• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to talk about an important issue guys.

Some black high school girl took a picture with the hashtags romney2016 conservative and some other stuff while wearing duck boots and a yale hoodie.

She blocked me from her page after I said she looked like Sho'nuff from The Last Dragon.

lJ9FOmM.gif

Infinite

We need to talk about an important issue guys.

Some black high school girl took a picture with the hashtags romney2016 conservative and some other stuff while wearing duck boots and a yale hoodie.
Yeah like who cares? That's not even racism at all but gaf isn't ready for that discussion

Gorillaz

I kind of don't know how I feel about the how Giantbomb new hire thing. On the one note, people there like Patrick keep pushing diversity in the industry and end up doing the opposite in their own business lol but on the other, I don't want them to hire a token dude/chick that won't even click with them just because they felt like they had to have a quota.

That thread is a mess tho

I kind of don't know how I feel about the how Giantbomb new hire thing. On the one note, people there like Patrick keep pushing diversity in the industry and end up doing the opposite in their own business lol but on the other, I don't want them to hire a token dude/chick that won't even click with them just because they felt like they had to have a quota.

That thread is a mess tho

Everything in this post.

Was she wearing whiteface? If not...kermittea.gif
lmao.

Yeah like who cares? That's not even racism at all but gaf isn't ready for that discussion

For real, but still I fight.

Was she holding a binder full of selfies?

Romney is never going to live that shit down huh?

Lot of white people in Egypt....................Ridley Scott SMH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847607

Yea...nah I'll pass on this.

Silky

Banned
I wrote a thing about the stupid Giant Bomb thing going on. rereading it and as soon as I post my thing, the thread closed by EmCee. Guess they're gonna clean it out.

probably just paranoia going off right now. That, and losing $30 to someone on the internet has been makin' me go nuts ;~;

Damn @ EmCee's last post in that Giant Bomb thread

I shouldn't be surprised considering the shit that gets in other threads but seeing is summarized like that will hopefully put things in perspective for posters.

I don't really expect people on the internet to learn from things. Especially here lol

Gattsu25

Banned
Just so you know, Silky, here is how hiring works in the jobs that I've had:

• They already know who they want to hire
  • The send out the job description
  • They interview a few people
  • They interview the person they wanted in the first place
  • That person always gets the job

I've never been involved in the hiring process (from the employer's side) but if I was I would purposefully break out of that.

For an industry like mine, that still results in diversity in the workplace but for an industry that is already so single-demographic dominated that can be a suffocating diversity stifling process.

royalan

This is such a mean thread

Question, and not a stealth criticism but a genuine question.

Why does Giant Bomb have an official GAF OT? In fact, a lot of the things that site does seems to get promoted on GAF. Is there some connection I'm not aware of?

And let me catch up on this controversy.

Gattsu25

Banned
Gamers latch on to personalities in the gaming media.

NeoGAF is a web-based gaming discussion forum on the internets.

Giant Bomb is an almost exclusively personality driven games website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom