• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Only reason I sell my old consoles is because old electronics break down so easily. If my Genesis still worked, I'd still play it. But I feel like I'm fighting an electrical fire every time I plug that massive AC adapter in.

thats my saturn. thats why i just keep it as a sort of memorial. or until i get a new one

Trey

I think I'm going insane with all these people saying Iggy Azalea is a dime/PAWG. Haven't been this out of tune with the zeitgeist since the time I didn't agree with people calling MBDTF a classic.

Gorillaz

I think I'm going insane with all these people saying Iggy Azalea is a dime/PAWG. Haven't been this out of tune with the zeitgeist since the time I didn't agree with people calling MBDTF a classic.
I agree MBDTF is a modern classic from the great yeezus and that Iggy is overrated

Enzom21

3a81d3999e827f46afcad5ae69120afabeca7d26c1d041ab01811500c836e63a.jpg

Interesting, I am trying to decide whether or not I should sell my Dreamcast. I got some classics too like Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and MvC2. If I end up selling it I will buy a Vita lol.

eh, selling ancient systems is fine. there aren't going to be any new releases for it, and if there was really something you were dying to play but happened to miss, 13 years is more than enough time.

The DC in particular is ripe for ebay. it was out for what, a year? And virtually every decent game has a superior version ported to another platform. Most overrated console of all time, no bullshit- and yes I owned one, and yes I bought a second one for my girlfriend at the time so I wouldn't have to go a whole weekend with no soul calibur

Furyous

I've been sipping on expensive Tequila since this morning.

BRON IS BACK HOME!

I ordered some ribs and tipped the delivery guy a few dollars.

Fucked around and completed an interview with a green horizontal line going down the screen. Obviously, I didn't get the job.

Who do y'all have in the Hollow vs Budden battle?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I've been sipping on expensive Tequila since this morning.

BRON IS BACK HOME!

I ordered some ribs and tipped the delivery guy a few dollars.

Fucked around and completed an interview with a green horizontal line going down the screen. Obviously, I didn't get the job.

Who do y'all have in the Hollow vs Budden battle?

Hollow easily. Budden can rap his ass off when he's focused, but Hollow has way to much ammo.

RedSwirl

I'm so far behind on Tales games. I've still only played Symphonia, and I've got unopened copies of Abyss and Vesperia on my shelf.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm so far behind on Tales games. I've still only played Symphonia, and I've got unopened copies of Abyss and Vesperia on my shelf.

Vesperia is probably one of the best RPGs of last gen imo. The combat is bad for a Tales game - but its still much, much better than many other JRPGs out there. As your first Tales entry, I can't think of a better package atm. One of the most top to bottom polished and complete games I've ever played too.

So I'm basically at prime baby making age but it's even weirder having parents come by where I volunteer who are my age taking away 7+ year old kids.

Was riding in the van once with an employee for a field trip and one of the kids just blurts out "my mom is 26." Both me and the guy just look at each other, and both of us muttered how we could be his parents.

RedSwirl

So I'm basically at prime baby making age but it's even weirder having parents come by where I volunteer who are my age taking away 7+ year old kids.

Was riding in the van once with an employee for a field trip and one of the kids just blurts out "my mom is 26." Both me and the guy just look at each other, and both of us muttered how we could be his parents.

Parenting ages seem to be all over the place in this country.

Everyone's Facebook feed here is full of baby pictures right? Almost all the ones I get are from friends who are my age or slightly younger. At the same time the other half of my friends are a clear indicator that people in our generation are increasingly nearing 30 before they start having kids.

I'm not TOO messed up about it. I'm a year away from the age my parents were when I was born (my brother is eight years older than me though), but they're basically farm-raised. They gotta deal with having raised suburban sons.

J10

Banned
I'm the only person among my friends who doesn't want or already have kids. I'm running out of people to hang out with as a result. It sucks.

Hit dat first egg at 18. Lucked up the second time at 24. Taking the first egg to try for her permit tomorrow.

Parenting ages seem to be all over the place in this country.

Everyone's Facebook feed here is full of baby pictures right? Almost all the ones I get are from friends who are my age or slightly younger. At the same time the other half of my friends are a clear indicator that people in our generation are increasingly nearing 30 before they start having kids.

I'm not TOO messed up about it. I'm a year away from the age my parents were when I was born (my brother is eight years older than me though), but they're basically farm-raised. They gotta deal with having raised suburban sons.

Yeah I think it depends on region. Like me I'm only 19 but a lot of people I grew up with have kids which is crazy to me.

Crocodile

Reading topics about privilege is INFURIATING. Especially when people post dumb/misguided/silly shit and then 50 people quote them saying "GREAT POST"! The concept is pretty easy to understand when its explained to you. I got it when I had the concept described with respect to being a cisgendered heterosexual male. In topics related to those subjects I may not necessarily agree with any particular person due to our innate differences, life experiences, etc. but understanding the concept of privilege helped me be more empathetic to people very much not like me. It's a good concept and not once did I feel guilty or ashamed but rather enlightened. Why do these privilege threads cause so many to do mental gymnastics?

cdyhybrid

Reading topics about privilege is INFURIATING. Especially when people post dumb/misguided/silly shit and then 50 people quote them saying "GREAT POST"! The concept is pretty easy to understand when its explained to you. I got it when I had the concept described with respect to being a cisgendered heterosexual male. In topics related to those subjects I may not necessarily agree with any particular person due to our innate differences, life experiences, etc. but understanding the concept of privilege helped me be more empathetic to people very much not like me. It's a good concept and not once did I feel guilty or ashamed but rather enlightened. Why do these privilege threads cause so many to do mental gymnastics?

There was a post about white fragility in there...probably explains a lot.

Between that and concern trolling...yeah.

harSon

Banned

I was a case manager/job developer for at risk youth, so I was around young parents constantly (17-21). My mom's side of the family is pretty much the poster child for teen pregnancy. Her sister has 10 kids, and each kid has about 2 kids on average, if not more, and most had their first by their 16th or 17th birthday. Not much to say about it other then the fact that it's unfortunately really common?

Because the idea that they might have distinct advantages infringes on their ability to play the victim when and where ever possible.

I'm here in Houston and shocked at times if a girl makes it passed 23 without a kid in certain sections of the city

RedSwirl

Because the idea that they might have distinct advantages infringes on their ability to play the victim when and where ever possible.

I actually agree with the sentiment it might make more sense to instead center on the disadvantages certain people have instead of advantages other has. Well, at least if you don't want to hurt privileged people's feelings. I guess it's an argument worth having: whether or not you should take the confrontational stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom