• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

cdyhybrid

Seeing Cap tonight at one of those theaters that serve beer and food during the movie. Gonna be a packed Saturday night crowd, all 21+. Should be a good time.

royalan

Captain America is officially black approved. We'll have to ship Chris Evans his hood pass soon.

Michael B Jordan already presented it to him:

pOf3354.jpg

ScarJo can't act for shit nor do I find her intimidating but that's typical for just about every woman casted into comic book films.

I'm a captain america fanboy. I'll admit it. I enjoyed Cap 1. My problem is the attacking the hydra base montage. Should have been a longer film IMO.

ReiGun

Will not stand for this slander of The Others. They're awesome, even if they need a better name.

OK, you guys convinced me. Was cap 1 any good? I skipped it. Then got interested because of avengers. Hell, was Thor 2 any good?

Cap 1 was good right up until the second half, where fell off a cliff. Thor 2 was doo doo.

Trey

OK, you guys convinced me. Was cap 1 any good? I skipped it. Then got interested because of avengers. Hell, was Thor 2 any good?

Cap 1 was okay but the CGI was terrible. Evans felt comfortable in the role and the costume wasn't half bad.

Thor 2 was just out and out terrible. Natalie Portman's character might as well had not been there, and it's reflected in Portman's acting. She couldn't care less.

I don't see slander of them so much as criticism of the laziness with which they were named. Comic book nerd defensiveness god damn.

ReiGun

Rumor has it Beyonce referred to her ol crew SWV as Beyonce 'n' them behind their backs
In the latter years of Destiny's Child, she called them "Me, Kelly, and that other one"

They own the rights to "Sea Devils", can't get a more badass sea team name than that.
Aquaman is the only sea member though. The rest live in jungles and aircraft carriers and shit.

I don't see slander of them so much as criticism of the laziness with which they were named. Comic book nerd defensiveness god damn.
I will defend the honor of these imaginary spandex people and you will deal.

Kreed

Damn, Winter Soldier was solid, monica. Don't stay after the credits for that ass teaser, though

After the Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 I wasn't expecting much from the second teaser, but that shit could have been a screen shot.

You should watch it before watching Cap 2, but just know Cap 2 is on a completely different level from Cap 1. Thor 2 was ok, but Cap 2 was better than that too outside of Loki.

Trey

How did they fuck Thor 2 up? I'm not the only one who enjoyed the first? Two words: red box.

I liked Thor 1. It had a fish out of water angle to it that was at least somewhat charming.

Thor 2 had an uninteresting plot that really only served to introduce another infinity gem for Avengers 2. Loki was cool but even his shenanigans wore thin by the end of the movie. Portman's character was already mentioned. Half the cast literally exists to be only comic relief in a movie with laughable "tension" in the first place.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Going in tonight to watch this. Black GAF has convinced me. My roommate was getting all wet about it too but he's into comics so I kept it pushing lol.

Top Bottom