• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i gather, GB aren't particularly hard on championing diversity. With the exception of Patrick. And his recent blog post about expanding potential guests for their podcasts/live shows/panels, etc was probably bad timing in the face of the new hires.

There was already an undercurrent of sentiment. GB just happen to be the ones bearing the cross right now.

Championing no, but they are aware of the issues, they bring them up from time to time on various shows and podcast. Which explains why people were expecting something more when they said they were hiring. Not realizing that the new hires were probably in the works for months and the reason it was announced was for HR reasons.

Eh, let's be realistic. None of us have gone through slavery, nor have our parents, grandparents, or great grandparents. It should also be obvious that slavery was SO bad and went on for SO long that unless you're talking the total extermination of native Americans there is no comparison and it's insulting to try. And yes, I include the holocaust in with that. Don't even make the attempt.

I don't think anyone is saying what gays are going through is " just like slavery " because that's so far out there it isn't plausible. Now, if youre explicitly talking the endless effort for equality? Being denied basic rights? Lampooned as a joke , or beaten in the street for being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Not being able to marry who you want because someone might get offended? Being denied jobs or housing based on what you are?

Yeah, there's some parallels there. Getting into a Dick measuring contest over who had it worse isn't productive, but my personal feeling is that when fighting for equality that means everybody, whether you agree personally or not, and I know I'm not the only guy here that's heard that gay rights is "different" or gotten the "jesus said so" excuse to turn a blind eye here.

you're wrong. I was born when my father was in his 50's and he was born when his father was even older. My great-grandfather was born a slave.

Gattsu25

Banned
Going back to those tumblr posts...

I really enjoyed this one.
enhanced-8041-1404004503-6.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm an admin, I can post in locked threads. Get your timeline right.

Little ticked I had to spend my Canada Day evening cleaning up that nonsense.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's ok. Much better wings (and service for that matter) out there bro. Lots of white people swear by it though, until you show them a local family owned place.

DominoKid

the only BWW food i like is the Pulled Pork Burger
YlVGJ.png
and some of their Shareables.

their wings and beer are overpriced and the wings are terrible. if they improved that i'd probably be in there every weekend.

the only BWW food i like is the Pulled Pork Burger
YlVGJ.png
and some of their Shareables.

their wings and beer are overpriced and the wings are terrible. if they improved that i'd probably be in there every weekend.

Yeah, it was mostly just a place to drink and watch games. And we knew some of the people in the kitchen, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom