• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our LightSkin God has Spoken!
kinda of catchy

ixVtdntJWDUgM.gif

Did he kidnap that second girl?

Jado

Banned
Can't argue the logic. I swear Sonic fans and MLP fans are two sides of the same creepy ass coin. Some of the shit Sonic fans draw/post/make are creepy as thee fuck.

Just this weekend I was at my GF's nephew's place. The 7-year old is really into Sonic and occasionally watches MLP. I told them to carefully monitor what he looks up on Youtube and whatnot because the two communities are extremely weird and inappropriate for children. I've seen some shit I wish I hadn't and wasn't even looking for it.

The doctors are saying that my Dad has beaten cancer. Really happy right now and hope it doesn't come back.

Really runs in his side of the family though.. most of the older males have gotten it at some point in there lives so there's a good chance when I'm 50+ that I might just get it as well.

That's great, congrats. Saw mine deteriorate and pass as a kid; it's rough and glad you don't have to go through that. I worry about my chances too.

Who is Louis CK?
or
Who is Sofia Vegara?

Nope to both.

Louis is the whitest popular example of a Mexican. I dunno... you have to be suspect to say he's the coolest Mexican when he, while a great comedian, doesn't embody the look or personality (e.g. not stereotype) of what proud Mexicans are known for.

Sofia Vergara has set Latin women in popular media back 40 years. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating saying 40 years... but her dumb, hypersexual Latina routine and extremely fake accent are really offensive and have cemented old Latina stereotypes into a new generation. My GF is Mex and can't fucking stand her. Her shtick is the Latina equivalent of blackface.

Young Magus

Lil B - No Black Person Is Ugly

I give him shit sometimes, but I never hated the guy, nor do I think he is flat out dumb. Never did. I wonder what motivated the song/video

Somebody teach this nigga how to flow already. Dude is terrible.

He knows how to, but chooses not too. I don't get it either. lol

Yea, whole is flow is not strong, when Lil B wants to he can put interesting stuff out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=corY-FZAZog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W11UxtgWBOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWpMZgbhmQ&list=UUtG-LNxN-bVAyeyxGiZzoqQ

Yeah but Richie Valens tho

If we're counting dead Mexicans then I guess you have to mention Selena. I suppose you have to mention the irrelevant ones too like Cheech and (sadly) Robert Rodriguez.

Damn, our media representation really aint shit. That list would essentially be the same one from the mid 90s and prior.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If we're counting dead Mexicans then I guess you have to mention Selena. I suppose you have to mention the irrelevant ones too like Cheech and (sadly) Robert Rodriguez.

Damn, our media representation really aint shit. That list would essentially be the same one from the mid 90s and prior.

Cats wanted to die in the streets when selena died. One of my friends in elementary didnt come to class for a few days after she passed

Why you leaving Mario Lopez out b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom