• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I'm doing a thing where I don't shave for the entirety of November at all and take a pic each day. Posting them up to FB.

Some of my family is finally believing that I can't grow a beard.

The struggle is so real with this chick! I can't breathe at all!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201486587420041

Such dance!

Holy shit I think we have a love connection. We need to get these folks together
Her male counterpart

The Danger of Dating Black Men

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGF_-atRpyQ

Check it out. I learned a lot.

Wow this fucker is salty because a brother down the line somewhere stole his woman. All this dumb ass hostility.

FyreWulff

No Shave November eh?

Yeah, except entire face instead of moustache.

Day 3 and still nothing showing up in the camera pics

Man, I played with this guy damn near every weekend of 2012 in Gears 3, and this is exactly the OT I expected.

Well done Unreal_Loco

wtfhiszx.gif

Alright, who fucking gave astronauts guns

Can't believe dudes were saying she was better looking than Tao Okamoto.

she wasn't. but she was more tolerable than tao in that film because that girl was fucking mentally challenged in wolverine. such an awful character.

also brehs. 12 years a slave. emotionally draining experience. a good film. also this sounds silly to even say but an IMPORTANT one as well. everybody should see it.

Kreed

also brehs. 12 years a slave. emotionally draining experience. a good film. also this sounds silly to even say but an IMPORTANT one as well. everybody should see it.

I really don't want to support another slavery/civil rights oscar grab film, but it does sound like I need to just hold my tongue on this one and go see it.

SmokyDave

Man that Japanese chick (Rila Fukushima) from Wolverine movie...man I don't want to sound mean or anything because you know everyone is beautiful /drake.

But she looks like an alien on some real talk.

I mean look at her head! it's an upside down triangle yo!
tumblr_mqhr0jRehz1qet0epo1_500.jpg

Her forehead is like ridic!
Rila_Fukushima.jpg

I mean she looks cute when she's caked up and has hair covering 2/3 of her face and is at a decent camera angle.

I don't understand just don't understand.
hqdefault.jpg

"Land on your own moon".

zero_suit

If Django got you emotionally then 12 Years will definitely mess you up.

There are a couple scenes that really stick with you.

she wasn't. but she was more tolerable than tao in that film because that girl was fucking mentally challenged in wolverine. such an awful character.

Is it the best film of the year?

Imm0rt4l

$30 for a prologue tho

I don't know if that's better or worse than charging $60 for a Diablo 3 beta

All I'm saying is Kojima better have fucking misspoke when he basically said that Ground serves as a tutorial for the games new mechanics and a means to acclamate the player to them. A $30 Prologue? lol Kojipls

Kreed

It's not an "Oscar bait" movie.

I'm sure the film isn't, but it's hard not to see it as Oscar bait when Hollywood keeps throwing these films out one after another every year at the expense of other non slavery black stories they could be turning into films.

Slayven

I be glad when black people can get an Oscar nominated movie that doesn't wallow in black people being crapped on.

Kreed

It's not even a Hollywood movie FFS.

You know what I'm getting at. How about a movie about a group of black friends taking a trip to vegas for some crazy adventures or a black woman installing a telescope to a satellite and having to make it home?

It wasn't a joke!

I don't think it wallows in black people being crapped on.

Also there was Beasts of the Southern Wild that year as well.

Beasts is a great example, but it's too bad it never got a major release/couldn't sell huge numbers to get Hollywood's attention vs the main character getting an Oscar nod.

Beasts is a great example, but it's too bad it never got a major release/couldn't sell huge numbers to get Hollywood's attention vs the main character getting an Oscar nod.

I thought it should have won that year for Best Picture and Quvenzhané Wallis should have won best Actress. That little girl can act.

How in fucks sake does a whole suit jacket and pants go missing in my house?!

I just pissed away 600 dollars and its no where to be fucking seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom