• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

I think what happens often is that it's just easier and more entertaining to beat on someone you don't agree with, is less experienced, it is less mature in some way then it is to try to help them come up, especially with the anonymity afforded by the Internet. I'm definitely guilty of it when it comes to race threads.

Truth. Instead of getting immediately defensive i really try and understand someones viewpoint.

Goddamn.

So I started watching Cosmos. That shit is so damn good.

Also show of hands, how many people think I should make a thread about the verses to gauge feedback and motivate me to continue writing....?

Big butt and boobs, but I'm serious when I say it's her personality that's got me hooked on her at the moment. We spend 3 hours last night talking about fucked up shit lol

Oh so you got a B.A.P on ya hands huh?

hang on to her. If shit ever get real she'll stand and fight with you. I know from experience.

from the receiving end

zero_suit

I've had some struggle meals in college, but..

QDjOtjj.jpg

Furyous

Compaq still makes monitors?!! The iPaq was ahead of its time. I remember when Palm released a color Palm Pilot *sighs*. Those were the days. Technology advanced to the point that people can stream music and conduct business from the same device.

I'm still mad I missed out on inventing Xvideos.

Y'all talked about this yet?

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/raised-honor-african-ness-avoid-becoming-black-capital-b

Right now, I'm dealing with the sheltered obnoxious *EDIT* people, do the math folk, that show greater respect to members of our diaspora from Africa than us. This happens because, in their words, "they come from a more unique culture than us". That's code word for fuck y'all <insert dehumanizing slander>.

Having thought about it, the utter frustration this brings in the moment is the worst. I'm not referencing treatment the sheltered insulated *EDIT* person. Someone with roots in Africa has a tribe followed by/including country to call home as well as the identity that comes with that.

As black people, there's no tribe and no country for us to point to and claim as our own. I haven't touched on the fight for basic rights and systematic destruction of communities as well as the impact on the black millennial generation either.

FyreWulff

FyreWulff has stepped up his OKCupid game

There's hope yet, Rei

Should mention I'm still hooking up with the white girl I met before, and they both know I'm fucking the other one (I keep everything on the up and up, no hiding anything)

There was seriously an anchor on my soul for the past few years and now I feel much better about myself going forward. I've literally never done this before. Sometimes I feel like an idiot for opportunities I now know I fucking just let go.

I'm just going to call this the sadwich

Should mention I'm still hooking up with the white girl I met before, and they both know I'm fucking the other one (I keep everything on the up and up, no hiding anything)

There was seriously an anchor on my soul for the past few years and now I feel much better about myself going forward. I've literally never done this before. Sometimes I feel like an idiot for opportunities I now know I fucking just let go.

My friend joked about this last Saturday night. He wish he could go back and tell his younger self all the shit he missed out on and give him some tips, but the way i see it those experiences made who you are today. For me, life is all about learning new things, and if you're still learning at 30 instead of 13, hey, more power to you. I never focus on the shit I fucked up on in the past(cuz they aint nothing you can do about that), but how much better tomorrow is gonna be after what I learned today.

IceCold

My friend joked about this last Saturday night. He wish he could go back and tell his younger self all the shit he missed out on and give him some tips, but the way i see it those experiences made who you are today. For me, life is all about learning new things, and if you're still learning at 30 instead of 13, hey, more power to you. I never focus on the shit I fucked up on in the past(cuz they aint nothing you can do about that), but how much better tomorrow is gonna be after what I learned today.

That's deep and a great outlook to have about life.

Silky

Banned
I've had some struggle meals in college, but..

Super saiyan struggle. Bananas, BLT w no bacon, pretty much ever struggle sandwich one can have in the south i ate at some point..... But nothing like this. I've never imagined we could attain such levels

This post killed me. He might as well have put an IOU between two pieces of bread.

Ice grill sam

Freezy panini.

somebody tell my nigga we free now

it didn't have to end this way

What are those, sliced up breast implants?

At least the motherfucker who ate this will be hydrated.

dead.png
dead.png
dead.png

Mr. Patch

I had Spaghetti O's the other day.

They tasted like vomit. Literal vomit. I cannot comprehend how I ever ate that vomit flavored rubbish as a child.

royalan

Lord...LOGO is now showing reruns of Living Single, and I'm getting my life.

They just don't make black sitcoms like this anymore.

And, in hindsight, I'm amazed at how many NBA players they got to guest star.

Lord...LOGO is now showing reruns of Living Single, and I'm getting my life.

They just don't make black sitcoms like this anymore.

And, in hindsight, I'm amazed at how many NBA players they got to guest star.

When I went up to big bear a month back we ended up watching 2 hours of Living Single and drinking vodka before we went to the local bars.

Something about that 90s magic is just hypnotizing, couldn't turn it off.

90's everybody had that water cooler moment with TV. I remember going to school the next day after Martin, In living Color or Fresh Prince and cats quoting it. Now we do it on message boards and complain lol.

90's everybody had that water cooler moment with TV. I remember going to school the next day after Martin, In living Color or Fresh Prince and cats quoting it. Now we do it on message boards and complain lol.

Well what came after The Parkers and the Hughleys?

Ugh. No one is going to bother discussing those.

RIGHT!?

Moesha??
Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
Blossom!?

MY SHIT!!

i8ia1qFODGBy2.gif

Clarissa Explains it All
Sister Sister
The Secret World of Alex Mack

Top Bottom