• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Wasn't Jamie Foxx supposed to be in that Kane & Lynch film that never surfaced

259165.png

Stealth was a fun movie. It was an american Macross.
Law Abiding Citizen was good until the end. And plus it had the best "app" on a phone ever in a film.
Ray was good. Getting high in the Louisiana State Capitol bathroom is too low. It also gave us the wrist test.
Jamie Foxx is a solid actor. ASM2 is not bad at all and a hell of a lot better then the previous and SpiderMan3 combined.

If anything let's give him shit for Held Up and his simptastic role in the perrinial classic The Players Club.

Stealth was a fun movie. It was an american Macross.
Law Abiding Citizen was good until the end. And plus it had the best "app" on a phone ever in a film.
Ray was good. Getting high in the Louisiana State Capitol bathroom is too low. It also gave us the wrist test.
Jamie Foxx is a solid actor. ASM2 is not bad at all and a hell of a lot better then the previous and SpiderMan3 combined.

If anything let's give him shit for Held Up and his simptastic role in the perrinial classic The Players Club.

Don't forget Bait

Gorillaz

I thought that movie with him and tom cruise was actually pretty good. Especially since that was like one of the few movies Cruise played the villain

Skill comes from the grind in some cases.

But what normally comes is being overleveled or having a piece of equipment far earlier than you should have it.

Too many times I've seen a situation like:

"Dude you're seriously having problems with this boss? It was easy for me. I was only 15-20 levels higher than I should be at this point in the game with the best equipment that had ridiculous requirements to achieve. Not hard at all"

But what normally comes is being overleveled or having a piece of equipment far earlier than you should have it.

Too many times I've seen a situation like:

"Dude you're seriously having problems with this boss? It was easy for me. I was only 15-20 levels higher than I should be at this point in the game with the best equipment that had ridiculous requirements to achieve. Not hard at all"

well of course in that case shit is just all grind.

So Wally West is back in black....i find that simply hilarious

well of course in that case shit is just all grind.

So Wally West is back in black....i find that simply hilarious

I find it hilarious that they are complaining about turning wally black saying they should have made him into a entirely new character. But back when Miles Morales was announced THEY WERE COMPLAINING THEN. Damm if you do, damn if you dont.

ReiGun

Only on the first page, but I can't believe people are so pedantic and offended over that NeoGaf mention. I read the piece and understood immediately that he was just using Gaf as shorthand for "the gaming community online."

I find it hilarious that they are complaining about turning wally black saying they should have made him into a entirely new character. But back when Miles Morales was announced THEY WERE COMPLAINING THEN. Damm if you do, damn if you dont.

It has to be a brand new character with a brand hero identity.

That way, they're easier to ignore.

J10

Banned
Only on the first page, but I can't believe people are so pedantic and offended over that NeoGaf mention. I read the piece and understood immediately that he was just using Gaf as shorthand for "the gaming community online."

Nah, man. He was talking about EvilLore specifically. Read between the lines, man.

The shit people defend on here.

Talking about raping someone at work.

"Just jokes."

The fuck, grow the fuck up and stop being so socially inept.

The shit people defend on here.

Talking about raping someone at work.

"Just jokes."

The fuck, grow the fuck up and stop being so socially inept.

No one thought the comment was appropriate for work but though that the OP overacted. Chill. Anyone saying "Just Jokes" was obviously taken out of context.

No one thought the comment was appropriate for work but though that the OP overacted. Chill. Anyone saying "Just Jokes" was obviously taken out of context.

OP didn't overreact. Does anyone not know how to handle themselves anymore? They think they're edgy? Be edgy among your friends and stfu.

translation: people are arguing just to argue. "We can't argue that the rape-joking guy was wrong, so let's instead spend the next 400 posts arguing whether the OP was right."

Except the rape-joking guy being wrong was the entire point of the discussion in the first place. Whether the OP's response was measured is something nobody can say shit about because they weren't there. He did what he felt needed to be done. The end.

translation: people are arguing just to argue. "We can't argue that the rape-joking guy was wrong, so let's instead spend the next 400 posts arguing whether the OP was right."

Except the rape-joking guy being wrong was the entire point of the discussion in the first place. Whether the OP's response was measured is something nobody can say shit about because they weren't there. He did what he felt needed to be done. The end.

A lot of the OP's details made it seem like he ulterior motives so to me, it just made the situation more petty than actually justified. Like I said, personally dude would have gotten the 9th degree from me and if the dude was nonchalant about it, I'd go to a supervisor or manager or something.

The Joke is honestly a non-factor at this point in the discussion but people keep thinking people are defending the joke for some reason.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I've never ever in my life had a friend joke about raping a girl or anyone for that matter. I'm sorry I don't grasp that humor. It's not even something that comes to mind for a joke...

The way his coworker used it was very much unsettling. Then he got angry for being called out. Dude deserved to be taught a lesson.

There is no humor. There's only fuckery and the kind of people who will defend it or say that those who aren't amused are "overreacting" or "too sensitive."

I've never ever in my life had a friend joke about raping a girl or anyone for that matter. I'm sorry I don't grasp that humor. It's not even something that comes to mind for a joke...

The way his coworker used it was very much unsettling. Then he got angry for being called out. Dude deserved to be taught a lesson.

The closet i heard a friend say something close to that was when female friend walked past us and he was like "hmmm hmmm X is always on point, she just dont know" I didnt take it as a serious rape comment but I can see how others would and act on it. OP in the thread did the right thing, companies have a zero tolerance about stuff like that regarding race, gender, religion, etc etc.

Thats why I think the ones that are saying its just a joke, never had a real job or like devo said are socially inept.

The closet i heard a friend say something close to that was when female friend walked past us and he was like "hmmm hmmm X is always on point, she just dont know" I didnt take it as a serious rape comment but I can see how others would and act on it. OP in the thread did the right thing, companies have a zero tolerance about stuff like that regarding race, gender, religion, etc etc.

Thats why I think the ones that are saying its just a joke, never had a real job or like devo said are socially inept.

No one is really saying that though....

And your friends comment is as far from a rapey joke that you can get. That just goes into "I would have sex with that person if it came down to it" category.

I'm of the opinion anything can be funny. Gay jokes, holocaust jokes, dead baby jokes, rape jokes, etc. Which is not to say EVERYTHING is funny, big difference. Especially with something like comedy, one of the most subjective popular forms of entertainment.

Now why the FUCK you would say that kind of thing in a working environment with a bunch of people who aren't your friends cool with your sense of humor...LOL

Or just keep your stupid ass thoughts about who you want to plow at work to your damnself. The fuck is wrong with people. Always wanting validation for their dumbass thoughts and opinions. No one gives a fuck. Shut the fuck up and do your work.

...then why not just say that instead of dragging rape into it

Well for one, the rape joke wasn't "I'd have sex with this chick." it was "If I was going to rape a chick, it'd be someone like ___, instead of someone less attractive."

Tbh I really don't give a fuck, if the shit happens in your work place handle it. People will do or say stupid shit whether they mean it or not. All up to you how you fuck with their livelihood whether they deserve it or not.

Top Bottom