• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My best language is Java, but I got into a bit of JavaScript lately for an into programming class. I kind of know Python (haven't used it in a while). Technically I haven't even started my CS sequence yet (because of working up to Calc from remedial classes), but I plan on starting this fall.

I want to work on a project(s) this summer and I'm love to get group experience, so if anyone has similar plans I'd be interested. I'm thinking of making a game.
That's awesome, sounds like you are way ahead of me. C++ is my first real language but I know some basics in HTML. I'm interested in learning more in C++ and branching out to other languages like Java but I think career wise I'm headed toward something like Network Architecture.
Mistakes were made this quarter.

I'm taking Advanced C++, a class on Ruby on Rails as well as an online class for C# just for fun since I wanted to give Unity a go at some point. On top of working 40+ hours a week.

Mistakes were made :(
I know that feel. onemic can attest that I had a bunch of moments where I would ask him a question and it'd be something really simple like I didn't use a semi-colon somewhere or I forgot to declare a variable and I had already spent like 3 hours trying to re-write the code in a different way. Programming is still hard as fuck to me but I feel like I am still slowly making progress.
What programmer here whats a program language(s) do you use?
I took a Programming Fundamentals class using C++, and am finishing an Object-Oriented Programming class in the same language tomorrow. I've used Code::Blocks and Visual Studio for most projects. I prefer Visual Studio but Code::Blocks is a really decent alternative if you don't have access to free student software through your university or college.

BHZ Mayor

ioOcsaPwe0OwI.gif

Silky

Banned
Fuck, Checkers is horrible. Went out to do the school thing (I start classes in August finally.). Got me one of these Fry Lover Burgers. jesus it wsa bad

Slayven

that was a brand new out the box shovel goddamn.

I told Devo about dropping her left.

Fuck, Checkers is horrible. Went out to do the school thing (I start classes in August finally.). Got me one of these Fry Lover Burgers. jesus it wsa bad
Checkers is only when you don't have enough to go to a real fast food joint.

Every time I eat chceckers, I feel bad about my life. Like, I fall into an extinstintal crisis and try to think back to where it all went wrong

harSon

Banned
I know that feel. onemic can attest that I had a bunch of moments where I would ask him a question and it'd be something really simple like I didn't use a semi-colon somewhere or I forgot to declare a variable and I had already spent like 3 hours trying to re-write the code in a different way. Programming is still hard as fuck to me but I feel like I am still slowly making progress.

Yeah, I have my ups and downs. I've found that sometimes you just have to get up and walk away if your time table permits it. I've walked away from assignments after hours upon hours of trouble shooting, only to come back to it with a fresh mind the following morning and knock it out 5-10 minutes. Finally working through something and figuring it out is pretty damned rewarding though.

It's weird though, because I had initially tried my hands at programming right out of High School, but for whatever reason, my brain couldn't wrap around the concepts. But right now? 6-7 years later and shit's making sense in a big way most of the time.

Silky

Banned
they lucky the fries alright too. I mean fuck, Five Guys' burgers aren't nothin' to write home about, but it's good enough to compliment the fries.

cdyhybrid

Whoa. I just hit Reply and the page with the posting form switched to the regular white theme instead of the dark theme that I use. GAF pls

Edit: Guess I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I didn't mind programming but I didn't pursue it deeply because I hated the assignments they'd make us do. They were boring as hell.

harSon

Banned
Whoa. I just hit Reply and the page with the posting form switched to the regular white theme instead of the dark theme that I use. GAF pls

Edit: Guess I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I didn't mind programming but I didn't pursue it deeply because I hated the assignments they'd make us do. They were boring as hell.

They're definitely boring as fuck.

That's why I'm taking a class on C# this quarter, so I can try my hands at Unity sometime in the near future.

Checkers is only when you don't have enough to go to a real fast food joint.

Every time I eat chceckers, I feel bad about my life. Like, I fall into an extinstintal crisis and try to think back to where it all went wrong

Yall should go to Rally's instead

it's much better

Top Bottom