• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
on the dl the hood loves soad.
No DL about it. First SOAD song I ever heard was "Forest" while working at an indy wrestling gig back in the day, immediately went out and bought all their shit. Lost an additional 20 minutes after finding the Aerials video link just going through their VEVO. Amazing fucking band.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So I got my new place and who's the first person I run into after lunch - notpregnantanymore girl in a brand new car.

Nakazato

Update on Moms: She had her surgery last week and it went fine. She's at home recovering now; in pain, but it looks like she's going to be okay and cancer free.

Thanks again everyone for all your well wishes.

Kinda tempted to post this on facebook cause I know some people would fall for it.

Good Shit. Great to hear ReiGun

DY_nasty

Update on Moms: She had her surgery last week and it went fine. She's at home recovering now; in pain, but it looks like she's going to be okay and cancer free.

Thanks again everyone for all your well wishes.

Kinda tempted to post this on facebook cause I know some people would fall for it.
That's great news man

Now I'm sitting at Vista Point watching planes on approach vector landing at Atlanta Airport 45 miles away. Drinking a sweetwater festive ale.

Taste like Christmas?!

In layman's terms Riovane bout to get fuckered.

Slayven

Now I'm sitting at Vista Point watching planes on approach vector landing at Atlanta Airport 45 miles away. Drinking a sweetwater festive ale.

Taste like Christmas?!

In layman's terms Riovane bout to get fuckered.
Black man drunk on a week night? Shti still illegal in GA.

The first week of December I will officially be a full time GAF poster/part time podcaster.

Gave my boss 3 weeks notice, and I could tell she's freaked out because shit'll be harder when they throw someone else without training at my desk, who will probably be a temp, and most likely not be down with 60 hour weeks.

Good feeling knowing that I'm somewhat off the hook for that pile now. Looking forward to some time off, but gonna job hunt immediately.

Slayven

The first week of December I will officially be a full time GAF poster/part time podcaster.

Gave my boss 3 weeks notice, and I could tell she's freaked out because shit'll be harder when they throw someone else without training at my desk, who will probably be a temp, and most likely not be down with 60 hour weeks.

Good feeling knowing that I'm somewhat off the hook for that pile now. Looking forward to some time off, but gonna job hunt immediately.

6a00d83451d6e069e20133f5b56fe2970b-800wi

The most consistent advice I hear on getting relationships seems to be "treat her like she ain't shit." And mostly from women. What.

Sounds terribly unhealthy.

Just another statement lacking proper nuance. You shouldn't be a doormat but why would you want to be an asshole? There is a middle ground here. God people are idiots. /pissy

When you consider that the average person is pretty dim and that means that half of the population is even dumber than that average person and then consider the number of people with mental disorders and such.

Even before you get into compatibility, it's almost a wonder that there are any healthy relationships.

I don't think I'd consider any of my friends' relationships ideal or close to it.

DY_nasty

Just another statement lacking proper nuance. You shouldn't be a doormat but why would you want to be an asshole? There is a middle ground here. God people are idiots. /pissy

Assholes are more successful than doormats simply because they're not wusses.

A lot of people branded assholes aren't even though too. The amount of people who are labeled assholes because they're not licking their own self-inflicted wounds constantly is depressing.

I mean... if you have to choose one or the other. Being a doormat doesn't even cross my mind, I have no clue how someone's self worth can be so low that they're willing to be someone's punk.

I'm kind of a dick in general, but that's mostly due to something...

I could never be someone's doormat, especially since I have a slight superiority complex and I'm a smartass.

And I gives no fucks about feelings. My sister taught me that shit.

Gorillaz

i'm too emotionally cold and distant to be desperate enough to be the doormat

I'm basically like Dennis from Always Sunny except I don't come off as a creeper or use the D.E.N.N.I.S. system

Fuckin A, whats with all these chicks from my past sending me text messages with photos? Like I feel like this is some sort of conspiracy to ruin me. :c

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That reminds me Angelus; Was it you or someone else who had the ex that was like "I know when you gf is at work, you know where I leave the key" after someone in the family had passed? Man that was prolly the most fucked up game Ive heard all year.

Confidence will open doors. Having an amazing game will keep the open. Aggression is key to getting what you want.

Now more beer and Vanquish.

TheKaeptain said:
She's one of my best friends. I don't think I could hit that. I value her friendship.

I respect this and have female friends who I feel the same way to. I have to say the way you worded this, really sounds like some shit Drake would say. Like I read that and I immediately imagined Drake saying that shit.

My mother was diagnosed with sleep apnea and she just received the CPAP machine in the mail. Luckily, insurance covered it.

It hurts real deep having to see your mother have a machine to sleep. I'm worried as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom