves are losing, internet is down, girlfriend and her gaggle of friends are hogging the tv cause of scandal. Going to the corner store to get me a 40 and a pack of ports.

the dodgers are winning? its because im not watching. im a curse to my team

Village

death should always be a final solution for supes. and that shit should hit him as hard as it does spider man. having him steamroll through dudes isnt superman. being a rookie doesnt feel like a viable excuse for a high death toll considering no other superman has such a death toll

I can kind of see being new as a kind of an excuse, but yeah there were some poor directorial choices. At least it isn't as bad as Injustice though.

Well fuck me I was just in a car accident where I hit a guy.

Going to work at around 9:30pm crossing through the intersection, a guy was halfway through the street. Didn't see him until he was 5 ft in front of me because he was wearing all black. Tried to swerve but caught his leg and his head cracked my windshield. Pulled over right away and went to call 911 but there was an EMT coming the other way who pulled up to stop traffic, and was already calling. Good thing cause I was shook. Guy hurt his leg and head but he is alive. EMT saw it all, that he was on a red when I hit the guy, he told the cops that. No skid marks because I was only doing 30 mph so no speeding. But I know damn well I'm probably going to get sued, so I'm expecting to have to go to court for this.

FUCK!

Gorillaz

Speaking of Scandal, I'm trying to watch it now since i've only seen it once and
black
twitter loves it but....why is Kerry Washington always making that face like she is about to cry. And what is up with all of these fast cutaways and fast dialogue. It's like the show itself has ADHD. Too much for me doe.

Going to work at around 9:30pm crossing through the intersection, a guy was halfway through the street. Didn't see him until he was 5 ft in front of me because he was wearing all black. Tried to swerve but caught his leg and his head cracked my windshield. Pulled over right away and went to call 911 but there was an EMT coming the other way who pulled up to stop traffic, and was already calling. Good thing cause I was shook. Guy hurt his leg and head but he is alive. EMT saw it all, that he was on a red when I hit the guy, he told the cops that. No skid marks because I was only doing 30 mph so no speeding. But I know damn well I'm probably going to get sued, so I'm expecting to have to go to court for this.

FUCK!
Yea I would get ready for the worst but that shit honestly pisses me off. Mfers out here wearing all dark clothing and get surprised when drivers can barely see them

Shit, its just not BCT's week up in here man. Moms getting cancer, car accidents, lawsuits, jobs lost, tickets to pay, AND DKC TF got delayed

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

FUCK!
Sued for what? Some serious bullshit if you're made to pay a dime. But making you appear in court and hire a lawyer is bad enough. But man look at it this way: he's not dead, you're not dead, no one was hurt too bad. Could have been a lot worse.

Sorry to hear it though. We're beeing tested this week, now I'm wondering about what's gonna happen to me.

Sued for what? Some serious bullshit if you're made to pay a dime. But making you appear in court and hire a lawyer is bad enough.

But man look at it this way: he's not dead, you're not dead, no one was hurt too bad. Could have been a lot worse.

Its going to happen because he will claim the walk signal was on, so it will be my word, and the EMT who saw its word against his. My father is a lawyer so im not worried about that part, but still the intersection is a big one don't know how he didn't look before crossing, and he was almost in the middle of the road.

DominoKid

Speaking of Scandal, I'm trying to watch it now since i've only seen it once and
black
twitter loves it but....why is Kerry Washington always making that face like she is about to cry. And what is up with all of these fast cutaways and fast dialogue. It's like the show itself has ADHD. Too much for me doe.

Scandal is doing 100 on the freeway right now. i can see how it'd be overwhelming for a first time viewer.

10078771563_e632aea4ee_c.jpg

Here is the intersection, yellow is him blue is me.

My lights were on, and its almost 6-7 car lengths between crosswalks.

Damn man.

harSon

Banned
Well - I'm going to add fuel to the fire.

5-10 minutes ago I heard what I thought was firecrackers or gunshots, followed by a car skidding and then a CRASH. And it seems some guy was getting chased and shot at, was speeding down our street, made a sharp turn and skid into the light pole a house over from us. Guess he got out and ran? Cause there's nobody in the car. There's a shit ton of cops arriving....

Slay please post the panel for Cap vs Baron Blood. Best example.
I love how Bats is put on this pedastal. Dont get me wrong he is one of the worlds greatest detectives in his prospective Universe, but this is Futurist Tony Stark we are talking about. Tony has this in spades with or without preptime.

FUCK!

My one and only question is are you okay?
Stay up my brother.
Well - I'm going to add fuel to the fire.

5-10 minutes ago I heard what I thought was firecrackers or gunshots, followed by a car skidding and then a CRASH. And it seems some guy was getting chased and shot at, was speeding down our street, made a sharp turn and skid into the light pole a house over from us. Guess he got out and ran? Cause there's nobody in the car. There's a shit ton of cops arriving....

be cautious pimp. Stay indoors. Keep us posted

harSon

Banned
They found the driver, it was a pizza delivery man.

Apparently some car pulled alongside him and started shooting, he sped off and crashed into a light pole making a turn.

Here's the closest picture I could get: http://i.imgur.com/7WHtU1a.jpg

Edit: These neighbors need to fuck off.

"Were the shooters black? Were they mexican?"

Had to walk my ass back in the house.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wasn't going to say anything, but I fucked up my knee and ankle last night too lol

Jumped off the room of a 1 story building because I couldn't think of a better plan at the time.

Gorillaz

I feel like I'm going to end up getting fucked over in some way due to the simple fact I know yall by association

this thread is cursed

Imm0rt4l

I am fine, my car is only dinged up in a few places, but I am still kind of in disbelief that I hit someone.

Your exact situation happened to a good friend of mine last year. His side windows are tinted darker than his windshield and he was making a turn and the woman he hit was wearing all black at night. The woman was fine though, but the ambulance was still called. He wasn't sued, but she collected the maximum amount she could from the insurance company rather than try and bleed him dry. I know it can be stressful.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
she was using her vehicle as a weapon right? in the middle of dc where every security detail and law enforcement official is on edge because of the shutdown too?

she's lucky her kid survived. they could've hit her automatic weapons fire.
All this shit happening to BCT....I spent $20 on 2K's rehashed garbage. I clearly have it the worst.

day 1 digital on psn

now i know how the slaves felt

Your exact situation happened to a good friend of mine last year. His side windows are tinted darker than his windshield and he was making a turn and the woman he hit was wearing all black at night. The woman was fine though, but the ambulance was still called. He wasn't sued, but she collected the maximum amount she could from the insurance company rather than try and bleed him dry. I know it can be stressful.

Im of two minds on the situation right now, but both of them are pissed.

Im pissed that he wasn't looking while crossing the street.

Im pissed that I didn't see him.

Its a big intersection and the street lights only illuminate like a foot off the curb but I didn't see shit until he was right in front of me.

RedSwirl

Shit, its just not BCT's week up in here man. Moms getting cancer, car accidents, lawsuits, jobs lost, tickets to pay, AND DKC TF got delayed

Uh... my mom lost her job and my dad is one of the essential government people being forced to work for free?

...and I still can't find a motherfucking job?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Somebody put a hex on the thread.

On a different note Gravity fucking owned. If the DOP doesn't get the fucking Nobel Peace Prize for this, then tables need to be flipped. Stressful ass movie. I'm still in awe.

Sandra haters can take several seats.

Alfonso man...

12 years a Slave needs to be on some next level shit. I didn't blink once through the different long takes.

Imm0rt4l

Somebody put a hex on the thread.

On a different note Gravity fucking owned. If the DOP doesn't get the fucking Nobel Peace Prize for this, then tables need to be flipped. Stressful ass movie. I'm still in awe.

Sandra haters can take several seats.

Alfonso man...

12 years a Slave needs to be on some next level shit. I didn't blink once through the different long takes.

Her getting an Oscar for The Blindside is still hilarious to me. I hope she is good in this though, haven't seen it yet.

Okay....

Fuck this noise.

When it turns midnight in Cali we will all say its the beginning of a new day. We gonna take it and run with it and just have a bunch of solid days after all this. We dont need anymore L's.

Positive thinking pushing positive vibes throughout.

When we wake up in the morning we will look on this day as a bad fucking dream.

Okay....

Fuck this noise.

When it turns midnight in Cali we will all say its the beginning of a new day. We gonna take it and run with it and just have a bunch of solid days after all this. We dont need anymore L's.

Positive thinking pushing positive vibes throughout.

When we wake up in the morning we will look on this day as a bad fucking dream.

I wish, it seems like this is going to be L-tober. Only November and the arrival of Next-Gen can save us.

Top Bottom