• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

FyreWulff

You would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Some people tried to float the idea that it was salt over the Wii U faceplanting. When you have people quoting 24 hours of sales as evidence the consoles are going to the moon again, you realize how the banks crashed in 2008.

RedSwirl

all this wii u slander

iLImZdvwGHNw8.gif

Look man Imma still get one. In fact I'm probably more likely to get one than I am a PS4 because it has more games I give a shit about that aren't on PC, but that's coming from a guy who only owned an N64 from 1996 to 2000, and only owned a Gamecube from 2001 to 2005. There are levels of survival I am prepared to accept without illusions.

So I got the night off from work. First Saturday in god knows how long. How do I celebrate it? Taking my lady to a party. On my grown folks shit. My boy tells me its black, white, or silver only. Semi formal(no jeans or sneakers) I'm like aight I got this. So I wake up, my lady got her nails did looking fantastic. I'm like I gotta buy a whole new fit. So I get gas she gets dressed in this nice black pantsuit type ensemble. And me I'm like fuck it. I go to this spot called Citi Trends. Nice clothes my size type shit. Roll in there and the first thing I see is a t shirt with an anime style bus driver with the caption "You going to jail Now" bout to give an uppercut. So I snatch up this black shirt. Bam. First thing down. Next up is pants and an earring. Go snatch up a pair of dickies slacks from wally world. Snatch them up realize I forgot my watch at home. Go home get my watch, change clot.....

Tell me why the fuck I bought pants 10 goddamn inches too small. So we had to improvise. But before we leave i asked my lady if she got a stud i can wear. She pulls out this diamond as big ad my pinky nail. Im like cool. Go to put it in. Guess whose fucking ear hole has closed. So basically i let her stab me in the goddamn ear for bout five minutes to open the hole. Shes laughing im grimacing. After that ordeal on to the next.We roll up to the next town where the party is roll up into the wally world there. Pants check. I roll up to a Popeye's and get us a small appetizer since by that time we haven't eaten. I roll into the Popeye's restroom and get changed. Come out looking sharp as fuck. Look down at the time we an hour and a half late. We ride passed the joint twice. Finally found it and roll inside.

Tell me why I'm the only dumb sonofabitch without a suit and tie on. As we proceed further shit turned into a tupac track. All eyes on me. But not because I'm underdressed but because on my arm is the only white person in the joint. Fuck it. The dehumanizing was strong but my lady has developed a resistance. We make are way over to the open bar. Triple shot crown please. My girl gets some pink lemonade and 151. We scanning the crowd. Come to find out my boy ain't there. He left to handle something......

10 minutes later we back on the road headed to an IHOP, So we ended our not clowning on these rednecks and eating banana strawberry cheesecake.

After all this I need a damn drink.
hL0wClM.jpg

Ohzg1v0.jpg

Witnessed part of a rejection meltdown.

Heard yelling like "BITCH...BITCH..."

Went downstairs looked out "I DONT CARE WHO YOUR BOYFRIEND IS I'LL FIGHT HIM BITCH."

"BITCH. BITCH. BITCH." Was mostly all I could make out.

Walked off eventually but damn.

Witnessed part of a rejection meltdown.

Heard yelling like "BITCH...BITCH..."

Went downstairs looked out "I DONT CARE WHO YOUR BOYFRIEND IS I'LL FIGHT HIM BITCH."

"BITCH. BITCH. BITCH." Was mostly all I could make out.

Walked off eventually but damn.

that's what Chris Brown fans call a keeper

Market contraction still happening, just as foretold

You would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Not so much, but we can pretend. A lot of different convos had this week about this, but its beyond the 24 hours of sales numbers. The Wii audience is gone, but that's not who the bread and butter is anyway.

Tell me why the fuck I bought pants 10 goddamn inches too small.

Um...

lol I was at Dave n Buster's prize corner today. The Wii U prize was 25% less tickets. Like, they put a green sticker that had "new low cost -25% less tickets!

Ice cold.
In other news, Infamous is the shit. The combat and visuals are ridiculous.

FyreWulff

Not so much, but we can pretend. A lot of different convos had this week about this, but its beyond the 24 hours of sales numbers. The Wii audience is gone, but that's not who the bread and butter is anyway.

The Wii audience moved on to mobile. They're barely paying for games over there. Mobile is like pulling the slot machine handle and hoping you win big. It's an entirely whale-based business, getting creepily close to gambling, and most of those games will probably end up being regulated under gambling after not too long.

First party is to blame for shit policies and/or poor decisions. Or poor marketing. Third parties are culpable for showing up to a new generation with sequels from the last generation. Only Ubisoft really tried with Zombi U, everyone else showed up on the Wii U, One, and PS4 with ports or sequels, including first party. Which is the stupidest thing to do, the first year of a new console is when you can literally release anything and it'll sell, so it's the best time to try new ideas.

People don't want to play what they can play now, they want to play the future. The last gen in 60fps or 1080p ain't gonna cut it. Third parties backing off a console because it doesn't sell kerjillions off the bat and cutting off their own arm to make their nose happier has shrunk the market. Coming out hard with sequels and ports will make it harder to sell new IP, meaning sequel fatigue will set in quite fast this generation. Nintendo doesn't know how to sell the Wii U to people, Microsoft doesn't know what to do when they don't control the vertical stack of an industry, and Sony is hoping people keep noting their position and not their sales totals going forward. We are not having a 260 million install base again this generation, there's no fucking way.

I mean look at this:

Wii U Launch: Mario sequel, Mass Effect port from EA, Call of Duty sequel and port from Activision, Ubi shows up with Zombi U
One launch: Forza sequel, Battlefield sequel and port, Call of Duty sequel and port, AssCreed sequel and port, Square spitshines Tomb Raider and re-releases it
PS4 launch: Killzone sequel, Battlefield sequel and port, Call of Duty sequel and port, AssCreed sequel and port, Square spitshines Tomb Raider and re-releases it

Kreed

The Wii audience moved on to mobile. They're barely paying for games over there. Mobile is like pulling the slot machine handle and hoping you win big. It's an entirely whale-based business, getting creepily close to gambling, and most of those games will probably end up being regulated under gambling after not too long.

I can't see that happening. Besides a lot of these games being overseas based, it's way too slippery of a slope, especially considering these pay models extend beyond mobile gaming.

So I got the night off from work. First Saturday in god knows how long. How do I celebrate it? Taking my lady to a party. On my grown folks shit. My boy tells me its black, white, or silver only. Semi formal(no jeans or sneakers) I'm like aight I got this. So I wake up, my lady got her nails did looking fantastic. I'm like I gotta buy a whole new fit. So I get gas she gets dressed in this nice black pantsuit type ensemble. And me I'm like fuck it. I go to this spot called Citi Trends. Nice clothes my size type shit. Roll in there and the first thing I see is a t shirt with an anime style bus driver with the caption "You going to jail Now" bout to give an uppercut. So I snatch up this black shirt. Bam. First thing down. Next up is pants and an earring. Go snatch up a pair of dickies slacks from wally world. Snatch them up realize I forgot my watch at home. Go home get my watch, change clot.....

Tell me why the fuck I bought pants 10 goddamn inches too small. So we had to improvise. But before we leave i asked my lady if she got a stud i can wear. She pulls out this diamond as big ad my pinky nail. Im like cool. Go to put it in. Guess whose fucking ear hole has closed. So basically i let her stab me in the goddamn ear for bout five minutes to open the hole. Shes laughing im grimacing. After that ordeal on to the next.We roll up to the next town where the party is roll up into the wally world there. Pants check. I roll up to a Popeye's and get us a small appetizer since by that time we haven't eaten. I roll into the Popeye's restroom and get changed. Come out looking sharp as fuck. Look down at the time we an hour and a half late. We ride passed the joint twice. Finally found it and roll inside.

Tell me why I'm the only dumb sonofabitch without a suit and tie on. As we proceed further shit turned into a tupac track. All eyes on me. But not because I'm underdressed but because on my arm is the only white person in the joint. Fuck it. The dehumanizing was strong but my lady has developed a resistance. We make are way over to the open bar. Triple shot crown please. My girl gets some pink lemonade and 151. We scanning the crowd. Come to find out my boy ain't there. He left to handle something......

10 minutes later we back on the road headed to an IHOP, So we ended our not clowning on these rednecks and eating banana strawberry cheesecake.

After all this I need a damn drink.
hL0wClM.jpg

Ohzg1v0.jpg

You did good man, but damn it that sounds like a setup

Mr. Patch

Some people tried to float the idea that it was salt over the Wii U faceplanting. When you have people quoting 24 hours of sales as evidence the consoles are going to the moon again, you realize how the banks crashed in 2008.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't a lot of the market expansion last gen BECAUSE of the Wii/Nintendo? Now a massive chunk of that audience is gone, isn't it?

andthebeatgoeson

First party is to blame for shit policies and/or poor decisions. Or poor marketing. Third parties are culpable for showing up to a new generation with sequels from the last generation. Only Ubisoft really tried with Zombi U, everyone else showed up on the Wii U, One, and PS4 with ports or sequels, including first party. Which is the stupidest thing to do, the first year of a new console is when you can literally release anything and it'll sell, so it's the best time to try new ideas.

People don't want to play what they can play now, they want to play the future. The last gen in 60fps or 1080p ain't gonna cut it. Third parties backing off a console because it doesn't sell kerjillions off the bat and cutting off their own arm to make their nose happier has shrunk the market. Coming out hard with sequels and ports will make it harder to sell new IP, meaning sequel fatigue will set in quite fast this generation. Nintendo doesn't know how to sell the Wii U to people, Microsoft doesn't know what to do when they don't control the vertical stack of an industry, and Sony is hoping people keep noting their position and not their sales totals going forward. We are not having a 260 million install base again this generation, there's no fucking way.

I mean look at this:

Wii U Launch: Mario sequel, Mass Effect port from EA, Call of Duty sequel and port from Activision, Ubi shows up with Zombi U
One launch: Forza sequel, Battlefield sequel and port, Call of Duty sequel and port, AssCreed sequel and port, Square spitshines Tomb Raider and re-releases it
PS4 launch: Killzone sequel, Battlefield sequel and port, Call of Duty sequel and port, AssCreed sequel and port, Square spitshines Tomb Raider and re-releases it
Good points.

Only positive in the non PC/non mobile world of gaming is PS4 hardware sales and maybe 3ds (as long as the 'positive' standard is not DS or bust). Worrying on all levels. The mobile business doesn't inspire since at least half, if not more, of all games are tied to play to win. For the vitriol waggle received, we should be equally enraged at mobile. It's just shovel ware without the AAA games.

Kreed

Good points.

Only positive in the non PC/non mobile world of gaming is PS4 hardware sales and maybe 3ds (as long as the 'positive' standard is not DS or bust). Worrying on all levels. The mobile business doesn't inspire since at least half, if not more, of all games are tied to play to win. For the vitriol waggle received, we should be equally enraged at mobile. It's just shovel ware without the AAA games.

The difference between "waggle" and mobile is that mobile phones =/= consoles. So many of the things that make mobile gaming work have not and will not ever translate over to console gaming, not only because of the hardware but because of the audience. With mobile phones you have people who are not interested in playing games who buy apps just to kill time. When you buy a console, you want to play games, and you want to play games that are worth your time and money. A game like Flappy Bird would never work or be successful on the PS4. Hell, just look at all the heat a game like Ground Zeroes got for being way too short. On a mobile phone, the game would fit right at home.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
As in spray with water for a way to teach them what to and not to do?

I've heard of it, don't have a dog myself but it's a "common" technique for some people.

Its hilariously stupid. If your dog doesn't respect your voice, then you can't control it. Saying "no" two dozen times then leaving to get a squirt bottle is pretty much admitting to never considering the idea that your dog may be harmed or could possibly harm someone else.

I mean look at this:

All of those games outsold their WiiU counterparts, and a big part of that was better graphics and online. Most successful new IP actually comes about a year in, so that's a moot point. You have when it's ready, and that's it. If it's good and marketed, it will resonate.

I don't expect growth, but just looking at who bought what games and the big hitters, the PS360 crowd isn't going anywhere, and given how expensive they still are, I expect more people to move on in a year or two.

Will we get 260M consoles again? Not sure. I expect something in the 200M range when it's all said and done, but if something like VR takes off, you never know. It's too early to say we'll never hit that number 4 months into record breaking sales.

About regulation and gambling, not so much, that's the last thing anyone should really want.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Its hilariously stupid. If your dog doesn't respect your voice, then you can't control it. Saying "no" two dozen times then leaving to get a squirt bottle is pretty much admitting to never considering the idea that your dog may be harmed or could possibly harm someone else.

isn't the point of the squirt bottle to get them to respect your voice by associating a punishment with the vocal command?

I don't really understand your problem with it as a tool for training.

RedSwirl

The difference between "waggle" and mobile is that mobile phones =/= consoles. So many of the things that make mobile gaming work have not and will not ever translate over to console gaming, not only because of the hardware but because of the audience. With mobile phones you have people who are not interested in playing games who buy apps just to kill time. When you buy a console, you want to play games, and you want to play games that are worth your time and money. A game like Flappy Bird would never work or be successful on the PS4. Hell, just look at all the heat a game like Ground Zeroes got for being way too short. On a mobile phone, the game would fit right at home.

Flappy Bird works because it's on your phone -- the device you have with you all the time anyway. All that shit doesn't really work on dedicated gaming devices.

I keep waiting for Apple to one day drop that Apple TV that has the full app store on it, thus launching the market for general-purpose TV media boxes which I think actually could be a threat to consoles if they got popular. At the very least it could suck the remaining mass audience away from Sony and Microsoft.

Even if that doesn't happen this could be the first console generation to see a market contraction compared to the previous one.

Flappy Bird works because it's on your phone -- the device you have with you all the time anyway. All that shit doesn't really work on dedicated gaming devices.

I keep waiting for Apple to one day drop that Apple TV that has the full app store on it, thus launching the market for general-purpose TV media boxes which I think actually could be a threat to consoles if they got popular. At the very least it could suck the remaining mass audience away from Sony and Microsoft.

Even if that doesn't happen this could be the first console generation to see a market contraction compared to the previous one.

Would depend on support. Nova is a poor substitute for Halo. Maybe a few casual titles, but it would still have a long way to go for mid/hardcore audience from games/online, etc.

And I'm not really sure if I'd want that in my TV--my Panny has a lot of features right now that are barely used. I'm excited for Apple TV, but that's not really the reason.

Going to be interesting though. Amazon, Apple, Google all with similar devices.

Dencia: "White means pure"
http://youtu.be/lTuZXJBg420

shaq-cmon-son.jpg

I don't know if any of you guys checked out that latest Kuroko No Basuke episode..

KAGAMI DUNKED FROM THE FREE THROW LINE ON THAT NIGGA DAMN

Kreed

Apple would have to make the Apple TV work with what's already existing on the mobile market similar to the way the iPad and the iPhone share existing apps, in order to convince developers to make their apps work with all three, which would be difficult unless it came with an apple touch screen device/accessory.

But when you look at devices like Google Chromecast which communicate with your phone and computer, Apple would probably be better served to jump in that lane instead, with much stronger support for their device out the gate vs Google's entry.

I can't see Apple stealing PS4/Xbox One gamers though, even the casual ones, at least not until mass market phone tech is up to PS Vita level and the apps follow suit. Unlike the Wii, no one is buying the PS4/Xbox One for one party game and then putting it in the closet to collect dust.

RedSwirl

Apple would have to make the Apple TV work with what's already existing on the mobile market similar to the way the iPad and the iPhone share existing apps, in order to convince developers to make their apps work with all three, which would be difficult unless it came with an apple touch screen device/accessory.

But when you look at devices like Google Chromecast which communicate with your phone and computer, Apple would probably be better served to jump in that lane instead, with much stronger support for their device out the gate vs Google's entry.

I can't see Apple stealing PS4/Xbox One gamers though, even the casual ones, at least not until mass market phone tech is up to PS Vita level and the apps follow suit. Unlike the Wii, no one is buying the PS4/Xbox One for one party game and then putting it in the closet to collect dust.

We'll see.

I think the kinds of games developed for a mass market TV box would change from what you're getting on mobile now, but that's just me.

Kreed

We'll see.

I think the kinds of games developed for a mass market TV box would change from what you're getting on mobile now, but that's just me.

This would be ideal IMO, but just like a console, you have to convince developers to develop for your platform. I think it would be easier for Apple to convince developers to develop on it if they could easily convert their current mobile apps over to the platform. Then developers could choose to make versions of their app specific for the device and/or make apps for Apple TV only as the adoption rate increases. Out the gate, if the Apple TV is too different and the mobile apps can't convert over, it would be difficult to get many developers to jump over outside of the ones Apple convinces to develop for it.

Furyous

Dencia: "White means pure"
http://youtu.be/lTuZXJBg420

Is she a wack fake Nicki Minaj with bigger baby feeders? Her conditioning is on point. Did black twitter see this yet?

The PS4 had the most successful launch in console history so contract D. The PS3 launch was abysmal. I paid $742 in 2014 USD for the system so I have a right to complain.

The Wii U is done. Devs barely support it. EA won't recognize it. It's the Tim Tebow of consoles. It had a run, won some games, got some endorsements, smanged a few groupies allegedly.... and is out of the discussion in two years.

After consulting my sources on this Lisa Ann person, I now realize I missed out. She came up didn't she. She's only 5'4 too.

Top Bottom