• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

So I just started playing Final Fantasy 12 for the first time, and I already want to give up forever and snap the disc in half because of the damn ridiculous unchangeable inverted camera controls.

When I press left on the analog stick, I want the character to look to the left. I am trying to change where the camera is looking. I don't want to press left and have the view turn to the right as though I am holding a movie camera and trying to swing it around to look at something.
I feel as if I remember there being an option to change this...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
FF12 my favorite FF until I play 6. People hate on FF12 for some odd reason. Those same people probably praise FF7 which is ass.

It's not ass, it's a good game; it's just that it was the big mainstream one that people grew up with, so they give it more credit than it deserves.

It's like those people that really think Dragon Ball Z is the pinnacle of anime.

I feel as if I remember there being an option to change this...

I googled it and there isn't, at least in the original version.

ivmvU4oo1Mxj4.png

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

DominoKid

People hate on that game because it actually tried to modernize JRPGs.

You mean I can just program my party's battle strategies and not click a million things? And I don't have to transition to a battle stage every 5 seconds? And there's no more random encounters?

Well I don't like any of these things.

FF12 is the shit

Onemic

God damn man.

People hate on that game because it actually tried to modernize JRPGs.

FF12 was amazing and I havent even finished the game yet. A shame they took such a nosedive with FFXIII. I'm honestly skeptical of FFXV. I hope it will be good but with SE now and how they've handled XIII thus far...I dont have my hopes up.

It's not ass, it's a good game; it's just that it was the big mainstream one that people grew up with, so they give it more credit than it deserves.

It's like those people that really think Dragon Ball Z is the pinnacle of anime.

Guess I just got used to it then. It really is worth the experience.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You mean I can just program my party's battle strategies and not click a million things? And I don't have to transition to a battle stage every 5 seconds? And there's no more random encounters?

Well I don't like any of these things.

FF12 is the shit
So basically, things from the Tales series and Star Ocean under the FF label changed everything?

Lawd

KumaJG

I should of used the term "overrated". I just say it ass because I hate how people praise that game lol.

I quit FF!2 halfway through because I was bored as hell. I haven't looked backed to the FF franchise until I played the FF 14 beta. FF9 was the last fun one for me.

I saw the light that is the Tales series. Even then that series is easy to miss up if you don't own like 2-3 different platforms.

Meet me in the Regency mall parking lot

You two remind of some dudes I saw at a Montgomery Ward's parking lot once.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I quit FF!2 halfway through because I was bored as hell. I haven't looked backed to the FF franchise until I played the FF 14 beta. FF9 was the last fun one for me.

I saw the light that is the Tales series. Even then that series is easy to miss up if you don't own like 2-3 different platforms.

You two remind of some dudes I saw at Montgomery Ward's parking lot once.
Good man. I, too, have seen the Tales' light. And it is good.

Graces F's battle system is fucking godliness. Best thing about Tales story is that they're so HORRIBLE. Its such an easily recognizable early 90s cheese story in each game that you're never even tricked into caring. The cast will make you laugh. The villains will give you reasons. The plot will twist. It's like playing through thundercats fan fiction.

You two remind of some dudes I saw at a Montgomery Ward's parking lot once.
What's that supposed to mean

KumaJG

I still have to beat/possibly platinum Tales of Symphonia. I am kind of bum out I didn't buy Xilia when it was on sale.

Good man. I, too, have seen the Tales' light. And it is good.

Graces F's battle system is fucking godliness. Best thing about Tales story is that they're so HORRIBLE. Its such an easily recognizable early 90s cheese story in each game that you're never even tricked into caring. The cast will make you laugh. The villains will give you reasons. The plot will twist. It's like playing through thundercats fan fiction.

You pointed out how bad the Grace's F story was a couple OTs ago and I haven't finished it since. I think the last thing I did in that game was the battle arena, which was fun as hell.

I picked up Tales of Xilla from a sale a while back, but their tag team battle system thing put me off on it a bit. And there's that silly story they got going. From what I played it was more tongue and cheek than serious.

What's that supposed to mean

It was just two guys I saw that were doing that pre-fight shit talking at a montgomery ward's parking lot when I was younger. I passed them while going into store nearby. I came out 20 minutes later and they still yelling at each other.

Like you two I have no clue what the shit talking is about at this point, but it's fun to watch since nobody is going to be throwing a punch in the near future.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that thread went exactly as expected.

As long as someone takes away what's important from it, it's worth the fuckery. Opportunities to educate people. There's a lot of people who WANT to do good but don't realize what they're doing is either stupid or actually damaging.

As long as someone takes away what's important from it, it's worth the fuckery. Opportunities to educate people. There's a lot of people who WANT to do good but don't realize what they're doing is either stupid or actually damaging.

True this. Maybe I missed it but why dat boy
pants
so mad tho?

I used to trade them in when I younger since I had no job or money, but I haven't done that since I traded in the my dreamcast.

I still have my PS2 and orginal Xbox in a box.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True this. Maybe I missed it but why dat boy
pants
so mad tho?

I'm sorry mate, but my family was forcefully evicted out of our home because of our race. We could only be employed in a handful of jobs, because of our race. We were not allowed to pursue any education apart from teaching or nursing, because of our race. Couldn't play sport with whites, cant ride the white bus, cant go into a white neighborhood. etc. I watched my friends being beaten up by cops for being black at the wrong time of day. I grew up in apartheid, so I definitely have checked my privilege mate.

Also you miss the point of me saying that. It's the exact same thing as saying 'check your privilege' it's a nonsense statement

besada

Banned
Hey, if anyone is interested, Fresh Air on NPR is replaying their Bobbie Womack interview, where he talks about -- among other things -- what it's like to date Pam Grier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, if anyone is interested, Fresh Air on NPR is replaying their Bobbie Womack interview, where he talks about -- among other things -- what it's like to date Pam Grier.

I want to know everything
ibtoxvwKOfYY6G.gif

KumaJG

Interesting, I am trying to decide whether or not I should sell my Dreamcast. I got some classics too like Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and MvC2. If I end up selling it I will buy a Vita lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting, I am trying to decide whether or not I should sell my Dreamcast. I got some classics too like Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and MvC2. If I end up selling it I will buy a Vita lol.

NEVER. Dreamcasts DO NOT GET SOLD. Keep it forever. Best system of all time. PRECIOUS.

People losing their damn fool minds here in Cleveland.

But it's a good deal for the businesses here. I know a guy who works in a downtown bar and grill that made mad money when LeBron was here, and will go back to making mad money now.

I'm just not jumping on the hype train.

But it's a good deal for the businesses here. I know a guy who works in a downtown bar and grill that made mad money when LeBron was here, and will go back to making mad money now.

Don't fight it. Let the crowd take you on a journey

9YyymoB.gif

KumaJG

Dwayne is the loser in this situation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only reason I sell my old consoles is because old electronics break down so easily. If my Genesis still worked, I'd still play it. But I feel like I'm fighting an electrical fire every time I plug that massive AC adapter in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom