• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Just got home and I'm reading today's developments on the Ferguson stuff. You have got to be kidding me. Folk really trying to justify shooting dude 11 times (however many) and killing him cause he jacked some blunts. Miss me w/ all of that.

It's like we gotta be saints just to be sympathetic.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Vince pls not like this

008_Vince_08152014MM_0325.jpg

snoop.png
at least get one of those signs you can flip into the air.....

Mortemis

Banned
Just got home and I'm reading today's developments on the Ferguson stuff. You have got to be kidding me. Folk really trying to justify shooting dude 11 times (however many) and killing him cause he jacked some blunts. Miss me w/ all of that.

It's like we gotta be saints just to be sympathetic.

It's sad but true. To get any sort of empathy from these people, you have to be greatest upstanding citizen.

DominoKid

CNN doing CNN things again

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin
CNN is holding a town hall Monday at 10 on "Race in America." There will be a studio audience. Don Lemon hosting. Hear that Pharrell booked.

Dreams and I have come to the conclusion that if you're not attracted to black women (and you're straight) you might be broken; please contact your nearest deity for potential fixes to this problem.

Gorillaz

Vince needs to get in here and explain that pic

NotLikeThis.gif

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin
CNN is holding a town hall Monday at 10 on "Race in America." There will be a studio audience. Don Lemon hosting. Hear that Pharrell booked.

really

those 2....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have they put post-95 Raw and Nitro on there yet?

They're releasing multiple episodes each week. Once Monday Night War releases (20+ one-hour documentary episodes, pretty amazing) they'll be running new Nitros and Raws like they did back in the day, releasing head to head so to speak.

95 is up, but it's trash. Nitro's comin'. Smackdown from 99 has been going up.

royalan

Hey...

So...

I was supposed to be on the podcast tonight...

But...

(and I know this is going to sound like an excuse but...)

The power is out on my block.

Has been all day.

I thought it would be back up by now, but...

royalan

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin

... Don Lemon hosting a Race in America panel?

L-O-Motherfucking-L

Mortemis

Banned

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin

Don Lemon? Pharrell? This is going to go wonderfully.

God damn it.

Young Magus

Vince pls not like this

008_Vince_08152014MM_0325.jpg

I'm still wanting for Vince to show up on a random Raw and shout "ITS 9.99 DAMMIT JUST BUY THE DAMN THING" for 5 minutes

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin

.....Nope.

Real shit, are any of you planning to watch this?

Mortemis

Banned

Kreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01GNibAXkk

There were a bunch of replies to it, here's him getting ethered by Michael Skolnik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-isDi6ShTRs. Russell Simmon's response: http://www.eurweb.com/2013/08/russell-simmons-checks-cnns-don-lemon-in-open-letter/.

Fuck this dude.

Ever since that segment, CNN has been using Don Lemon in a string of segments where he basically tells black people to "act right" if they want race problems to go away.

Pharell on the other hand is just continuing to make mistakes after the controversy over his last album not having enough black women on the cover. The Oprah interview must have not had enough bad quotables for him.

Mortemis

Banned
Even Google thinks we ain't shit.
TOImuWd.jpg

And yes this is real. Give it a shot.

Man, fuck. I mean, I've always known we ain't shit to so many people out there, but seeing all of this gathered up and shoved in your face really brings you down. I'm glad that things like the police being fuckers are finally being brought up and shown, but man does it hurt thinking about it.

Ever since that segment, CNN has been using Don Lemon in a string of segments where he basically tells black people to "act right" if they want race problems to go away.

Pharell on the other hand is just continuing to make mistakes after the controversy over his last album not having enough black women on the cover. The Oprah interview must have not had enough bad quotables for him.

Yeah, I consider Lemon worse than Pharrell. Either way they're both horrible pics to talk about race in america.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Where you're from- Haiti
Where you live- NJ
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- N/A
Do you know your roots- French roots
Your Age- 18
Favorite musical genre- Hip/Hop/R&B/Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- Health
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Music (Instrumental), Sports (football/soccer, more soccer), video games, graphic design

Can't wait for Pharrell to tell me he's "new black" and Ferguson is a result of our own actions and we shouldn't blame society. I also can't wait for the dozens of douches to quote him and Lemon as if those two fucks speak for all black people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom