• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I took a stab at when it was last decent by everyone else's standards. Last time I liked Naruto was during the chuunin exams

It's been a LONG time, but I liked it right up to the time jump. After that it never really felt like the same. I enjoyed the introduction to Akatsuki a lot, but then it got a little...too much.

Slayven

"I don't care what anyone say, Dr.Wiley is smarter than Eggman. He created robots with hopes, dreams, and desires. All Eggman do was create robot wasp."

-Shower thoughts by Beef

RP912

Banned
i haven't had a milkshake in two years. Something about drinking them and that clogged feeling in your throat just turns me away from them. I used to tear them shits up during my late night nibbles at mcdonalds when I was working night shifts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss em, but I waved them goodbye. I can make it without them.

RedSwirl

"I don't care what anyone say, Dr.Wiley is smarter than Eggman. He created robots with hopes, dreams, and desires. All Eggman do was create robot wasp."

-Shower thoughts by Beef

I think they settled that shit in the Archie Sonic x Mega Man crossover.

i haven't had a milkshake in two years. Something about drinking them and that clogged feeling in your throat just turns me away from them. I used to tear them shits up during my late night nibbles at mcdonalds when I was working night shifts.

Thing is, my diet was atrocious during college but my gut didn't get bad until after I graduated and couldn't find a reason to get up and run around all day. I had pizza and multiple soft drinks almost every damn day in college, and somehow walking around with 50lbs of books all day
and the DDR machine next to the food court
managed to balance that out.

Jado

Banned
Well, I'm never again posting in the Game of Thrones "no book spoilers" thread. Never met a fan base that's so bitter and jaded against the source material and its fans. I get TV-only folk have been burned by major spoilers in the past and irritated by constant whiners who thread-shit with "the book did it this way and better!" But when you can't so much as hint that the books exist by giving a benign answer with minor detail to someone's trivial question on a random observation in an episode? That's the definition of a toxic environment best avoided.

RP912

Banned
I think they settled that shit in the Archie Sonic x Mega Man crossover.

Thing is, my diet was atrocious during college but my gut didn't get bad until after I graduated and couldn't find a reason to get up and run around all day. I had pizza and multiple soft drinks almost every damn day in college, and somehow walking around with 50lbs of books all day
and the DDR machine next to the food court
managed to balance that out.

Reminds me of my first time moving to Georgia. Holy shit I was on a food binge all crazy. So many fast food places I never seen in Philly. The first time I seen a sonics I lost my shit because I always wanted to try their foot long dogs.

Nowadays I'm trying to pace myself and eventually work to tone myself up. It's like my gut is interfering with what the rest of my body is trying to accomplish.

Onemic

Well, I'm never again posting in the Game of Thrones "no book spoilers" thread. Never met a fan base that's so bitter and jaded against the source material and its fans. I get TV-only folk have been burned my major spoilers in the past and irritated by constant whiners who thread-shit with "the book did it this way and better!" But when you can't so much as hint that the books exist by giving a benign answer with minor detail to someone's trivial question on a random observation in an episode? That's the definition of a toxic environment best avoided.

It depends, were you discussing a book spoiler? The problem I think stems from people who have read the books either spoiling the story for those that watch the TV show or complaining that the show is 100% true to the source material.

Jado

Banned
It depends, were you discussing a book spoiler? The problem I think stems from people who have read the books either spoiling the story for those that watch the TV show or complaining that the show is 100% true to the source material.

Of course not. In short: someone asked where did X get such a big army, and I responded "it's not, it's only Y number of men according to the book and evident from what we saw in the episode... and really not that impressive from Z's army and other armies we've seen throughout the TV show." Completely trivial, inconsequential.

And that was the end of me. Such a trivial question/answer causing problems = easy decision to permanently avoid the thread.

Kreed

Well, I'm never again posting in the Game of Thrones "no book spoilers" thread. Never met a fan base that's so bitter and jaded against the source material and its fans. I get TV-only folk have been burned my major spoilers in the past and irritated by constant whiners who thread-shit with "the book did it this way and better!" But when you can't so much as hint that the books exist by giving a benign answer with minor detail to someone's trivial question on a random observation in an episode? That's the definition of a toxic environment best avoided.

I really don't post in there unless the show is actually running, simply because of how bad book spoilers were at one point and people not knowing how to control themselves. But the GAF book readers really screwed that thread over too many times in the past so I don't blame the regular posters in the thread for wanting to keep the thread strictly TV discussion. I think the worst behavior was when the
Red Wedding
happened. Book readers were coming into the thread right when it was going on for the sole purpose of saying things like "Hahaha, now you know how we felt!", "What are you feeling right now, rage? Anger?", etc... Since then the mods had to be extremely strict with the thread to keep the thread clean and have been doing a good job from what I've seen.

Also I don't see the point in going into the thread if you've read the books/why a book reader would want to go into a thread with limitations on what they can talk about. You can talk as freely as you want about the book and the show in the book spoilers thread and there's no temptations to "answer" speculation questions that the TV only watchers ask themselves.

Imm0rt4l

Well, I'm never again posting in the Game of Thrones "no book spoilers" thread. Never met a fan base that's so bitter and jaded against the source material and its fans. I get TV-only folk have been burned by major spoilers in the past and irritated by constant whiners who thread-shit with "the book did it this way and better!" But when you can't so much as hint that the books exist by giving a benign answer with minor detail to someone's trivial question on a random observation in an episode? That's the definition of a toxic environment best avoided.
As it should be, you got these people who 'never read the books' make the most outlandish 'speculations' based on absolutely nothing(and be right) like they're some clairvoyants or some shit. The fuck outta here. It's best to stay in the spoilers thread.

Jado

Banned
I really don't post in there unless the show is actually running, simply because of how bad book spoilers were at one point and people not knowing how to control themselves. But the GAF book readers really screwed that thread over too many times in the past so I don't blame the regular posters in the thread for wanting to keep the thread strictly TV discussion. I think the worst behavior was when the
Red Wedding
happened. Book readers were coming into the thread right when it was going on for the sole purpose of saying things like "Hahaha, now you know how we felt!", "What are you feeling right now, rage? Anger?", etc... Since then the mods had to be extremely strict with the thread to keep the thread clean and have been doing a good job from what I've seen.

Also I don't see the point in going into the thread if you've read the books/why a book reader would want to go into a thread with limitations on what they can talk about. You can talk as freely as you want about the book and the show in the book spoilers thread and there's no temptations to "answer" speculation questions that the TV only watchers ask themselves.

I'm not caught up with the last couple of books so it wouldn't be great to post in the spoilers thread. I'm kinda stuck in a place where I can't partake in either thread without problems. I also wasn't doing any of what you described, which I agree sucks. I've had Harry Potter, GoT and movies spoiled for me so I understand (although I tend to just shrug and move on with life). What I don't comprehend is anger over something that's on par with discussion on Hodor's height or how many peasants live in King's Landing.

royalan

oo05qFT.jpg

I'm kinda warming up to this whole Black Hipster movement. These dudes is fine.

Infinite

my hair looks like shit unless i pick it out. i could never figure out that stylish nappy look.
You usually have to work your hair into a style, leave it in overnight, and then take that style out to accomplish such looks.

Like this is from a two strand twist
photo-2.jpg

akira28

I dunno how to do that with my hair. I would like to be able to do something more than cut it off. And I don't want a 70's fro.

Infinite

I dunno how to do that with my hair. I would like to be able to do something more than cut it off. And I don't want a 70's fro.

Just google some styles and see a natural hair stylist. Or learn to do them yourself like I did (or have your girlfriend do it.)

royalan

The trick is to not be afraid to explore with your natural hair and the shapes it can make, which is something black people are usually told NOT to do.

Like, my mom saw my hair right now, she'd have a fit.

Like, dude in the pic I posted looks like he probably combed out some old twists, and instead of washing it out, sprayed some sheen on it and hit the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom