• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
a sort of "dis nigga been to Africa 4 times already and I don't even have a passport" sense?
or just more like he somehow has a ghetto employee discount?
more like a ghetto employee discount. He's white but like you can tell by that look in his eyes. He's like one of those random white dudes that'll nod at you in the street. I mean shit, he made me look bad last night. Put me on to henessy and apple juice. I don't particularly like henessy so I didn't know but shit if that stuff wasn't fire.

Like that old joke "if you see white guy in a gang with black people, he is the scariest motherfuck in the scene because he had to do some crazy shit to get in"?
with him I believe it man. Mother fucker had us clombing on highschool roofs last night to catch some fire works.

Had one dude always roll with us back in high school, a bunch of black/hispanic guys and gals, and then him. Whiter than Wonder Bread, real talk. We joked about him being the token white guy, and he would talk to the cops if we ever needed him.
man, where I get me one of those.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Do any of you know any white guys that don't act "black" yet all they hang around is black people? It's subtle, but if you have the gift you can sense black culture emanating off them like some sort of aura. Some freaky shit, man. I feel like I've got a sixth sense.

Thats one of my friends. From the nice part of torrance, hates going to gardena, but will walk all through watts no problem. Talks to hood cats with no issues to the point that you might think hes up to some shit.

harSon

Banned
Took me damn near an hour to buy something from Frys Electronics.

I was helping my Uncle purchase a television since he's weak from chemotherapy. So I borrowed his flat bed truck and went on to Frys to get. I get there and there's one guy working the entire television section. He's at the cash register, so I walk up to him and ask him if they have the television in stock. He asks me to walk over and show him the television, and as we're walking to it, I get there and turn around to find out that the motherfucker stops to help a family looking at televisions along the way.

I'm like aight, maybe dude's just answering a quick question. I sat there 5 minutes. Still helping em. 10 minutes. Still helping em. 15 minutes. This Lee Van Cleef on his death bed looking motherfucker is still helping them. I walk over back to the front near the register, in hopes that someone else would start manning the area. But naw, it was just his sorry ass. I finally see the family walk off with him, and of course they didn't buy shit. I meet eyes with the dude, and he just disregards my presence and walks back near the television and helps some other dude around my age.

I walked over to him, and asked if he planned on getting me the television, and dude had the balls to say "I'm helping this gentleman, I can't just walk away from him."

So I'm like
KFjOWl9.png

By now, a middle aged Hispanic dude had been waiting almost as long as I had. We shot each other a look, like "same shit, different day." I don't want to say it was racism, but all parties in question just happened to be white. And all of those put on the back burner, just happened to be minorities. Anyways, I went back up front. I tried stopping some other workers walking by, but they all said they don't work the area. After a while he walks back up to the register and prepares their quote to take up to the register. I overhear him saying that he has to get the key from the manager. After printing out their quote, damn near 25-30 minutes later, dude comes up to me and is like "you still looking to get that projector?" I wanted to go off right there, but I'm like "naw, I'll give the commission to someone else." For those that don't know, Fry's sales floor workers are 100% commission.

Manager comes, an old African woman from the motherland, and before she walks off I pull her aside and tell her the situation. She apologizes, carries out the order herself and assures me that nothing like this will happen again. As I'm walking away with the television, I see homegirl tearing into dude's ass. He shoots me a look, and I threw up a thumbs up with a huge ass grin and walked off.

I was helping my Uncle purchase a television since he's weak from chemotherapy. So I borrowed his flat bed truck and went on to Frys to get. I get there and there's one guy working the entire television section. He's at the cash register, so I walk up to him and ask him if they have the television in stock. He asks me to walk over and show him the television, and as we're walking to it, I get there and turn around to find out that the motherfucker stops to help a family looking at televisions along the way.

I'm like aight, maybe dude's just answering a quick question. I sat there 5 minutes. Still helping em. 10 minutes. Still helping em. 15 minutes. This Lee Van Cleef on his death bed looking motherfucker is still helping them. I walk over back to the front near the register, in hopes that someone else would start manning the area. But naw, it was just his sorry ass. I finally see the family walk off with him, and of course they didn't buy shit. I meet eyes with the dude, and he just disregards my presence and walks back near the television and helps some other dude around my age.

I walked over to him, and asked if he planned on getting me the television, and dude had the balls to say "I'm helping this gentleman, I can't just walk away from him."

So I'm like
KFjOWl9.png

By now, a middle aged Hispanic dude had been waiting almost as long as I had. We shot each other a look, like "same shit, different day." I don't want to say it was racism, but all parties in question just happened to be white. And all of those put on the back burner, just happened to be minorities. Anyways, I went back up front. I tried stopping some other workers walking by, but they all said they don't work the area. After a while he walks back up to the register and prepares their quote to take up to the register. I overhear him saying that he has to get the key from the manager. After printing out their quote, damn near 25-30 minutes later, dude comes up to me and is like "you still looking to get that projector?" I wanted to go off right there, but I'm like "naw, I'll give the commission to someone else." For those that don't know, Fry's sales floor workers are 100% commission.

Manager comes, an old African woman from the motherland, and before she walks off I pull her aside and tell her the situation. She apologizes, carries out the order herself and assures me that nothing like this will happen again. As I'm walking away with the television, I see homegirl tearing into dude's ass. He shoots me a look, and I threw up a thumbs up with a huge ass grin and walked off.

Sucks that happened, but alls well that ends well!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm more bothered they had one person working the whole damn section on a Saturday, and that employees from other areas seemingly can't overstep their boundaries...

I used to work at Fry's. Like you said, those dudes work on commission, so if you're from another department you get treated like you literally stole food off of somebody's table if you try to ring somebody up without them.

harSon

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119659961&postcount=367

Looks kinda hot

I used to work at Fry's. Like you said, those dudes work on commission, so if you're from another department you get treated like you literally stole food off of somebody's table if you try to ring somebody up without them.

I bet. I was a Job Developer for at risk youth for a few years, and I had no idea Fry's employees on the sales floor were 100% commission until I was in that capacity. I knew they received commission, but I thought it was minimum wage and a little something something on top. Once you learn that fact, you understand why those fools circle you like vultures. They trying to eat haha.

Kinda why I'm glad best buy doesn't do that shit anymore.

cyborg009

Banned

My sister worked at Macy's and it was the opposite, it was open season.

Pisses me off to no end walking into a "high end" retail store and getting no assistance because they ASSume you aren't going to buy anything. So many places have lost thousands of dollars because I've walked out and taken my business elsewhere.

oh yea before the last panel for the day (Saturday) at RTX about 50 or so guys out of 500 people did a fuck train (humping the air in a line continuously) for about 2 minutes before the female guardians (the people who moderate behavior for the event) put a stop to it when they saw the 2 male guardians not do anything

Pisses me off to no end walking into a "high end" retail store and getting no assistance because they ASSume you aren't going to buy anything. So many places have lost thousands of dollars because I've walked out and taken my business elsewhere.

Yep. Happens pretty much everywhere. Funny enough, a lot of high end stores I've shopped at don't care. The mid-tiers? Different story.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119659961&postcount=367

Looks kinda hot

I bet. I was a Job Developer for at risk youth for a few years, and I had no idea Fry's employees on the sales floor were 100% commission until I was in that capacity. I knew they received commission, but I thought it was minimum wage and a little something something on top. Once you learn that fact, you understand why those fools circle you like vultures. They trying to eat haha.

heh. i was at circuit city when they were still 100% commission in college. all of that is true. Everyone on the sales floor knew their boundaries and could get really territorial about it.

That being said, even in bad areas we made easily 2 to 3x what a best buy or walmart associate was making, and everyone knew their product.

Slayven

heh. i was at circuit city when they were still 100% commission in college. all of that is true. Everyone on the sales floor knew their boundaries and could get really territorial about it.

That being said, even in bad areas we made easily 2 to 3x what a best buy or walmart associate was making, and everyone knew their product.

Y'all make it sound like some sharks vs the jets type of shit.

Y'all make it sound like some sharks vs the jets type of shit.

It sounds funny today, but this was serious money we were talking about. I had to be one of the youngest people working there. Most of that sales staff were grown men feeding their families off that job.

There were GOOD associates making 60-70K a year selling electronics. One dude made that much and never came out to the sales floor. He just sat in the back and managed his stocks all day. His paycheck came from the large amount of clientele that would deal only with him when they came to buy something.

edit: and that's "on the books" money. You could easily make several hundred on the side by building stands for customers, or heading out to their house to do setup. Depending on where you were, people wouldn't blink at $200 per housecall.

Why do white people hate Yoko Ono so much?

something something breaking up the beatles

Slayven

Why do white people hate Yoko Ono so much?
Over shit that happened before their parents were born
It sounds funny today, but this was serious money we were talking about. I had to be one of the youngest people working there. Most of that sales staff were grown men feeding their families off that job.

There were GOOD associates making 60-70K a year selling electronics. One dude made that much and never came out to the sales floor. He just sat in the back and managed his stocks all day. His paycheck came from the large amount of clientele that would deal only with him when they came to buy something.

edit: and that's "on the books" money. You could easily make several hundred on the side by building stands for customers, or heading out to their house to do setup. Depending on where you were, people wouldn't blink at $200 per housecall.
I almost wish more stores were on commission, then at least the people would have to pretend to be helpiful. "Let me get the key" then they disappear for years.

Over shit that happened before their parents were born
I almost wish more stores were on commission, then at least the people would have to pretend to be helpiful. "Let me get the key" then they disappear for years.

Having worked it, and around it for years the level of service was so much higher it's not even in the same discussion.

The last one I worked at was a few hundred feet down from a walmart in the same shopping center, and the walmart was there first. We STILL cleaned up on a daily basis and never missed a goal. People would come in talking about how horrible it was trying to find something at walmart, thanking us for knowing what we were talking about.

Just looked that game up…Slay everything people question about you is justified now.

you forced me to google this and....why? why is this a thing? my wife wouldn't speak to me for a week if she saw me playing this.

Slayven

Having worked it, and around it for years the level of service was so much higher it's not even in the same discussion.

The last one I worked at was a few hundred feet down from a walmart in the same shopping center, and the walmart was there first. We STILL cleaned up on a daily basis and never missed a goal. People would come in talking about how horrible it was trying to find something at walmart, thanking us for knowing what we were talking about.

Went to Best Buy to buy a monitor, 7 dudes standing around shooting the shit and It still took 30 minutes to get out of there. No wonder they are ghost towns now.

Went to Best Buy to buy a monitor, 7 dudes standing around shooting the shit and It still took 30 minutes to get out of there. No wonder they are ghost towns now.

Amazon and newegg would have killed them eventually. they're just hanging on by a thread these days.

There are still markets for high end enthusiast gear that can't really be serviced well by internet retailers, especially if we're talking audio. (there are a few shops like that not far from me now) but you don't need massive big box stores the size of a football field for that.

Slayven

Amazon and newegg would have killed them eventually. they're just hanging on by a thread these days.

There are still markets for high end enthusiast gear that can't really be serviced well by internet retailers, especially if we're talking audio. (there are a few shops like that not far from me now) but you don't need massive big box stores the size of a football field for that.

I am old school, I don't like making big purchases over the internet. Cause if comes out the box broken I want to take that shit back immediately and hate waiting. I don't know how Radio Shack still holds on.

I am old school, I don't like making big purchases over the internet. Cause if comes out the box broken I want to take that shit back immediately and hate waiting. I don't know how Radio Shack still holds on.

nobody does. I'm not even sure what they sell now besides phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom