• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Yet bit of that. Just feels like 98% is bandwagoning. Irrational, but I feel what I feels.

No shit, it's irrational. Everybody is bandwagoning Marvel everything right now. People who have never read an Iron Man comic stay talking about how nobody could ever play the character after RDJ. Same motherfuckers who insisted Heisenberg for Lex because they were both bald. But you're arbitrarily drawing the line at Carol Danvers.

liiiiiiiiiink

Scroll up.

Slayven

No shit, it's irrational. Everybody is bandwagoning Marvel everything right now. People who have never read an Iron Man comic stay talking about how nobody could ever play the character after RDJ. Same motherfuckers who insisted Heisenberg for Lex because they were both bald. But you're arbitrarily drawing the line at Carol Danvers.

Scroll up.

I think it is the irrational tie to Sackoff, I just don't like her.

Went to see Outkast yesterday at ovofest. Like 90% of the ladies there were about a 7-10. So many pretty ladies brehs (89% cuffed)

Omw to day two.

harSon

Banned
Moris (or anyone who knows the area), there's a strong possibility of me moving to So Cal in near future. What are your opinions on Santa Barbara and Santa Ana? I've got a potential job opportunity within those two cities (same company), since I have a buddy with some sway working there.

I've got to get away from the family bullshit, and it ain't happening unless there's a long ass road trip between me and them.

Into

wow seanspeed....wow

bernie-mac-o.gif

What's most shocking is that he came out of no where to insert his opinion and is like, well since I got my pinky toe wet, might as well insert my 2 cents into the conversation.

1TQpvdT.jpg

I think he does that more often than not. But I guess he can have his say too. No matter how unpopular it may be.

Moris (or anyone who knows the area), there's a strong possibility of me moving to So Cal in near future. What are your opinions on Santa Barbara and Santa Ana? I've got a potential job opportunity within those two cities (same company), since I have a buddy with some sway working there.

I've got to get away from the family bullshit, and it ain't happening unless there's a long ass road trip between me and them.

Santa Ana is a older/whiter crowd, close to the middle of the most boring part of southern california. Right next to Orange, Tustin and Irvine which is corporate america's socal. If I had to work there, I'd definitely live somewhere else.

Santa Barbara is about 2 hours North of downtown LA, never been because there's no reason to go that far north of downtown unless you're on your way to San Jose or San Francisco. Few friends went to school there, always hear nice things. Supposed to be a really nice beach town that's still reasonably modern despite being a decent drive away from any other decent city. I'll probably spend a weekend or two up there sooner or later to check it out myself.

The point is that its silly to think there's any 'best' representation of women, as if what a woman is is pre-defined and you can rank representations of them according to that definition.

iCBgRa7XbpQK0.png

What's really fucked up is people will think this is harmless because they don't know any better and its phrased well enough to not set off any glaringly obvious flags.

Some slick motherfuckers on this board man

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Having read a good portion of her second volume, I can confirm this.

I got up to the Secret Invasion tie-ins before tapping out

She loses me constantly. But bendis' version was worse. She needs good writers asap.

Y'all still ragging on my girl Carol. Everywhere I go Slay and Parallax making me sad.

6' here myself.

You have a bunch of people behind you. That should make you feel better(even if most dont care about her particularly)

harSon

Banned
Santa Ana is a older/whiter crowd, close to the middle of the most boring part of southern california. Right next to Orange, Tustin and Irvine which is corporate america's socal. If I had to work there, I'd definitely live somewhere else.

Santa Barbara is about 2 hours North of downtown LA, never been because there's no reason to go that far north of downtown unless you're on your way to San Jose or San Francisco. Few friends went to school there, always hear nice things. Supposed to be a really nice beach town that's still reasonably modern despite being a decent drive away from any other decent city. I'll probably spend a weekend or two up there sooner or later to check it out myself.

First of all, people actually travel to San Jose?!

And I've never actually been to Santa Barbara, but I've been to Goleta a bunch since I had a ton of friends at UCSB (definitely visit your friends if they go there, it's pretty fucking wild if you're into the party scene). I lived in Santa Cruz for years, so I'm already acclimated to beach towns. I have quite a few friends there too, so I wouldn't have to start from zero either.

Santa Ana is a lot closer LA though, and I know a few people in and around that area as well.

She loses me constantly. But bendis' version was worse. She needs good writers asap.

KSD is doing a better job with her as Captain Marvel for the current run but its still kinda....MEH.

Compare it to current Ms. Marvel with Kamala who is having fun while building her own universe and it looks even worse.

First of all, people actually travel to San Jose?!

And I've never actually been to Santa Barbara, but I've been to Goleta a bunch since I had a ton of friends at UCSB (definitely visit your friends if they go there, it's pretty fucking wild if you're into the party scene). I lived in Santa Cruz for years, so I'm already acclimated to beach towns. I have quite a few friends there too, so I wouldn't have to start from zero either.

Santa Ana is a lot closer LA though, and I know a few people in and around that area as well.

What part of LA are you talking about? Like LA county or like Downtown?

Kraftwerk

Not very sweet, but at least we're not 5' 6" ers with chips on our shoulders.

I'm 5,6“ and I used to be like that. Started working out and dressing better and honestly my life changed. I have actually had people tell me that they thought I was taller due to the way I present myself.

At the same time I won't lie, it would be nice if I was taller. Mainly because I have always wanted to be a firefighter.

You have a bunch of people behind you. That should make you feel better(even if most dont care about her particularly)

I'll take a bandwagon vote. It's as good as any other.

I've vaguely enjoyed the character since the X-Men days where Chris Claremont tried his damnest. And I enjoyed Reed's run. KSD has highs and lows. I find Carol worked better in Avengers Assemble than she does in own title at times.

J10

Banned
I'll take a bandwagon vote. It's as good as any other.

I've vaguely enjoyed the character since the X-Men days where Chris Claremont tried his damnest. And I enjoyed Reed's run. KSD has highs and lows. I find Carol worked better in Avengers Assemble than she does in own title at times.

Basically. I like Carol a lot.

strobogo

Banned
I never knew how much of a dick I was by being huge though. I always just assumed everyone was treated the same. Some of the "it sucks being short" topics woke me up to that shit.

Man, it's not that bad. The short dudes who it sucks for are usually people who have a chip on their shoulders and blame everything on height, when it is almost always because they are assholes. If you're a short guy and carry yourself like a short guy who has to prove he's worth something, you're going to come off as a dick head. I'm short. I've been short my whole life. Besides a few jokes in high school, I've never had my height hinder anything I was doing. Not in jobs, not with women. Some people are short. Some people are tall. Some people are white. Some people are black. But they are all people and should carry themselves like a person. When people start labeling themselves, they start falling into patterns they think that kind of person is supposed to be doing. I'm just a dude.

Slayven

I think that is what bothering me, folks don''t care about the character they care about what they think she represents.

Everytime I look at a Bangbros vid

iThTLIIpxQsjU.gif

58 minutes and a good 36 of them motherfuckers are them just dickin around before the action starts

Get to the point!

Everytime I look at a Bangbros vid

iThTLIIpxQsjU.gif

58 minutes and a good 36 of them motherfuckers are them just dickin around before the action starts

Get to the point!

Girls name is in the description, I don't need you to ask her....or her other interests...matter of fact why is the dude holding the camera even talking?

You looking at Bangbros in 2014? Was Booty Talk 42243 not at the video store?

We off whole movies completely bruh. Split scenes in high def via company's website, otherwise....
ibqsG2MZiScJka.png

Girls name is in the description, I don't need you to ask her....or her other interests...matter of fact why is the dude holding the camera even talking?

I'm sayin...it's unreal!

I hate this shit so fucking much. Dudes need to shut the fuck up.

RealityKings was even worse at one point (I havent watched much of their stuff lately). Generally Bangbros shuts the fuck up once they actually get started. RK will blab...get to the action....AND THEN KEEP FUCKING YAPPING, ESPECIALLY ON A PARTICULARLY GOOD PART
iN2HPwl7FFy4u.png

holding a fuckin' interview before shit goes down

"what was the first dick you sucked"

"he he well...*long cutesy overacted anecdote*

"haha yeah aight...what was your first black dick tho"

"...that was my first black dick hahaha"

"yeeeeeah hahaha what school did you go to"

GET ON WITH IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom