• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
eat the good fuckin food and go on

all holidays are founded in dumb shit

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I've never really celebrated July 4th as a patriotic Holiday so much as I have a commercial one.

So it's hard for me to really get behind this cause. I mean I can sympathize with people that feel that way, but personally I just don't really think it's that important because I don't really have any strong feelings towards the holiday to begin with.

Like Christmas and Thanksgiving it's just another annual mandatory "fun" type of Holiday.

Mr. Patch

Did anyone ever make a topic about that study comparing employment opportunities for black/white people at every educational level?

Thinking about making it...

harSon

Banned
ibgxNfp0C2kRS9.gif

I'm immigrating to Belgium ya'll

harSon

Banned
Here in Austin waiting on 343 panel at RTX like I'm harson or something.

Real talk though, I think I'm going to jump ship to the Wii U ship half afloat raft with ViewtifulJC. Shit's clicking with me in a big way. Haven't had this much fun with games in a minute. It's kind of cliché, but it definitely takes you back to the gaming of your childhood. I've owned Nintendo consoles before, but for whatever reason, this one strikes that certain chord in a way that their consoles have failed to do since the N64.

ReiGun

I look at 4th of July same way I look at every holiday: an excuse to eat some good food, hang with my people, and exchange gifts if it's a gift giving holiday. No holiday is founded on perfect ground, but why does something have to be perfect to be worth participating in? Especially when the end result of that participation is ultimately a good thing (growing closer with family and having a good time).

I look at 4th of July same way I look at every holiday: an excuse to eat some good food, hang with my people, and exchange gifts if it's a gift giving holiday. No holiday is founded on perfect ground, but why does something have to be perfect to be worth participating in? Especially when the end result of that participation is ultimately a good thing (growing closer with family and having a good time).

I'm on board with this, especially with something like July 4th. "well, the country still has corruption!" no shit, humans are corrupt. You'll get perfect governments when you get perfect humans.

and "there's still injustice in the world!" is just as bad. Getting a perfect country is an impossibility, and you want to wait for the entire planet to get a clue? good luck with this.

I see July 4th as simply another reason to take a breather and get together with family and friends you care about and do something fun. If you want to take a minute and think about the origins of the country and be patriotic, I'm not going to stop you if that's important.

BHZ Mayor

Fucking skinhead piece of shit. And we all know how some of these people around here feel about blacks and women, so it's guaranteed to be a defense force. Probably unchecked as well.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Can we have a list of sarcastic posters? That i'm supposed to just know when someone is being sarcastic, and not saying actual stupid shit (without any giveaways) is kinda absurd.

BHZ Mayor

Can we have a list of sarcastic posters? That i'm supposed to just know when someone is being sarcastic, and not saying actual stupid shit (without any giveaways) is kinda absurd.

The fact that you often can't tell speaks volumes about the type of people that post on this forum.

Start laughing now.

laugh if you want, i think it's a pretty strong case for it. If this hadn't been on video, or had been a guy, or it had been for something more serious than jaywalking he would probably just get slapped with desk duty.

This is assault right here though, and at minimum that woman is getting a massive payday from civil suits out of it.

BHZ Mayor

laugh if you want, i think it's a pretty strong case for it. If this hadn't been on video, or had been a guy, or it had been for something more serious than jaywalking he would probably just get slapped with desk duty.

This is assault right here though, and at minimum that woman is getting a massive payday from civil suits out of it.

This is the same state where a cop killed someone basically execution style on video, and only did a year in jail for "involuntary manslaughter." This is the same country where where cops frequently get slaps on the wrist for murder. Some punches thrown are nothing in comparison.

J10

Banned
That's what I'm saying. Cops get away with worse shit. Her being a brown person only makes his chances better. I have zero expectation that his punishment will be sufficient. Her winning a hypothetical lawsuit won't make cops stop being assholes.

Spinluck

What is the point of character creation if I can't make them black?

Is Dragon Age one of those games that have black people in the game even though you cannot create one?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking skinhead piece of shit. And we all know how some of these people around here feel about blacks and women, so it's guaranteed to be a defense force. Probably unchecked as well.

"We don't know the context"

What is the point of character creation if I can't make them black?

Is Dragon Age one of those games that have black people in the game even though you cannot create one?

now think how all the native americans feel

they get T.Hawk, Nightwolf, and Prey, that's it! They might get some half-ass Meso-American skin tone in the game if they lucky

now think how all the native americans feel

they get T.Hawk, Nightwolf, and Prey, that's it! They might get some half-ass Meso-American skin tone in the game if they lucky
I like how you forgot Conner. Not that I'm mad, I forgot his ass too.
I just went to my first Con and it was pretty great. And just saw this on my twitter feed, I wonder if the game is good.

I love how the drummer is ready to throw down more than the football player.

Atleast there's NBA2K. You can't make a non-black character in that game without looking like some early link on the evolutionary chart. Some of the black created players look bad, but all the non-black players look like nightmares.

Even big name stars like Dirk are taking the court looking like they have bales of hay stuck to their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom