• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

hmmm...I knew about designing women, but did not realize that was the same dude from "Mannequin."

535-3.jpg

IMG_5925-e1371770506250-419x295.png

I remember watching the movie as a kid, wondering if people actually acted like that. Yes, Yes they do.
Him and Lamar from Revenge of the nerds flew over my head as a kid. But now I enjoy them as an adult.

royalan

Pacific Rim is one of my favorite movies of the last few years.

Sure, it's got its problems, but its also got a lot of heart. You can tell it was made by people who have a lot of respect for the genre. Really took me back to being a kid racing home to catch Power Rangers after school. Unlike a certain movie that just came out and took itself way too fucking seriously and was boring as sin for it.

Silky

Banned
I haven't seen Pacific Rim or Real Steel yet. I should get around to doing it...

Oh yeah; Weeds' first season is free on Xbox Video. Is it worth checking out, or...?

It's true though. It's the only live action robot movie of the last 10-15 years that's worth a damn. The list opens up a bit if you include animated films. I would throw Pacific Rim in the same category as I,Robot and the original Transformers, ie. incredibly flawed but somewhat entertaining experiences.

Negro u crazy

You was one of those kids that said their uncle going to send them the next nintendo that isn't even out yet.

Nah I didn't even like video games growing up. Prefect weather for any sport= all my time outside around people. Plus I live in Cali. You get exposed to gay people early here.

I got banned and perma juniored by some mod who refused to see (or accept) the sarcasm in my post. All I did was recite, word for word, a guy who posted some ignorant, prejudiced shit before me and that fucker got off scott free while I caught a ban and a permanent tag

I got banned and perma juniored by some mod who refused to see (or accept) the sarcasm in my post. All I did was recite, word for word, a guy who posted some ignorant, prejudiced shit before me and that fucker got off scott free while I caught a ban and a permanent tag

Hahaha. Sometimes confusing a mod is a higher sin than offending one.

I was watching that movie around that age and I knew it.

True story-

I used to watch "Dallas" with my mom on Friday nights back in the 80s. maybe 1985, 1986, somewhere around there. I was probably about 7 or 8.

If you watched that show, you know it was basically a night time soap opera. A lot of racy things going on, and people jumping into bed with each other. Even watching that show every week with people rolling around in bed naked with each other on satin sheets for an hour, I was under the impression that sort of activity was totally fictional, and something that only happened on television- like shooting a car and having it explode, or killing a dude with two fingers because your kung fu was that awesome.

I was so oblivious and preoccupied with comics and nintendo I don't think I discovered what sex was until I was 13, when my parents tossed me a book

hmm...yeah, that'll do it

yup. dead serious. I was that kid that did not give a shit.

edit: look at this timeline.

born in 1978, had an intellivision around 1982, dad comes home with about 50 games for it in 1983 or so, when the local sears was blowing them out for a dollar. thank you, video game crash!

1985 the NES comes out. Dad is a gaming fan so buys one immediately, along with a membership to the local video store shortly afterwards. new games all week, every week.

1989-1990, younger brother wants a genesis, so we get one of those in the house.

1991- Super nintendo. Console war all up in the crib. SNES and a Genesis, only one TV.

Who had time to worry about girls? I had games to beat.

On top of that, had older cousins that got me into comics. Gifted me with a huge collection going back to the late 1970s. 1989 batman hits theatres, and the speculator market blows up. I save almost every dollar I get to run to the comic store once a week, a mile or two away. that lasted until 1995, 1996 or so.

I still have every single one of those comics. carted them around with me through college and afterwards. Had a bit of a scare when I left them in my ex's garage and she told me she sold them all around 2002, 2003 or so. Calls me in 2006 to tell me she lied about that, and to come and pick them all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom