• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

BHZ Mayor

Happy belated devo... Late birthday wishes seem... appropriate.

Aside: I always hate that stereotype but I tend to be late to non important things.

I'm one of those weird juniors but I'll give it a go:
Where you're from-Philly, jersey
Where you live- atl
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-light skinned... so, no clue
Do you know your roots-gramdmom is from jersey, grandad is from Georgia
Your Age- 35
Your religious affiliation-Christian
Hobbies-running, skiing

Welcome. KFC or Popeyes?

Also, off-topic, and don't take this the wrong way, but I see your Larry David avatar (or any Larry David avatar) and can't help but be reminded of that Folorium Viridium dude. He was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad poster that celebrated studio closures and wished rape on people.

Debo I hope today, your do-over birthday, is better. People are allowed those.

Also C.O.P.S. was the shit.
fueSFwWl.jpg

B.P. Vess tho

So many good cartoons back then...

GrapeApes

Yall dudes ever hear of the NaeNae? My young coworker told me to check it out. Apparently it's a dance young kids be doing. Shit lame as hell but it made me feel old not knowing about it. I guess it's a dance where you do your own shit cept always come back to putting one hand in the air.

Video evidence for those who aint know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG-Uklbqjjc

Yall dudes ever hear of the NaeNae? My young coworker told me to check it out. Apparently it's a dance young kids be doing. Shit lame as hell but it made me feel old not knowing about it. I guess it's a dance where you do your own shit cept always come back to putting one hand in the air.

My daughter keep me up on stuff like this. It's basically young kids mocking the church mothers of old when they used to catch the holy ghost.

That ain't nothin' but the old shufflebug

Good laugh to start work with though lol

Happy belated Devo, hope you get better.

Silverhawks, Street Sharks, C.O.P.S (fighting crime in a future time), Dino Riders, Exosquad, Pirates of Dark Water...if they do the C Tier shows they've got enough summer remake movies to last until 2025 at least. Then they can start over.

Add this to the list

SWAT_Kats_Go_by_Gatekat.jpg

This was my shit

andthebeatgoeson

Welcome. KFC or Popeyes?
Popeyes. Just got down last night. Although I always get side eye from what I order: 3-4 wings, 1-2 biscuits and tea. Why? I don't want the garbage ass sides and the local place puts extra grease on every other piece. Only the wings are barely grease free, which is still greasy.

Also, off-topic, and don't take this the wrong way, but I see your Larry David avatar (or any Larry David avatar) and can't help but be reminded of that Folorium Viridium dude. He was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad poster that celebrated studio closures and wished rape on people.
image.php

I do think some studios deserve what they get but no one should be raped. I think the sooner we get over the double standard of our being okay in prisons, we'll get closer to eliminating rape culture.

andthebeatgoeson

Medical marijuana bill didnt pass but a bill to allow guns in church passes? Keep taking those Ls Georgia
Gotta keep those bodies in those cells and admitting it has a use is a slippery slope. I have to look at what boll they tried to attach to it. That may have been why. It what's the news was reporting last night but I was half asleep.

Imm0rt4l

I have an irrational hate for Triforce. I don't know if it's the dookie braids, his over estimating how smart or business savvy he is, the way he talks or if it's that stupid fucking power glove he wears.

How can anyone take a nigga who changes his first name to Triforce seriously

I have an irrational hate for Triforce. I don't know if it's the dookie braids, his over estimating how smart or business savvy he is, the way he talks or if it's that stupid fucking power glove he wears.

I continue to be shocked that people still give that nigga money, much less the time of day

AfroMW

A man who made sure he was first in line for Nintendo products on release

Imm0rt4l

Just a superfan? That's his claim to fame? I can't brehs.

He is founder of empire arcadia some sort of 'development organization' for competitive gamers. No one knows what the empire actually is as it's mission statement is this nebulous sort of sponsor for players. But the organization doesn't actually have money to sponsor players, they house some top players in the east coast fighting game community and take a cut of the players already meager winnings. It's a mess of a 'company' with no real aim. He happens to be a really big Nintendo fanboy and wears a powerglove and a hoodie to evenets because he thinks it looks cool, but he thinks he can convey this sort of tough guy act. He often goes off on these stupid diatribe on twitch where he talks about being a real nigga , fighting games, esports and a plethora of other shit he has no real right to talk about.

ReiGun

Just a superfan? That's his claim to fame? I can't brehs.

He's also the head of Empire Arcadia, a competitive gaming...thing. I don't know if you could call it a team nowadays. But yeah, he was basically managing a bunch of gamers for a long while...until they started to wise up and find sponsors within actual organizations.

Edit: Beaten. So what Immort4l said.

He is founder of empire arcadia some sort of 'development organization' for competitive gamers. No one knows what the empire actually is as it's mission statement is this nebulous sort of sponsor for players. But the organization doesn't actually have money to sponsor players, they house some top players in the east coast fighting game community and take a cut of the players already meager winnings. It's a mess of a 'company' with no real aim. He happens to be a really big Nintendo fanboy and wears a powerglove and a hoodie to evenets because he thinks it looks cool, but he thinks he can convey this sort of tough guy act.

Sounds like a ripoff for gamers who are just that damn lazy about getting themselves a bnb room or something of the like.

He is a dirty motherfucker is all. But that's the thing about that FGC the assholes are hella vocal then the cats trying to make it reputable. I always envisioned some one just making an example of these cats and shutting them the fuck down personally.

akira28

I don't think the point is to take him seriously. And LOL if anyone gets into a business relationship and takes him on as their manager. But as an interesting character in the global gaming community, it's not the worst thing in the world. Fighting game rosters have all types.

Videogame b-boys. If he was in KOF, he'd be with the guy with the claws and that dude with the ball and chain. Team Shady.

edit: I guess hype-man would be more appropriate than b-boy.

He is a dirty motherfucker is all. But that's the thing about that FGC the assholes are hella vocal then the cats trying to make it reputable. I always envisioned some one just making an example of these cats and shutting them the fuck down personally.

The vocal shitbirds want their cake and to eat it too. Wont work that way. And what's their old era anyway other than being assholes to anyone different from themselves?

The bulletproof glass Jack In The Box just got a bit more ratchet.... they turn the soda machine off to make sure people who ask for water cups can't steal those few cents from them.

So yeah. Got my hands on Witch and the Hundred Knight early, and loving it. Also FFXHD brings back solid ass memories. That opening is still solid. And Deception 4 next week can't wait.

Top Bottom