• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

You know thats a damn good question pimp. How the hell you sore from karaoke? You mean your throat sore? or is there something something you needs to be splaining.

Nah im fucking with you I hope you had a solid time. Actually I hope all of you had a solid time on this friday night. Me im fucking working. Dealing with bullshit.

You sure all you did was karaoke?

Gotta sell that performance!

paulruddqueen.gif

You know thats a damn good question pimp. How the hell you sore from karaoke? You mean your throat sore? or is there something something you needs to be splaining.

Nah im fucking with you I hope you had a solid time. Actually I hope all of you had a solid time on this friday night. Me im fucking working. Dealing with bullshit.

I'm at work every Friday and Saturday night, I live in Bull Shit. Probably going to have it out with my boss today when he comes in.

#FUCKRETAIL

Nakazato

Going to watch man of steel later, will my child hood be ruined?

U know what I'm in the minority but i didnt think the movie was horrible but it was far from great. Look at it like this.... an alternate way to do a superman origin that is the universe builder.

With that said..... Cap 2 was a marginal movie with good fight Choreography.

Slayven

U know what I'm in the minority but i didnt think the movie was horrible but it was far from great. Look at it like this.... an alternate way to do a superman origin that is the universe builder.

With that said..... Cap 2 was a marginal movie with good fight Choreography.

Is the tornado scene as bad as they say?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The second you stop looking for the Batman Begins within it and start realize that its actually an action movie with a larger than necessary prologue, the faster you can enjoy it.

Also, I've never seen a black person watch that scene without laughing.

Kinda like how the last batman movie was a great movie but not really a great batman movie. This is a really good action movie with superman*meh.

Slayven

The second you stop looking for the Batman Begins within it and start realize that its actually an action movie with a larger than necessary prologue, the faster you can enjoy it.

Also, I've never seen a black person watch that scene without laughing.

Kinda like how the last batman movie was a great movie but not really a great batman movie. This is a really good action movie with superman*meh.

all superman movies have larger than necessary prologues. Smallville's was 10 years worth of prologue.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
all superman movies have larger than necessary prologues. Smallville's was 10 years worth of prologue.

then you know how to accept the usual cheese and customary shitty lois lane

its a dope action movie

ReiGun

I think MoS was pretty bad overall, but not the life-ruining harrowing experience the internet has made it out to be. It had good action, casting, and music, but really poor writing brought the whole thing down.

cdyhybrid

I think MoS was pretty bad overall, but not the life-ruining harrowing experience the internet has made it out to be. It had good action, casting, and music, but really poor writing brought the whole thing down.

On GAF movies are either the greatest movie ever, or absolute garbage that the creators should be ashamed of.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

He should of just had a Heart Attack

Its how the comics deal with it and its poetic in a way. It establishes that regardless of how powerful Superman is he can't save you from everything

Also Saw Captain America Yesterday and its amazing..... They had a x-men dofp trailer and fuck me it got me excited for that movie. The Amazing spiderman 2 trailer was so bad though I had forgot it had happened when a friend asked me what I thought about it after the movie.

Slayven

then you know how to accept the usual cheese and customary shitty lois lane

its a dope action movie

lois isd just a shitty character. Doesn't love Clark until she finds out he is superman, than making the man's job a hundred times harder by getting into bad shit.

BHZ Mayor

I was just watching videos of ViewtifulJC's all-time favorite songs, "Real Nigga Roll Call" and "My Nigga" to compare the "nigga count."

Lil Jon - 162
YG - 129 (which counted adlibs plus 3 adlibs that the video missed)

Even counting adlibs, YG's song didn't stand a chance.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's a lot ninjas.

Where you're from- Cali
Where you live- Cali
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American with a small small amount of French (I'm told).
Do you know your roots- the show?
Your Age- 23
Favorite musical genre- don't have one
Your profession/major/career interest- currently work for AT&T/psych/therapist
Your religious affiliation- theist
Hobbies- doing whatever I feel like so a certain hobby is kinda hard to pin down.

A friend is letting me borrow MoS. I'm looking forward to it even though I'm not a supes fan. But Cap will be watched this week. Cannot wait. And for people who have seen both which is the better movie?

Kreed

Going to watch man of steel later, will my child hood be ruined?

I went into the movie with no expectations and enjoyed it. I'm glad the hate for this movie didn't start until after I saw it. Like most things on the internet, most of the comments I read right after seeing the film were positive (including GAF), then a couple of months later the hate starts. I think the only thing in the film most people didn't like across the board was the tornado scene, and to be honest with you it wasn't even on my radar as being a horrible scene until after I read reviews pointing out how bad it was. It was one of those "Yeah that really was a bad scene" moments.

Gorillaz

Said it in the OT but Cap 2 is raw as fuck. Best film in the MCU by far.

Should have been first movie of phase 2 instead of Ironman 3

ReiGun

I went into the movie with no expectations and enjoyed it. I'm glad the hate for this movie didn't start until after I saw it. Like most things on the internet, most of the comments I read right after seeing the film were positive (including GAF), then a couple of months later the hate starts. I think the only thing in the film most people didn't like across the board was the tornado scene, and to be honest with you it wasn't even on my radar as being a horrible scene until after I read reviews pointing out how bad it was. It was one of those "Yeah that really was a bad scene" moments.

The hate didn't really whip into high gear until about a month after release. I'm more amazed by how long it's persisted. People still get fucking heated about this movie. So much so I think it's spilled over into people's perceptions of other DC stuff. I've noticed the Nolan films getting more hate post-MoS, for example.

Trey

Cap 2 was excellent.

Yep. Actually made Falcon look good, which is impressive by itself.

Also Saw Captain America Yesterday and its amazing..... They had a x-men dofp trailer and fuck me it got me excited for that movie. The Amazing spiderman 2 trailer was so bad though I had forgot it had happened when a friend asked me what I thought about it after the movie.

Said it in the OT but Cap 2 is raw as fuck. Best film in the MCU by far.

Should have been first movie of phase 2 instead of Ironman 3

Cap 2 was legit. Am gonna go watch it again during the week.

Captain America 2 was GREAT

Captain America 2 had a lot more going on than I expected. A very enjoyable movie.

Damn, Winter Soldier was solid, monica. Don't stay after the credits for that ass teaser, though

A consensus, I think. Cap puts on.

First teaser was straight if kinda clunky, but the second one...I'm mad I stayed for that shit, pretty redundant considering the last few minutes of the movie.

Top Bottom