• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

harSon

Banned
I understand announcing this before e3, but I never understood announcing potentially sales cannibalizing news a month out from its implementation. Why not a week out? Sony did the same thing with the Vita, but at least they had to clear out inventory.

Kreed

I'm definitely surprised. I didn't think they'd throw away something they put such investment into so early into the generation, because throwing it away is exactly what they just did today. They may as well discontinue the product because it's as good as dead without a 100% attach rate.

They had no choice. They wanted to keep pushing the Kinect but they have to turn things around against Sony. It's a smart business decision but yeah, the Kinect is done now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Especially since the Demon/Dark 1 team have been working on this while "another" team made Dark Souls 2.

brehs.....
Yeah. And bolded is the nice way of putting it.

To be honest I do enjoy Dark Souls 2. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a lot more hopeful about Project Beast already, and we've only seen a handful of blurry screenshots.

harSon

Banned
They had no choice. They wanted to keep pushing the Kinect but they have to turn things around against Sony. It's a smart business decision but yeah, the Kinect is done now.

As others have said, they should have just eaten the cost and did a price drop with the existing SKU. Their removal of Kinect suggests to me that internally, they didn't have shit in the pipeline releasing for Kinect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Join the Bone Brotherhood my friends, because...Dead Rising 3 is legitimately good and worth playing. So don't miss out on that.

As others have said, they should have just eaten the cost and did a price drop with the existing SKU. Their removal of Kinect suggests to me that internally, they didn't have shit in the pipeline releasing for Kinect.

Exactly as it should be. No one really wants Kinect dedicated games. IMO, Kinect Sports Rivals should've been a Kinect/Controller hybrid. They'd gain a lot of post-price cut sales for folk looking for a good party game/kids game with their $399 XONE

Kinect has never and will likely never be a solo gaming experience and this pretty much proves MS has gone back to making controller only games primarily. THANK GAWD

Gorillaz

Yeah. And bolded is the nice way of putting it.

To be honest I do enjoy Dark Souls 2. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a lot more hopeful about Project Beast already, and we've only seen a handful of blurry screenshots.

I still like DS2. I do. But it feels off. Like design wise it doesn't feel like they took as much care as miyazaki did with the first 2. Level design was inconsistent, enemies track harder then the education system, almost all the bosses were humanoid. It just lacked the same feeling as the other games.

The only reason I didn't jump into next gen yet was for the release of DS2 but if this project Beast thing does signal a new era for the Souls series, I might have to just start off with the PS4 and get a X1 down the road.

edit: got that itch to play DS1 all over again

tumblr_inline_moz31fPsIS1qgpdfy.gif
Nahhhh, not yet. There aren't any games that I am interested in at all from that console. Sunset Overdrive looks neat but I'll wait it out.

And, breh, your icon got me in stitches lol

The new sku can only be seen as a good thing imo but I won't be picking one up. I am, however, a single console owner type of person. The only reason I have both the 360 and the PS3 is because I won one of them in a raffle.

The new sku can only be seen as a good thing imo but I won't be picking one up. I am, however, a single console owner type of person. The only reason I have both the 360 and the PS3 is because I won one of them in a raffle.

I honestly couldn't be bothered to keep up with releases and buying games on multiple consoles. After I got the ps3 I pretended the other consoles didn't exist

cdyhybrid

Don't have either of the consoles yet but the new SKU makes the Bone an actual possibility. Previous to that I would have only considered a PS4, but this is good since my friends pretty much all have Bones.

Fucking competition in the marketplace, man.

Finally, Kinect free Xbox One for $399

Now all we need is Halo 2 HD and Battletoads/Double Dragon 2, and we're set

round 2.

let's go!

There should be a lot more Xbox One owners on GAF, considering the amount of times I've seen "I'll buy an Xbox One when they remove Kinect" thrown around :p

I'm a bit disappointed they took the easy way out. I was hoping they'd actually attempt to utilize the damn thing in a meaningful way, and add value by proving its worth in some fashion. By fracturing the userbase, they've effectively killed the device in the eyes of 3rd parties.

On the flip side, maybe Rare won't exclusively be doing Kinect titles moving forward.

I'm definitely surprised. I didn't think they'd throw away something they put such investment into so early into the generation, because throwing it away is exactly what they just did today. They may as well discontinue the product because it's as good as dead without a 100% attach rate.

i was under the impression thats how you deal with Cancer.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nahhhh, not yet. There aren't any games that I am interested in at all from that console. Sunset Overdrive looks neat but I'll wait it out.

And, breh, your icon got me in stitches lol

Pretty much this. Sunset is the only game im interested in at the moment. Lets see what e3 has to offer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck summer 100%

I'm built for comfort, not for sweating

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember back when I used to go to peoples' houses to work on computer hardware or virus removal, many years ago, it was summer and I was in this house with these people who wouldn't turn on the fan, and it was over 105 outside. I sat there and ran a virus scan, sweating buckets, and they ASSSSSKED MEEEEEE if I was hot then did NOTHING about it. I just sat there miserable with a look on my face like
jblE0eYZF9Kqgk_e.jpg

Spinluck

Durant is lucky he doesn't get as much shit as Lebron, not sure how he'd handle it.

Also, on the Xbox One, I'm still gonna hold off. I have a Wii U and PS4, and barely play those, maybe when more games are out. I'm all about that 3DS at the moment, even though I haven't played anything on that in like a week lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
which one of you is the truer sonic fan?

I guess my question is which one of you has either written fanfiction or tried to legit marry Amy Rose?

"Then I fill the tub up halfway then riding with my surfboard
Surfboard, surfboard....Raining on that wood, raining, raining on that wood
I'm swerving on that, swerving, swerving on that big body Benz
Serving all this, swervin, surfing all of this good, good"

Brehs why are 10 year olds singin this shit? popgaf stahp

cdyhybrid

I dread the summer. Im gonna try to hit up the pnw and chill for a week.

It's supposed to hit 80 here today, but I assume that's downright pleasant compared to where you're coming from.

Problem is that most of the buildings here are designed to keep in heat, since it's only warm 3 months out of the year - and that means very few people have A/C.

J10

Banned
Xbox price cut, fantastic new batsuit, white Egyptians gods. Two outta three ain't so bad I guess. Lets hope nothing else happens today.

Hmmmm.

I know I ask this a hell of a lot but what the fuck did I miss? I'm seeing Jay-Z dodging blows from "Fail" Knowles. I saw the vid behind ole Jigga Camel trying the renact an evo moment. Any context?
Looks like the Bone is cheaper? Interest has risen 3%. Now give me something more interesting than DEad Rising 3 and they might get my money. After I get my 4 of course.
And my favorite announcement thus far is that Diablo3 expansion coming to PS3. Thank you thank you. Like XCom I'm fucking double dipping.

Anything else I missed I been sleeping and playing Darksiders. And I hate to admit this since my moniker is synonymous with looking into the void alcoholically, but I'm actually too sick to drink......

giphy.gif

Fucking sucks man.

Top Bottom