• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

harSon

Banned
Real Husbands of Hollywood and his role on the show are pretty damned amazing though.

I think he's a better comedian in terms of delivery, showmanship and acting than he is a comedian in terms of writing/coming up with his own material.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
David Chappelle's Block Party is required viewing. Can't recommend it enough.

David Chappelle's Block Party is required viewing. Can't recommend it enough.

100% agreed DY.

Also Patrice O'neal was funy but he was also too real. He is/was the modern day Dick Gregory. Once people stopped laughing at the joke they got angry at the truth he was spitting. At least in my circle anyway.

100% agreed DY.

Also Patrice O'neal was funy but he was also too real. He is/was the modern day Dick Gregory. Once people stopped laughing at the joke they got angry at the truth he was spitting. At least in my circle anyway.

Exactly. Gone way too soon.

I've tried to give Kevin Hart a chance but...he does absolutely nothing for me. I tried watching like 2 of his earlier specials (before that one movie he had) and both times I just had like a small chuckle here and there. It's bad when I'm looking at your comedy special and thinking:

"OK, I did 2 loads of clothes...just got the whites left"

"Why don't I cook this more often? It's great!"

"Did I take the trash out? Fuck it, it's too dark anyway"

you know?

Block Party was solid.
Kevin Hart has his moments. The cat is hit or miss moreso then a lot of comedians.
Patrice O'Neal would have been the next big thing. But to be honest I feel the cat went out on top. He never compromised and burned a shit load of bridges. Could he have been bigger? Yeah probably but cat was amazingly funny.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Exactly. Gone way too soon.

I've tried to give Kevin Hart a chance but...he does absolutely nothing for me. I tried watching like 2 of his earlier specials (before that one movie he had) and both times I just had like a small chuckle here and there. It's bad when I'm looking at your comedy special and thinking:

"OK, I did 2 loads of clothes...just got the whites left"

"Why don't I cook this more often? It's great!"

"Did I take the trash out? Fuck it, it's too dark anyway"

you know?
He's definitely background material for sure. Probably one of the few comedy shows I could actually do homework to.

Gorillaz

Kevin hart relies on self deprecating humor to get the job done. Which is not bad but his delivery of it comes off in a "please crack a smile yall....pls" way. He's trying too hard.

Trey

A call to arms with no battle plans, insulting the troops along the way.

edit: ah, there it is.

A big problem I find is that many of the few who "make it" don't return to the communities that raised them. Can't have progress if the wealth isn't shared.

edit2: I don't know how staying home from work will help anything. You'd just be fucking yourself unless you got most of your coworkers in on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
out of all the dudes from Goodie Mob and Dungeon Family I never expected Cee-Lo to get as big as he did.

Kevin hart relies on self deprecating humor to get the job done. Which is not bad but his delivery of it comes off in a "please crack a smile yall....pls" way. He's trying too hard.

Every time I see dude its like "turn them lights up Hector"

yeah I called you Hector nigga do something, and you black. Gave you a Mexican name, you don't get respect till you earn it. I saw you in that corny ass movie nigga. CLOCK OUT.

Gorillaz

"yall aint shit but trust me I kno the problem and im one of the good ones too"

Every time I see dude its like "turn them lights up Hector"

yeah I called you Hector nigga do something, and you black. Gave you a Mexican name, you don't get respect till you earn it. I saw you in that corny ass movie nigga. CLOCK OUT.
Lmao

BHZ Mayor

It's unrealistic and reads like something that was thrown together in a quick fit of rage. It's real easy to say "risk your livelihood" when you don't have a regular 9 to 5 job and/or you're talking about basketball players worth millions.

Slayven

It's unrealistic and reads like something that was thrown together in a quick fit of rage. It's real easy to say "risk your livelihood" when you don't have a regular 9 to 5 job and/or you're talking about basketball players worth millions.

That is the problem nowdays, people want to go ham and burn shit to the ground. Problem with that is at the end of the day you end up with less than when you started.

So, a lot has happened over the weekend I see. Condolences for those with various family issues.

I beat Mass Effect 3. I can see where the internet rage came from. They did a poor job of communicating how that galactic readiness percentage worked. I didn't know you had to play multiplayer to raise it until I looked it up after I beat the game.

I've played a bit of it and it's pretty fun. Combat is the best thing about the game. It's fast pace and very smooth. I guess I will go raise this readiness percentage then play the last mission again to see if I can get a ending I'm satisfied with.

I want to do a renegade playthrough, but I'm not too sure about it. I would turn up the difficulty, but some of those fight were pretty crazy on normal.Fuck those Banshees

So, a lot has happened over the weekend I see. Condolences for those with various family issues.

I beat Mass Effect 3. I can see where the internet rage came from. They did a poor job of communicating how that galactic readiness percentage worked. I didn't know you had to play multiplayer to raise it until I looked it up after I beat the game.

I've played a bit of it and it's pretty fun. Combat is the best thing about the game. It's fast pace and very smooth. I guess I will go raise this readiness percentage then play the last mission again to see if I can get a ending I'm satisfied with.

I want to do a renegade playthrough, but I'm not too sure about it. I would turn up the difficulty, but some of those fight were pretty crazy on normal.Fuck those Banshees

I have purposely went through every Mass Effect game on hardest difficulty always as the soldier class. Trust me minus the wildly stupid bullet spongeness its actually not that bad. Its almost fun. But the MP is in my opinion the best feature in the game. What system you playing it on?

I woke up roughly 2 hours ago and just realized the first words I uttered were "Fucking Jam!!!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ME3's multiplayer is so good <3 I played the dogshit out of that. Dying for more. Loved all the expansions. One of the best things.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wii U is winning the console war because it is saving this generation from emotional turmoil.

TdrQJ5I.jpg

Slayven

Wii U is winning the console war because it is saving this generation from emotional turmoil.

TdrQJ5I.jpg

"John why did you get our son that L? He will be scared for life."

"They said all the third parties would be there Donna, I don't know, I just don't know."

Silky

Banned
Was your dehumanizing stare game on point?

"It wasn't directed towards me," he said, and even if I wasn't the only dude in the gas station at the time (which I wasn't there were FOUR other black ppl in the gas station) I don't understand why it'd be safe to say that. I told him to fuck off.

"It wasn't directed towards me," he said, and even if I wasn't the only dude in the gas station at the time (which I wasn't there were FOUR other black ppl in the gas station) I don't understand why it'd be safe to say that. I told him to fuck off.

Was he saying it to someone or in general? You know the whole 'ger vs 'gga argument.

Tap into your inner Rio. Pull out the anger of your ancestors. Look at my avatar. Even my cats dehumanize. Do it for us.

But seriously, what kinda cat was it? I know you in Ga. Elaborate if you don't mind.

Kreed

This

Stan Lee has been saying "black panther is coming" for over a decade. He don't know.

Enjoy the 5 min cameo in Cap 3 or Avengers 2/3

First report of Stan Lee mentioning the Black Panther film was two years ago after that quote started circulating from that guy on Marvel's staff who said Wakanda was too complicated to make into a film (mostly to calm down fans). Most reports say the movie wouldn't arrive until Phase III (after Avengers 2), so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Silky

Banned
Was he saying it to someone or in general? You know the whole 'ger vs 'gga argument.

he was talking to some other white guy over the counter. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation up until the guy said "can't blame it on a nigger".

Tap into your inner Rio. Pull out the anger of your ancestors. Look at my avatar. Even my cats dehumanize. Do it for us.

But seriously, what kinda cat was it? I know you in Ga. Elaborate if you don't mind.

some sloppy looking middle aged white trucker dude with a beard.

BHZ Mayor

he was talking to some other white guy over the counter. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation up until the guy said "can't blame it on a nigger".

some sloppy looking middle aged white trucker dude with a beard.

Shoulda hit him with that
image.php

Top Bottom