• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

It's a launch 60gig.

Not sure if I should replace it. PS+ is a steady stream of free games and I still have Infamous 2 to beat but I need to migrate all the stuff from my harddrive...not even sure how that process works.

Fuck me.
Stage it like a suicide, you don't need that third strike in Cali

Damn that sucks Moris, my launch 20GB is still going *knocks on wood*.

Tangent: Man this Christina Milian song “Video Model” is kind of dope. Lil Wayne ruins it a bit though.

What?

LA Times said:
"The Boondocks," the edgy animated series based on Aaron McGruder's comic strip about 10-year-old black militant Huey Freeman and his gangsta-wanna-be younger brother Riley living in the suburbs with their grandfather, is returning April 21 for a fourth and final season on Adult Swim.

However, there's a catch. McGruder, who created the series and was its key creative force, is not along for the ride.

A press release from Sony Pictures Television, which produces the series, noted that the new season "was produced without the involvement of Aaron McGruder, when a mutually agreeable production schedule could not be determined."

Representatives for McGruder could not be reached for comment.

The announcement comes as a surprise: Since launching the strip in 1999, McGruder, who is developing a live-action comedy "Black Jesus" for Adult Swim, has been extremely protective of the property and the Boondocks characters.

The Peabody Award-winning series has been a hot button for Adult Swim since its premiere. The Rev. Al Sharpton and others lashed out at the relentless use of the "N-word" in episodes.

McGruder has taken on several iconic African American figures in the show and angered Tyler Perry when he made fun of the filmmaker in an episode that portrayed a Perry-like figure as a closeted cross-dresser who used religion to hide his lifestyle.

The series last aired in 2010.

Returning to the new season as the voices of Huey and Riley is Regina King, and John Witherspoon is returning as the voice of Robert "Granddad" Freeman.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...gruder-20140321,0,2445622.story#ixzz2we0PZ8Cy

Gorillaz

my ps3 is on the line as well. It was one of the first slim ones back in 09

Been playing alot of Dark Souls 2 and it's scaring me. It would feel very meta if the system broke down before I beat it

From what I understood, he wasn't that involved with season 3. Like the back half of the season he didn't do too much.

FyreWulff

I imagine he had to sign off on that so it's just like Matt Groening and the Simpsons, he isn't directly involved but he's still going to cash the checks

BHZ Mayor

Welp "Monica" has made it to gaming side. Wrap it up folks.

LnhYFvk.gif

That was probably one of the worse threads I've seen. That was pretty bad, even for GAF.

...It's either that or I haven't read a rape thread in a while.

The latter. They're always terrible. More people just waltzed into this one than normal to catch a glimpse of the stupid.

Top Bottom