• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idris looks pretty badass an African warlord

beasts-of-no-nation-elba-550x366.jpg

is that a blue elephant in that man's head

royalan

63% of Americans believe 'blacks who can't get ahead are mostly responsible for their own condition'

America be like "black folks need to pull up them bootstraps...but that ain't none of my business tho"

While I don't deny that a lot of non-blacks (especially conservative non-blacks) believe that black people are responsible for their own lots in life and refuse to take into account the very real and systemic discrimination we face daily still, I still have to say that is one loaded poll.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
no lie my pose game after lifting is gdlk now

flexing like a young polnareff

*flatlines*

63% of Americans believe 'blacks who can't get ahead are mostly responsible for their own condition'

America be like "black folks need to pull up them bootstraps...but that ain't none of my business tho"

smh. edit: Can't even stop to think why things are the way they are.

edit edit: I'm not a fan of this artwork in the slightest, but this Long Live The Queen shit looks dope.

Furyous

Idris looks pretty badass an African warlord

beasts-of-no-nation-elba-550x366.jpg

He looks like Loaded Lux in his battle with Hollow.

The bootstraps argument makes no sense at all. William Darity put in work on this theory of black people, education, and bootstraps. Basically, black people that come from backgrounds and where education is the focus and graduated from college have a far far far more difficult time finding work than
whites
that are uneducated and dropped out of high school. Let that sink in a for a few minutes.

God forbid you live somewhere with prejudiced people or a clear separation between races. It's hard to stay afloat and as someone else mentioned I won't even touch on the real issues. Chances are the person spouting that talking point is privileged. The individual's life is a handout.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Raging so hard right now, ugh

Unblockable first attack, air juggle, stomp, unblockable attack and oh yes let's throw in giant fireball from the belly

I want to throw my PS2 out the window.

BHZ Mayor

Raging so hard right now, ugh

Unblockable first attack, air juggle, stomp, unblockable attack and oh yes let's throw in giant fireball from the belly

I want to throw my PS2 out the window.

You just brought back memories of almost having him KO'd, then he pulls out the stomp followed by the 'fuck yo sidestep' double fireball.

akira28

lol.

Tekken sequel "updates" loses another one.

I'm just glad they never revamped Bryan Fury since he's the only one I main after Tekken 3.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Oh shit, Jinpachi was a fucking nightmare! That damn stop to get you up when you're down used to piss me off so damn much...

I dunno what was worse, that he was so damn crusty looking or that he cheated all the damn time.

royalan

One of my roommates has company staying over for the weekend. The problems:

1) He told us that it was only going to be one person. What he didn't tell us until an hour before they got here was that this one person decided to bring two tag-alongs with them at the last minute.

2) I introduce myself to them when they get here, just being nice. Before I even get a hello, I get "...wow, you're really tall. You must play basketball." These chicks are all white.

3) They're complaining about being hungry, and one girl just straight went up and opened the fridge without asking anyone.

Something tells me I'm going to have to cuss someone out before the weekend is done. If even ONE of my chocolate puddings is missing...

Cat

Jinpachi frustrated me too, but I played enough T5 to get used to handling his attacks. That and I would use Devil Jin's lasers while flying.

1) He told us that it was only going to be one person. What he didn't tell us until an hour before they got here was that this one person decided to bring two tag-alongs with them at the last minute.

2) I introduce myself to them when they get here, just being nice. Before I even get a hello, I get "...wow, you're really tall. You must play basketball." These chicks are all white.

3) They're complaining about being hungry, and one girl just straight went up and opened the fridge without asking anyone.

Something tells me I'm going to have to cuss someone out before the weekend is done. If even ONE of my chocolate puddings is missing...

Lol, sorry to hear that bruh.

Village

Oh shit, Jinpachi was a fucking nightmare! That damn stop to get you up when you're down used to piss me off so damn much...

I dunno what was worse, that he was so damn crusty looking or that he cheated all the damn time.

Well he is old and dead.

He still look crusty in tag 2.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

For some reason this made me laugh really hard, I don't even know why.

Man fuck all that. Visiting family members don't even get to eat without permission. Somebody I don't even know? I'll be damned.

Like Martin said, RESPECT MY HOUSE. Especially since I make it a point to respect anyone elses.

Gorillaz

Probably had one of the worst nights in awhile I had here in Cbus from both family and friends.

I might try to move out of columbus alot faster then planned

Young Magus

Bruh, sorry to hear. Especially number 2, heard that way to much.

Also:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lLvgel2R0g

I got about 30 or so posts in that thread before I bailed. Some dumb ass posts in that one.

And regarding Goenitz, the thing heard most often about him is "Winner is Goenitz". SNK Bosses have no equal in this regard. Rugal was bullshit, OG Geese Howard was bullshit, etc. Alpha-152 from DoA4 was garbage too, and so was the last boss from SC4 in the tower. You had to just hope he'd ring himself out.

FyreWulff

I laugh every time people in Europe or other countries try to pretend their stuff isn't racist because it's part of their culture or some shit.

Much like how every time you see someone post "race isn't an issue in our country", you know they're in Whiteslaviconia where it's 99.99% white

Slayven

I laugh every time people in Europe or other countries try to pretend their stuff isn't racist because it's part of their culture or some shit.

Much like how every time you see someone post "race isn't an issue in our country", you know they're in Whiteslaviconia where it's 99.99% white

Just don't be a Muslim or a gypsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom