• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Now I'm intrigued. Let me see.

TQtFg5K.png

Time pls
lmao what the actual fuck?

Something I just thought about reading that old google glasses chick assaulted thread. In the news and in general people have been very sympathetic towards the gentrification going on in San Francisco due to tech workers hiking up the price of everything. But at the exact same time, people are all "that's life" when it comes to the gentrification of black neighborhoods (like that Spike Lee thread).

JohnDoe

Banned
Something I just thought about reading that old google glasses chick assaulted thread. In the news and in general people have been very sympathetic towards the gentrification going on in San Francisco due to tech workers hiking up the price of everything. But at the exact same time, people are all "that's life" when it comes to the gentrification of black neighborhoods (like that Spike Lee thread).

Yeah, the quantum lock in that thread was pretty strong

Slayven

Black people don't deserve police response time or paved streets

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

wait, people were supportive of the san fran residents?

LOL

food is good bruh place is always packed.

By the way

Im cosigning on Because of the Internet

So basically you're thirsty af and you initially went for the food, but after you saw some chick you made this your weekly joint. Hey bruh ain't no shame in it. I use to hit up a Target at least 3 times a week a few years back just to see this girl.

honestly, not even shocked.

Yea shit like that doesn't even register anymore, I already accepted how fucked up people are.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Speaking of spike Lee, I watched bamboozled today. Man that was a tough movie to get threw.

So today is my birthday and I spent the morning in the ER thanks to severe pains in my ovary/appendix area. Thankfully it was neither a cyst nor an inflamed appendix but they really don't know what the fuck that was about. Even my body is a sick twisted asshole and gives me a great birthday present.

Gorillaz

So today is my birthday and I spent the morning in the ER thanks to severe pains in my ovary/appendix area. Thankfully it was neither a cyst nor an inflamed appendix but they really don't know what the fuck that was about. Even my body is a sick twisted asshole and gives me a great birthday present.

Jesus that's rough, happy bday tho. Hopefully it doesn't start up again.

Ironically last year on my birthday I had a cracked tooth that was sensitive (which I didn't realize until it was too late) and caused a migraine the entire day

Happy birthday and glad it wasn't serious.

Slayven

Glad you are ok, check is in the mail

It's a boy! Happy B-day

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Did you like it?

I liked the concept of the movie but the execution had some issues.
I feel like it suffered from bad acting and possibly budget constraints.
The tonal shifts were a bit confusing as well. But I wonder if the confusing emotions the viewer is supposed to feel apart of some inside joke.
With that said I think it's an important piece of underrated art especially considering the time frame of its debut.

Pedo related threads bother me. It's one of the few subjects where suddenly nuance really matters. Yes nuance is important but why so selective about it hmm?

Top Bottom