• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

7d9b39ac5f6d11cae5a4ecb76b880114-d55b8es.jpg

BHZ Mayor

Mumei
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man […] but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him"
(Today, 09:41 PM)

So I was setting a clan for my site and they have a bunch of pre-set options for picking your clan pic.

kpA5zUI.png

Why do they have every colored fist but the black power fist??!!

Wasup Bungie?

RedSwirl

When I was a kid I liked TMNT3 a lot. That was probably my Japanophilia speaking at the time though (prior to my discovery of anime, this stemmed from watching a bunch of Sho Kosugi movies when I was six). I probably still like that movie, but I haven't seen it in 15+ years. Looking back I do agree TMNT2 is the better movie, but I haven't seen TMNT1 in a minute.

Okay, so this is gonna be a little prejudiced, sorry. But... for those of you that don't care too much when friends of other races say "nigga" (so, MikeB), does it seem like white people are feeling themselves the most?

Like, it's a bit jarring. They sound like they've been waiting every day of their lives to say it. Yet Asians say it and it barely even registers to me. Like, Asian dude's like "niggas are tripping," I'm like "sure." Then I do a mental double-take "wait, you're not black at all!"

...Just my experiences so far.

From experience I hang with really ghetto white people so they say it like you would expect from a black guy.

But the ones that aren't sound really corny for obvious reasons

Do Better

Anybody else up on Extant? They're probably trying to pack in too many sci-fi storylines into one show at once, but I think it's interesting.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It shouldn't, but it does amaze me sometimes how weary people can be of race topics.

They either come in on some serious denial, or come in guns blazing.

G-Fex

Well yeah, Ninja Rap is a fun song. I just wasn't expecting people to cling to it as a defense for TMNT2.

in a way it's the climax to the movie, the big giant highlight.

Gotta admit it's better than watching 3's climax which is just...a guy taking a nose dive off a cliff.

in a way it's the climax to the movie, the big giant highlight.

Gotta admit it's better than watching 3's climax which is just...a guy taking a nose dive off a cliff.

Actually, he fell backwards into the ocean...and the awful special effects didn't even show a splash or anything lol

G-Fex

They never wanted to show the turtles killing anyone I guess.

So instead they made up inconveniences for the shredder or that one guy to die to.

The good ol' trendy late 80's early 90's trend of the villain falling off something and into a firey/concrete/void/watery death

Mumei

Saw the icebreaker jazz up top, decided to join in. Howdy.

Where you're from: Small town in North Carolina, south of Raleigh.

Where you live: Orlando.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Long story short, African-American with some Catawba down the line.

Do you know your roots: To a point.

Your Age: 35

Favorite musical genre: Jazz, hip-hop.

Your profession/major/career interest: I work helpdesk, but I enjoy writing short stories when the mood strikes.

Your religious affiliation: Judaism.
kidding. No affiliation.

Hobbies: Vidya games, reading, writing, traveling.

I can't believe no one said hello. Tsk, tsk, BCT.

Who do you listen to, jazz-wise?

Oh, I guess I never did that introduction thing.

Where you're from- LA
Where you live- DC Metro
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- No clue. North Carolina Black?
Do you know your roots- Not at all
Your Age- 30s
Favorite musical genre- Pop
Your profession/major/career interest- Filthy games journalist
Your religious affiliation- God-ish
Hobbies- Games, Comics, Movies... Entertainment really. I just love entertainment.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I can't believe no one said hello. Tsk, tsk, BCT.

Who do you listen to, jazz-wise?
Leave me alone, I just watched an hour's worth of CM Punk promos and haven't checked this thread during that time. I miss that dude.

Welcome to Operation Caliphate, agent Manilow.

Mumei

Where you're from- LA
Where you live- DC Metro
Your Age- 30s
Hobbies- Games, Comics, Movies... Entertainment really. I just love entertainment.

How amusingly vague. ;)

I'm going to try to watch Kokoro Connect sometime this coming week, by the way. I hope I like it. I saw the manga but I'm not sure whether it is considered good as well, and I might as well watch first.

Leave me alone, I just watched an hour's worth of CM Punk promos and haven't checked this thread during that time. I miss that dude.

Welcome to Operation Caliphate, agent Manilow.

Hahaha. Wasn't even thinking about you!

Mortemis

Banned
I'm going to try to watch Kokoro Connect sometime this coming week, by the way. I hope I like it. I saw the manga but I'm not sure whether it is considered good as well, and I might as well watch first.

It was okay for the most part. The premise was interesting and I liked the first arc, the rest of it started to get a bit boring and too dramatic for my tastes, especially the episodes that came after it got off air.

Im a piece of shit. Ive got drunk and high multiple times with a woman I work with and the sexual attraction I feel toward her is mutual. Been years since Ive been this infatuated with a woman, but shes in a relationship, been with the guy for 8 years. The dude is a controlling asshole who used to beat her, but she's with him, just bought a house with him and however shitty he is, this girl I want is his woman. Fuck.
I know the logical thing to do is nothing, but I see this girl all the time through work (its impossible for us not to interact on some level due to our work responsibilities) and she's a fucking walking checklist of almost everything I lust after in a woman, physically and intellectually, lol.
I guess this is the lust talking, but it annoys me someone as bright as she is determined to stick with the insecure little shit that is her man. They do have a kid, so thats even more reason for me to back the fuck off, but the temptation is strong, shit.

I wouldn't give an alt such an incorrect opinion, I have some self respect.
Weren't you shading ScarJo?
Im a piece of shit. Ive got drunk and high multiple times with a woman I work with and the sexual attraction I feel toward her is mutual. Been years since Ive been this infatuated with a woman, but shes in a relationship, been with the guy for 8 years. The dude is a controlling asshole who used to beat her, but she's with him, just bought a house with him and however shitty he is, this girl I want is his woman. Fuck.
I know the logical thing to do is nothing, but I see this girl all the time through work (its impossible for us not to interact on some level due to our work responsibilities) and she's a fucking walking checklist of almost everything I lust after in a woman, physically and intellectually, lol.
I guess this is the lust talking, but it annoys me someone as bright as she is determined to stick with the insecure little shit that is her man. They do have a kid, so thats even more reason for me to back the fuck off, but the temptation is strong, shit.

Well you could realize that you might never get her and move on...or you could pull a Joe:

ikjqGqzCuivtZ.gif

Where you're from- LA
Where you live- DC Metro
Your Age- 30s

Shieeet good call man, I should do it too

Where you're from- Canadia, alberta
Where you live- Edmonton
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- lol I ain't black tho, Pakistani
Do you know your roots- Yeah I'm brown
Your Age- 24
Favorite musical genre- Young Thug
Your profession/major/career interest- Professional broke student comp sci
Hobbies- Games, Movies, boxing/sparring, basketball

Let that shit go my nig, not worth it

Slayven

Where you're from- LA
Where you live- DC Metro
Your Age- 30s

MHwilliams is one of the good ones,.......from Tokugaf, considering there are like 6 of us. I say we have the highest trill to poster ratio on Gaf.

ReiGun

Where you're from- LA
Where you live- DC Metro
Your Age- 30s
Game journalist? So maybe you can explain why the industry is conspiring to keep the common gamer down. #GamerGate

Saw the icebreaker jazz up top, decided to join in. Howdy.

Where you're from: Small town in North Carolina, south of Raleigh.

Where you live: Orlando.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Long story short, African-American with some Catawba down the line.

Do you know your roots: To a point.

Your Age: 35

Favorite musical genre: Jazz, hip-hop.

Your profession/major/career interest: I work helpdesk, but I enjoy writing short stories when the mood strikes.

Your religious affiliation: Judaism.
kidding. No affiliation.

Hobbies: Vidya games, reading, writing, traveling.

Welcome, its always good to see more triangle people in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom