• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Save our youth Obama :(

BkqsoHeIQAIrimb.jpg

i dont understand chief keef. can someone explain thotties to me?

and that thread is an exercise in futility. ive seen all those lame duck arguments before

Okay let me drop this on you.

It's common to more easily gravitate towards girls of your own race because you're more likely to share certain similarities in worldview right? Like, it's obvious at some level they would feel like a default right?

Yeah, definitely. Best practice would still be to have an open mind, though. But I'm not really bothered by implicit dating preferences, it's the explicit "I just don't"s that are always about something else that they refuse to admit.

Even implicit preferences can lead to questions though. Especially when you have black guys who never date black women, easily could be access/shared interests.. but at least in America, we also have a history of painting black women as undesirable that something more sinister may be lurking. Complicated, luckily our resident racists usually make it pretty simple.

It's common to more easily gravitate towards girls of your own race because you're more likely to share certain similarities in worldview right? Like, it's obvious at some level they would feel like a default right?

It's sensible to look for someone that's likely to have things in common with you, especially if you're looking for anything with some durability. But just like there's a difference between saying you're more attracted to group x and you don't think group y is attractive at all, there's a difference between saying group x is more likely to share views with you and group y could never understand you.

The thing both of those criteria have in common is if you try to apply them to an entire group, it crosses the line from preference to prejudice. I mean, how seriously can you take someone who says they've never seen an attractive woman from a certain race? There are not just attractive but beautiful women of all races even if you just go outside, not to mention in the media.

harSon

Banned
Christavious JaiTez Tylean Anderson

Thats a full name, kid already born with 3 strikes

I'm still mad over a girl named Starshima I serviced when I worked with At Risk Youth for the city of San Jose. She signed her name with the symbol star and then shima, and had a gold glitter gel pen on hand she used for the star.

Unless you are white I don't think that applies. The OKCupid stats are mind-glowingly great imo. They show what happens when you give people free reign over which race to contact.
The only group which exclusively look for the same race is white women. According to their stats black men are also significantly more likely to reply to contact from an asian or white women than a black woman. Black men also have the lowest % of people who say that they would strongly prefer to date within their race.

harSon

Banned
I'll never understand skintone as a priority with looks. Ugly and beautiful comes in all shades.

100% agreed.

I used to be a heavy participant in these threads, but honestly I don't see the point anymore. I spend all this time arguing my points, and the ignorant double down on their ignorance while I'm left wondering why the fuck I just wasted a few hours of my life.

I feel like people who think certain features exist solely with one group just aren't in diverse places or know tons of mixed people. Growing up in the Bay Area I saw all kinds of features with all kinds of skintones. This diversity is rarely reflected in the media.

I find certain features hot and I've been around people or actively looked to see that the physical parts I find attractive are not limited to a particular race or skintone.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I feel like people who think certain features exist solely with one group just aren't in diverse places or know tons of mixed people. Growing up in the Bay Area I saw all kinds of features with all kinds of skintones. This diversity is rarely reflected in the media.

I think this is a major point that is kinda being ignored on both sides of this argument. You have already sheltered people opinions being reinforced by what the media tells us is the standard of beauty.
That being said yeah some of those comments are straight indefensible.

Trey

that summer 3ds launch window. smart idea

Yep. I wouldn't have double dipped if they released at the same time. Now I'm getting both and I ain't even mad.

Greninja being included is definitely a surprise. It wouldn't have been in my top 20 guesses. Slick move, Sakurai.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They didn't throw competitive players in the bushes this time. The netcode better be good! :mad: This looks like a lot of fun.

Namco put Steve Fox into Little Mac. I'm putting the beats on anyone using that overrated ass fire type starter, with Lucario. Dragonite was better than Char's punkass.

I don't even know who that second Pokemon is.

Word. All I saw was that it had a teleport, projectile, ragnarok, and a divekick. Namco bringing Marvel fuckery to Smash Bros.

Can't wait for that $150 wii U that I can buy "for my daughter."

Anyone have a good idea on where the line between self-promotion and chronicling a venture on gaf is?

Parallax

They didn't throw competitive players in the bushes this time. The netcode better be good! :mad: This looks like a lot of fun.

Namco put Steve Fox into Little Mac. I'm putting the beats on anyone using that overrated ass fire type starter, with Lucario. Dragonite was better than Char's punkass.

Word. All I saw was that it had a teleport, projectile, ragnarok, and a divekick. Namco bringing Marvel fuckery to Smash Bros.

For glory mode is gonna get a lot of cats caught up.

I guess that means that the not intended play argument goes out the window too.

Parallax

I hope they made sonic like his breakdancing sonic battle counterpart

And all these character buffs, god damn.

RedSwirl

So I just found out I have a shitload of half uncles/aunts I've never met and probably never will.

See, the whole American stereotype about black women having children from multiple fathers (that probably isn't remotely unique to black women in America) never really hit me personally. My generation of the family is pretty much all full siblings and stable marriages. My parents and grandparents generation however is another story. I've already accepted that I'll probably never meet either of my biological grandfathers.

Anybody else ever actually tried to investigate shit like that in their own families?

So I just found out I have a shitload of half uncles/aunts I've never met and probably never will.

See, the whole American stereotype about black women having children from multiple fathers (that probably isn't remotely unique to black women in America) never really hit me personally. My generation of the family is pretty much all full siblings and stable marriages. My parents and grandparents generation however is another story. I've already accepted that I'll probably never meet either of my biological grandfathers.

Anybody else ever actually tried to investigate shit like that in their own families?

Bro, my dad discovered his mom, wasn't him mom when getting a passport for a cruise. Dude was like 35-40. Found out that his "cousin" was his mother (his dad was his dad tho... awkward.), netted me about 8 more aunts/uncles.

Slayven

Bro, my dad discovered his mom, wasn't him mom when getting a passport for a cruise. Dude was like 35-40. Found out that his "cousin" was his mother (his dad was his dad tho... awkward.), netted me about 8 more aunts/uncles.
That shit seemed to happen a lot one generation back.

That shit seemed to happen a lot one generation back.

Yep, that hush hush okey-doke

That's why it's always so funny to me when people talk about moral decay.

Got two aunts with children by the same man on my mom's side, too. I found that out like 5 years ago, and my mom was like, "oh.. you didn't know?"

FUCK NO, I DIDN'T KNOW.

For years I thought I was named after a man who wasn't my father. It wasn't until recently when I tracked the cat down and decided fuck it its not worth it.

Parallax

The Wii U has been shot by the colt, beheaded by the first blade, AND had the remains salted and burned. The units on shelves are just echos of the past.

then its in purgatory waiting for a way out

i found out that my uncle' sister is also his cousin.

theres... a lot of drama there

Top Bottom