• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Is this the show that had the woman who tried to cook spaghetti in the dishwasher when her man had company?

Is that the show where there was a woman who wouldnt buy a bunch of grapes, but only the ones she "needed", as well as timing her boyfriend in the shower?

Probably. She had a boyfriend. And he had to ask her permission to have his boys come over and watch the game. They watched the game in the dark, and turned the TV off during commercials.

IrishNinja

congrats to everybody with babies!

Hotel by Cassidy? You smashin hootrats and shit? You got some CVS sparkling grape juice in a plastic cup with some unused birthday candles sitting on top of a yellow pokemon table cover to set the mood? Dreams pls.

hahaha goddamn

Idris, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

Scary black man... the movie!

i mean...Idris has put in some really excellent work in recent years, he's entitled to a few stinkers
#getthatpaper

aw man i'm out

hypernima

Banned
How come the Spurs couldn't do this last year?

fd02503ed2877efe744386c77e1b070890c2153.gif

Yo, that face...

DominoKid

Donald Sterling got 4 private investigation firms to dig up dirt on the NBA

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up "dirt" on the NBA's former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, a source confirmed to ESPN.com.

The move was earlier reported by The Associated Press, citing a person familiar with Sterling's legal strategy.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league's finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct, and compensation to past commissioner David Stern and current commissioner Adam Silver
, said the AP source, who spoke Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly.

The person said the investigators also are looking into whether other owners made any off-color jokes, or racist or sexist remarks.

"The gloves are off, as they say," the person said. "Have them dig up all the dirt they can find."

ix6pkg4tbSJwC.gif

I always forget how the World Cup gets people heated and I love it. People acting like the referee for last night's game wasn't awful outside of the penalty call but Jeez, it's like hyperbole city up in that thread.

cdyhybrid

Congrats Rio and Bish.

Also, what up Irish.

I'm getting hyped for summer brehs. Big time music festival in 2 weeks. Camping out for the weekend and all that shit. So fucking stoked.

lordmrw

Probably. She had a boyfriend. And he had to ask her permission to have his boys come over and watch the game. They watched the game in the dark, and turned the TV off during commercials.

What in the god damn hell? It never ceases to amaze me the things people tolerate in a relationship.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure there's a good reason to remove that.

I don't know of any, but...

Nothing like getting up in the morning riding to get right and almost getting killed because of someone elses impatience and stupidity. Amazing morning. Jayce is going home this morning. The doctor said he was jaundiced. My girl looked at him and said "You know he biracial?" My girl told me he had a straight dumbfounded hand in cookie jar look. And over 100 miles away he felt my dehumanizing gaze fam.

Imm0rt4l

psshhh....my man ginsberg from Mad Men did that without surgery.

I just started reading Guns Germs and Steel. Really good book.

harSon

Banned
Played Destiny a bit and I'm not sure if I dig it or not:

+ The graphics are serviceable. Not mind blowing. But Bungie's gorgeous envrionmental design makes up for it in a big way. The color pallete is awesome as always.
+ When you first jump in, if someone hadn't told you, you would have thought you were playing Halo.
+ The audio and sound mix are fucking AMAZING, which isn't surprising since Bungie are among the best in the business in that department.

- In terms of how the game handles, especially in multiplayer, it's somewhere between Call of Duty and Halo. The map design seems more Call of Duty, as does the aiming. You can take more damage than in Call of Duty, but you're not nearly as big a bullet sponge as your are in Halo.
- The competitive MP is very much CODish in the sense that spotting your enemy, and not necessarily skill and tactics, is one of the more important things in gaining the edge.
- The sense of speed feels dreadfully slow, especially coming off of something like Titanfall where you can get somewhere in a hurry.

Basically, the entire time I'm thinking to myself "man, I wish this was Halo," which I think is attributed to the fact that it has an identity crisis. It's suffering from what Bungie suffered with towards the end of their run with Halo, and that's the fact that they seem so adamant to let the industry influence their games, but they don't utilize those influences in such a way where they own it or are among the best in that area. Call of Duty does Call of Duty better. Borderlands (which I'm not the biggest fan of to begin with) does Borderlands better). Hell, I thought Shadowrun (the 360 FPS, which I was actually a fan of) did Shadowrun better. To put it simply, it comes off as a jack of all trades, master of none kind of deal.

I don't think it's a bad game, but it hasn't come off as particularly demanding of my ownership either. It kind of just makes me want to play the games that it's influenced by...

Gorillaz

The Cod style aim will definitely clash with the halo 'floaty' gameplay. If they build up the hip fire like halo it will be fine.

Just by these twitch streams, The Destiny alpha does a better job at selling the game than bungie and there 2 year marketing overkill.

The Cod style aim will definitely clash with the halo 'floaty' gameplay. If they build up the hip fire like halo it will be fine.

Just by these twitch streams, The Destiny alpha does a better job at selling the game than bungie and there 2 year marketing overkill.

What? You didn't like seeing the same type of gameplay and glimpses of dudes in orchestras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom