• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I'm the type of person who can't play a single player experience more than once, so remasters aren't exactly all that appealing to me. If it were a remaster of something from over a generation ago, then maybe you'd have my attention, but a remaster of something I beat less than a year ago? Eh...

Shitting on people who don't want to buy the game before seeing gameplay of the remaster is fucking pathetic regardless of how good someone thinks the game is.

well, when you roll into the remaster thread with lines like

Why is there always a crazy defense force for this game?

and

Nice way to be an jerk. Some people are not fanboys and want to know if the game is actually worth rebuying for the upgrades. A nice indication of those upgrades being worth it would to actually see gameplay of the game. Quit being an asshat to people are aren't blindly buying the game because of it's enormously obnoxious vocal fanbase who must defend the game at every turn.

you open yourself up to it. Way, way too hostile. They're just games.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
^^^Don't get it twisted I didn't jump down anyone's throat until they started talking shit. Didn't make that post until they started talking shit, and I'm gone and they continued to talk. Lol I'm fine, Getting ready to get drunk in a bit and eat some tri tip

This doesn't really sound like something that's exclusive to the TLOU fanbase to call them out on.
It's not but I don't like them in general because they're so vocal and the fact that I had to hop out of a circle jerk thread where they were fucking with people because they didn't want to spend money on a remaster they haven't seen yet. That's basically the point of a remaster, visual and gameplay improvements.

It's not but I don't like them in general because they're so vocal and the fact that I had to hop out of a circle jerk thread where they were fucking with people because they didn't want to spend money on a remaster they haven't seen yet. That's basically the point of a remaster, visual and gameplay improvements.

you think they just MIGHT have caught wind of this with your attitude, and that's why you got shit on?

I'm the type of person who can't play a single player experience more than once, so remasters aren't exactly all that appealing to me. If it were a remaster of something from over a generation ago, then maybe you'd have my attention, but a remaster of something I beat less than a year ago? Eh...

I'm in the same boat you are. Loved the experience but it's unlikely I'd play through it again. too much on my plate and I hate, hate, hate multiplayer. The PS3 didn't really sell that well in the states though and the PS4 *is*, so there's a decent amount of people that will get a shot to play the game that won''t pick up a PS3 this late in the game. I'm fine with the concept, but not for me at the moment.

Slayven

Opie and Anthony are both old, out of touch shock jocks. Dinosaurs of an old era. Only time their show was funny was solely because their guest was funny (Patrice, Louie, Burr). Norton can be funny at times, but he's a giant idiot. Even Patrice had his disgusting sexist/homophobic moments.
I use to listen to radio shows alot, but they got annoyingly out of touch.

To me she's just a cute white girl in a plaid shirt.
I say that all the time about Devo

And what's sad is if he had kept this tirade on his show, no one would have cared since no one listens. Instead he took it to twitter and got what he deserved, for being a jackass and for thinking in 2014 that you can work for an employer and say what ever the hell you want on social media.
Twitter kills careers like Jandro kills KFC 2 pieces.

Nakazato

I'm hype for the remaster since I didn't play it on ps3 past the 1st hour of the game.

But I agree with harSon after I beat a single player game I'm done

Gorillaz

I liked the TLOU, i'm just not rushing to drop the 50-60 for it right now. It is definitely has more replay value then the Uncharted series and the MP is pretty fun, but I can wait to get it again. Same for GTA5 in a way

TLOU remaster is worth it for the MP alone, which will be one of the best MP shooter experiences on the PS4 when it releases (barring any weird bugs). The price point is the only thing that is questionable imo. Even if it includes all the DLC, $50 is high for a double dip I think.

ReiGun

BrtsH0gCMAA3W3y.jpg:small

...I'm still gon' grill this burger, tho.

harSon

Banned
I'm hype for the remaster since I didn't play it on ps3 past the 1st hour of the game.

But I agree with harSon after I beat a single player game I'm done

The only time I'll replay a game's campaign, is if I re-beat it in co-op. Otherwise, it's a no go.

I wish I had known they were going to remaster games like TLOU and GTA5... I bought both on the cheap on Black Friday. Had I known the industry would start remaking games after releasing them a year ago, I would have waited :/

Edit:

Are ya'll BBQing? I got Tri Tip going on the coal grill as we speak.

hypernima

Banned

BHZ Mayor

Manmademan must have missed the Uncharted 3 review thread, the Boston map, the Ellen Page looking like Ellie thread, and the various GOTY threads that went to shit whenever someone gave it to something other than TLoU. EloquentM is more than justified in his dislike of the fanbase.

The only time I'll replay a game's campaign, is if I re-beat it in co-op. Otherwise, it's a no go.

I wish I had known they were going to remaster games like TLOU and GTA5... I bought both on the cheap on Black Friday. Had I known the industry would start remaking games after releasing them a year ago, I would have waited :/

Edit:

Are ya'll BBQing? I got Tri Tip going on the coal grill as we speak.

You know damn well that only West Coasters fuck with Tri-Tip. The east and south Gaffers will be BBQing pork and brisket.

grilled some mean ass burgers, put the cheese and the bacon inside them mothafuckas. And this apple pie this ol black lady in the neighborhood baked for us...good lord its the greatest apple pie I've ever had in my life.

Young Magus

I want to retract my previous statement about all NYC current dudes being soft. The non gentrified parts apparently hold it down based on this video:

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/rando...es-cell-phones-out-of-their-hands-as-a-prank/

WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?!?!?!

WHY......THE.....HELL.....WOULD....ANYONE....DO..THIS?!?!?!

DO THEY NOT KNOW NOT TO FUCK WITH ANOTHER MANS PERSONAL ITEM?!

I WANT SEE THEM DO THIS SHIT IN CRENSHAW!
Kinda nice for the onlookers to check up on the dude after the takedown tho.

RedSwirl

For some reason I'm "eh" on TLOU. Part of me thinks ND on PS3 peaked with Uncharted 2, but I think it's really just that TLOU didn't surprise me at all.

KumaJG

I honestly think that dude was trolling in TLOU thread. He could of easily watch TLOU ps3 gameplay to get a feel for the game.

J10

Banned
I wish people knew there is more to rapping than putting similar sounding words at the end of adjacent sentences. They just let anybody do this shit.

Lee Daniels puts all the STRUGGLE in his movies. How can you go from picking cotton to the black panthers?

More than half the movie will be about heart attacks and setting himself on fire about getting high on cocaine

the other half will be the racism and adversity he faced by everyone...

the other other half will be getting beat down by KKK members led by Ronald Reagan

Slayven

More than half the movie will be about heart attacks and setting himself on fire about getting high on cocaine

the other half will be the racism and adversity he faced by everyone...

the other other half will be getting beat down by KKK members led by Ronald Reagan

Gene Wilder will look at Richard and say "I never knew you people had it so hard".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom