• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

I know. To be honest I've been yearning for some much older protagonists in games, both male and female. Why can't we have a reverse Last of Us relationship?

Shit, why can't we have the gaming equivalent of this:

uFvzU9W.jpg

Something Something not relateable.

"With her oppressive tirade, is Anita Sarkeesian trying to limit male roles in video games? Is she even really a "gamer"? I am jsut asking questions the mainstream gaming media seems to ignore. Who is her main in Smash? Whats her favorite Persona character?"

Yo, we might actually have to do this. The soil is too fertile.

Kreed

I just want games to have better representation for minorities in general.

Then I'm cool with just talking shit and shooting monsters.

This is what bothers me the most about the push back from these gamers towards those of us who want more/better representation. Gaming, in comparison to other forms of entertainment with things like film run time and script constraints, have a lot less limits in regards to representation because the worlds are so big/can be endless. You can give players endless choices in what characters they can play/the world they are dealing with and all these options do nothing but improve the game. But yet these trolls/critics act like these additions will take away from them somehow.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I am shocked no one hasn't got stabbed over fantasy football.

if fistfights break out over madden, then you know shit would get real with fantasy football if there was some connection between the two players

World so fucked that people think a situation that possibly had a strong racial bias is evidence of an exaggerated racial abuse claim because no blacks were shot.

"Yo, I just questioned for trying to unlock my own door!"

"But were you shot?"

J10

Banned
World so fucked that people think a situation that possibly had a strong racial bias is evidence of an exaggerated racial abuse claim because no blacks were shot.

"But were you shot?"

Angelus telling his story earlier:

Whelp, got pulled over and so pissed (at my pizza being cold as shit).

This mofo had me pulled over for about 30 damn minutes!

And I'm just sitting here like

rUAk5b9.png

I thought that game was trash?

NBA2K is that genius who coasts in every class and only gets a C+/B- because they would rather read a book during class than listen to the teacher lecture.

There's no excuse for these struggle servers though, took forever just for me and DY to get a game going.

"But were you shot?"

nobody was shot... wasn't racism, he even apologized!

someone was shot... proceed to victim assassination.

KumaJG

I found it ya'll: Slayvenous' thoughts Origin Story

785101927.jpg

Why these babies looking grown and paying for child support out the womb

fy3wjNX.jpg: small

Black people, when we get a certain age why the hell do our dress code get reduce to jumpsuits, short sets, gators/lofters/dress shoes and sandals

rivers.jpg

BlI9HhICEAAK_M4.jpg:small

Don't act you don't know what I am taking abouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom