• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
what is this world coming to when minorities can't even be the bad guys anymore? think about the drastic decrease in minority character representation in a videogame like that because they whitewashed the bad guys!

I think if I ever make it successfully as a concept artist in the games industry, I hope ArcSys games invites me one day to make a character.

I would make him/her have intense FRC into Black Power Fist setups, and a Instant Kill called Dehumanizing Stare which is unblockable and full screen.

Where you're from- Mobile, AL

Where you live- Bath, Mi

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Father from Buyana, mother from US. I am black.

Do you know your roots-No, but come tax season, my wife is gonna take $100 and find out. Thanks, Skip Gates!

Your Age-30

Favorite musical genre- VGM/whatever Lecrae calls the genre

Your profession/major/career interest- Major is English (specifically, ABD status in African American literature, but I probably won't finish the diss), but I am currently not employed in "the field."

Your religious affiliation- Christian

Hobbies-Lurking Gaf. Now posting. Also Video Games and comics.

I just wanna say that I'm both pissed and relieved at the outcry due to the events in Ferguson. I'm pissed because racial profiling is as old as Jim Crow law, so why did it take this long for (so-called "liberal") white folks to care? I'm relieved that they actually do, or at least they claim to care...next to passive-aggressive FB posts and Tweets concerning Gaza and Iraq.

When people actually start quitting their day jobs and start raising funds specifically designed to protest and create civil disturbances to bring forth structural change I will be impressed.

(for reference)
51kOf6TD4nL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I said I wasn't going to make political posts as a junior, but for this one, I couldn't resist. It's really effed up in 2014 when my wife and I are Brown Paper Bag testing our two boys trying to half jokingly, half seriously determine if they are statistically less probable to be gunned down in ways similar to the long list of victims (Oscar Grant, Sean Bell, etc etc etc etc) because they are lighter skinned than they were. Feels like we're shameful members of Charles Chesnutt's "Blue Veins Society."

BHZ Mayor

Thought you got swallowed by that :3 struggle. Welcome back man.

Speaking of gamingside, we've been focusing on threads over in OT, but lemme talk about this thread over in gaming side that I've had the pleasure of catching up to. We got dudes defending the Tea party, another saying that people are only happy killing whites, another saying tea party members aren't racist because they are religious Christians and that all christians love all people, a few people taking quips at the lgbt movement and comparing it to the tea party, and so much more. By half way, the thread changes focus to this dude who wants to define racism, and he starts going on and on and on, my favorite post of his would be his thoughts about welfare and black fathers.

None of these dudes were angry that video games had caricatures of terrorists or any other minority group as villains, but when a caricature of racist whites come along they pop in preaching how fucked up it is. Hmm, I wonder why.

Wow, didn't notice that this thread was so close to being done.
Wow @ neither of those guys being banned. Those posts are pretty explicitly racist.

One day there's going to be a black Hody Jones, that's going to start to witness things like this Ferguson shit at a very young age and decide he's not having any of that shit.

im tellin y'all its gonna happen

Mmmmmmmmm, did not record an interview. Amateur hour shit. Now I have to do this the hard way.

EDIT: Chipotle's prices are obscene nowadays.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The bowl at Chipotle is legit. Steak, brown rice and black beans

But fuck charging more for guacamole

Satch

Banned
i think................. im done....................... with neogaf........................ for good............. now.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom