• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Can't figure out why on Earth I get excited over new Resident Evil games. -_- *facepalms*

Revelations has some parts that are more offensive than anything in 5 and 6. I can't understand why people use it like it's an example of a good mix of anything. Like RE 3 Nemesis isn't a better examples of a nice blend of, "whoa...lots of guns n action," and horror scares.

Claire has me curious, cause she's the best character not named Leon. I see they couldn't be assed to give her a better story than a CV rehash tho. :/

Because RE is a great series and even at it's worst it still has great ideas.

REV had problems but it's still fun to play. Jill's early playthroughs are pretty okay. I got irritated doing Chris parts... wolves just UGH

akira28

Gaf proving why game designers never make their female characters look older.

I liked the new soul calibur girls with extra padding though...dat taki...dat ivy...

For maximum posting potential a thread should be posted between 12pm and 4pm EST on a week day.

hahah that's for firestarting, but you're right. there are peak times to hit the most vocal posters. You can't rely on EuroGAF or EasternGAF like you can American weekday gaf

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I could never get into SC

don't know why. considering everything it does and offers - i should love it :/

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Because RE is a great series and even at it's worst it still has great ideas.

REV had problems but it's still fun to play. Jill's early playthroughs are pretty okay. I got irritated doing Chris parts... wolves just UGH

Oh Gawd *big sean voice* fuck those wolves. Lol

ReiGun

For maximum posting potential a thread should be posted between 12pm and 4pm EST on a week day.

I was about to say that doesn't make sense considering people should be at work/school, but given how many people admit they just goof off at work....yeah. I believe it.

Slayven

I liked the new soul calibur girls with extra padding though...dat taki...dat ivy...

hahah that's for firestarting, but you're right. there are peak times to hit the most vocal posters. You can't rely on EuroGAF or EasternGAF like you can American weekday gaf

lol

i mean... you ain't even wrong
Catch them on the launch period or goofing off at work.
I could never get into SC

don't know why. considering everything it does and offers - i should love it :/
The worse thing about SC is the story. Every SC literally starts with "Remember the last time we got rid of that evil sword? Fuck that noise it is back again".

Oldschoolgamer

Lol. True.

Yessir.

I was about to say that doesn't make sense considering people should be at work/school, but given how many people admit they just goof off at work....yeah. I believe it.

Dual monitors on deck bruh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"omg she looks different game ruined!"

Same shit different day.

Don't worry, her breasts will triple by launch. Of this, I am sure. Capcom's Revelation design for Jill was even shittier than her design in 5.

I just wish they'd start with some fresh new characters and locations,. They've already spent their lore, and it's pretty lame when you have someone dealing with it who has already dealt wit hit before. Part of what made RE 2 so great was that Leon just showed up for his first day of work and everything was fucked. And Claire just arrived in town and everything was fucked. The only 'experts on killing zambeys' should be Hunk. And he just gets all his friends killed. Give me a new city with two people who have never been in that situation before and have never even heard of it before.

Oldschoolgamer

They need to start giving out pamphlets to designers of female characters, alerting them to the nearest bushes like it's a timeshare.

Your character doesn't look 18 even tho she's 40? Get comfortable g.

You ain't adding in breast implants? Word to a day-layborer's shears, you bonding with the landscape.

Game journalist? So maybe you can explain why the industry is conspiring to keep the common gamer down. #GamerGate

How else would we build a throne of bodies if we didn't keep you down?
skeletor_trone_filmation.jpg

How amusingly vague. ;)

I'm going to try to watch Kokoro Connect sometime this coming week, by the way. I hope I like it. I saw the manga but I'm not sure whether it is considered good as well, and I might as well watch first.

Fine! 34! You twisted my arm!

I hope you enjoy Kokoro Connect, even if it does end rather abruptly.

Glad to have you in the thread. Is NC Black really a thing?

Not really, but most of my family lives in the Charlotte area, so I identify with the state. I'm the one who stays outside of the nest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Leon looked stupid rocking that haircut in 2012. Like bro you're somebody's dad at this point. It kind of reminded me of that Red Letter Media Star Trek Nemesis review, 'He's got to have the hair or our stupid audience won't know it's him.'

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Don't worry, her breasts will triple by launch. Of this, I am sure. Capcom's Revelation design for Jill was even shittier than her design in 5.

I just wish they'd start with some fresh new characters and locations,. They've already spent their lore, and it's pretty lame when you have someone dealing with it who has already dealt wit hit before. Part of what made RE 2 so great was that Leon just showed up for his first day of work and everything was fucked. And Claire just arrived in town and everything was fucked. The only 'experts on killing zambeys' should be Hunk. And he just gets all his friends killed. Give me a new city with two people who have never been in that situation before and have never even heard of it before.

Well we got a few newbies. Moira now, and Sherry, Jake and Helena were pretty much new. But yeah we could use some more.

I don't really mind the returns tbh. Silent Hill is the game with new characters every game, RE has always been consistent. It's what sets them apart and I like the subtle differences.

The biggest crisis Leon faces is that his ass can't drive worth shit. If he touches a vehicle, it's cursed instantly.

Oldschoolgamer

WHY is it that Leon can't be in one vehicle without it crashing and people dieing? I'm certain that he could be on horseback and still end up causing the horse to explode (like a car) and end up killing 50 people.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
WHY is it that Leon can't be in one vehicle without it crashing and people dieing? I'm certain that he could be on horseback and still end up causing the horse to explode (like a car) and end up killing 50 people.

Omg

I really wouldn't be surprised if a horse exploded because of him.

Mike's death in 4 was magic tho. Leon spoke to him and transferred the curse.

Funniest part is at the end of his campaign in 6, Helena drives the helicopter. Clearly she knew the danger.

Well he didn't crash his jeep in RE2 and he didn't crash his Jetski in RE4...or the boat in RE4....RE6 just made the dude seem incompetent behind the wheel

akira28

gamers, being picked on by the media, being called misogynist and homophobic and racist or something? throw a rock into a pigpen, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is no moment in RE 3, 4, Veronica, whatever like the zombie head turn in RE 1 and the licker appearance in RE 2. That's why I say they need a reboot. MAYBE the Regenerator appearance, but I still think I'm being generous with that. The characters all know WAY too much about their environment. It's like every character is Alice now.

How many good horror movies have characters that know about the existence of these monsters BEFORE the movie starts? Day of the Dead, maybe? Which was more focused on the human element than the monsters. Capcom would get laughed out of the building if they said they were focusing on the 'human element.'

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Well he didn't crash his jeep in RE2 and he didn't crash his Jetski in RE4...or the boat in RE4....RE6 just made the dude seem incompetent behind the wheel

In 2, he crashed the car in the beginning. In 4, the ride he came in went over a cliff (he wasn't in it but it applies LOL).

It's just like Leon and vehicles don't get along. Something bad always happens.

Trey

Just rewatched code geass. It's better than I remembered. Far superior Death Note. It's a legitimately entertaining production.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just rewatched code geass. It's better than I remembered. Far superior Death Note. It's a legitimately entertaining production.

That's why I'm glad I watched it again myself. Its legit entertaining as hell before anything else.

KumaJG

I always imagine Slay broadcasting live from a front porch way out in the sticks. I half expect to hear frogs croaking in the background.

I bet you Slay sit on his porch with a straw hat and overalls singing negro hymns. I imagine Slay Sunday best is a corduroy suit he wore during the civil rights movement.

Other than myself who else live in the northeast ?

Oldschoolgamer

Omg

I really wouldn't be surprised if a horse exploded because of him.

Mike's death in 4 was magic tho. Leon spoke to him and transferred the curse.

Funniest part is at the end of his campaign in 6, Helena drives the helicopter. Clearly she knew the danger.

Poor Mike. Dude just wanted to help.

Those poor cops that drove him into Spain.
Mike in the helicopter

The cop car in RE2.

The curse is real bruh.

There is no moment in RE 3, 4, Veronica, whatever like the zombie head turn in RE 1 and the licker appearance in RE 2. That's why I say they need a reboot. MAYBE the Regenerator appearance, but I still think I'm being generous with that. The characters all know WAY too much about their environment. It's like every character is Alice now.

Nemesis
The Regenerator in RE 4
Whatever it was in the bag, in RE 4.
Chainsaw dude.
The room with the dead scientists in CV.
The dude under the grate yelling, in CV.

Reboot or not, the only reason they haven't been scary is due to them not wanting them to be scary.

Slayven

Code Geass mech designs were straight garbage. Like Jandro came up with them.
I bet you Slay sit on his porch with a straw hat and overalls singing negro hymns. I imagine Slay Sunday best is a corduroy suit he wore during the civil rights movement.

Other than myself who else live in the northeast ?

haha

RedSwirl

I just don't know about Revelations. It reintroduced slices of old RE, but mixed those with an attempt at some action game calling itself Resident Evil that felt completely different from RE4 and 5.

After 6 though I at least think they've already established a new set of characters to do new stories with like the transition from Tekken 2 to Tekken 3.

Pretty much. Might even quote this in the Revelations 2 thread.

In fact this is a problem I have with a lot of Japanese games. As soon as female characters approach anything past 35 they either disappear or figure out a way to stop aging. Nevermind the RE1 characters' having military experience at unrealistically young ages.

In fact, shit, how many games can you think of where you play as a woman over the age of 30?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In fact, shit, how many games can you think of where you play as a woman over the age of 30?

It's a general gaming problem for protagonists. Females tend to cut off at 30 and males cut off at 40. Remember in Nier how they had to make the attractive young male character lead in Japan because they didn't want to play that old dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom