• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Was just watching the earlier episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, the episode when Will and Carlton get arrested and they have an argument about whether it was just because they were black or not. Man I love this show, its one of those shows that you'd take a break from whatever you're doing if you see an episode is on.

And damn Jado, that's something man.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Boyfriend?

Just yesterday, my live-in GF and I got into a heated argument with some name-calling. She called me a "fucking nigger" a number of times. Not the first time and something she does to try to get under my skin when I've gotten her riled up. It doesn't work and just makes me think less of her.

Her intent doesn't give her any excuses tho and I've told her to stop that shit. I've also had to explain that casually saying nigger (eg. nigger please, nigger why are you up early) isn't funny or appropriate. She tries to be silly and feigns(?) ignorance about how I say it too. I very rarely say "nigga" nowadays and it just comes naturally from my growing up in the Bx amongst many black and Latino friends. I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

This kind of thing doesn't go away over time.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh his post yeah taht is some shit. I refuse to be called a "Nigger" in a non-erotic way in my own house.

IkgMcVg.png

The shit that you say.
T074ztH.png

edit:
This kind of thing doesn't go away over time.

Definitely. Either she'll learn or it'll get worse.

:( @ that situation

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Jado, I'm sorry but she's way out of line for all of that and you know it. She's likely going to keep saying it until you put your foot down and show her you're serious. That she continues to disrespect you speaks volumes about her.

It's none of my business, again I apologize but it bothers me how freely some people think they can use slurs without repercussions.

Kreed

I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

Yeah, it's definitely worse. She needs to learn her history (among other things).

Boyfriend?

Just yesterday, my live-in GF and I got into a heated argument with some name-calling. She called me a "fucking nigger" a number of times. Not the first time and something she does to try to get under my skin when I've gotten her riled up. It doesn't work and just makes me think less of her.

Her intent doesn't give her any excuses tho and I've told her to stop that shit. I've also had to explain that casually saying nigger (eg. nigger please, nigger why are you up early) isn't funny or appropriate. She tries to be silly and feigns(?) ignorance about how I say it too. I very rarely say "nigga" nowadays and it just comes naturally from my growing up in the Bx amongst many black and Latino friends. I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

Oh that's not ok at all.

Sit down and have a talk with her, if she's still stubborn about being an idiot then you've gotta make a choice.

Never let your girl disrespect you. Walk away before you're pushed away.

ReiGun

Sasuke's 11th hour heel turn was hilarious. Had Kakashi's "Dis nigga..." levels off the charts. lol

To Jado and Samara...It's not my place to say, but I would cut these people off. You shouldn't have to put up with someone disrespecting you like that.

Do they even use static in anything?
He, like Beetle, had his own series at the start of the New 52. Also like Beetle, it was shit so they canned it. Now we're all just waiting for him to get tossed onto the Teen Titans or something.

Thanks.

Oh his post yeah taht is some shit. I refuse to be called a "Nigger" in a non-erotic way in my own house.

Slayvin, pls

"Non-erotic"

Goddamnit Slayven you just ain't SHIT man lmao

Jesus Slayven...

Lol

Are we ok with being called nigger in any circumstance? 'Cause I wouldn't be ok with it, erotic or not.

Maybe because I was introduced to the word in my teens.

J10

Banned
Boyfriend?

jJp82nN.jpg

Just saying.

Are we ok with being called nigger in any circumstance? 'Cause I wouldn't be ok with it, erotic or not.

Maybe because I was introduced to the word in my teens.
Slayven is an archive of comic book info and fuckery. His comment was hardening back to a thread about a dude who was getting called nigger in the sack.

Mortemis

Banned
Sasuke's just keeping it real brehs, he coulda been forgiven since this nigga just helped saved the world, but nah he's staying firm to his goals and raising the fist for revolution.

Fuck that new OP chapter though, just as those two get something done, Dofla goes and starts to whoop their asses again. I'm laughing at why he's a villain in the first place though, his dad wouldn't let him have slaves so he teaching the world pain. Lmfao wtf.

Sasuke's just keeping it real brehs, he coulda been forgiven since this nigga just helped saved the world, but nah he's staying firm to his goals and raising the fist for revolution.

Fuck that new OP chapter though, just as those two get something done, Dofla goes and starts to whoop their asses again. I'm laughing at why he's a villain in the first place though, his dad wouldn't let him have slaves so he teaching the world pain. Lmfao wtf.
Haha. Man, Dofla is the biggest piece of shit ever. I love it. Dude should be on wallstreet blowing up economies.

I'm not going to say that this thought can't be found in certain game-related controversies... but yeah.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Capcom about to make the gaming world implode.

Damn they doing magic by having an older female lead who isn't dolled up/waifu material. Naughty Dog woke up devs with TLOU. Made them not so scared to take risks and this is a risk that needs to be made and I'm happy as heck with that.

Capcom has my respect for this 100%.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Capcom about to make the gaming world implode.

Damn they doing magic by having an older female lead who isn't dolled up/waifu material. Naughty Dog woke up devs with TLOU. Made them not so scared to take risks and this is a risk that needs to be made and I'm happy as heck with that.

Capcom has my respect for this 100%.

I've said it before, but all those threads about Claire are fucking embarassing.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I've said it before, but all those threads about Claire are fucking embarassing.

Agreed. She looks amazing to me and besides, it's just showing how superficial gamers can be. The focus is on her looks, not the games potential and hopes for it.

Jado

Banned
Sometimes I'm very rude, selfish, inconsiderate and short-temped and can see how I bring out the worst in someone. If I'm in a foul mood, she can't say two words to me. She says I talk down to her sometimes and believes I think I'm smarter than her. I sometimes smile and laugh a lot when she's frustrated with me (can't help it) and it drives her nuts.

You know when people on GAF say shit like "teen on XBL or woman on camera only did that to get the other person as angry as possible," this is one of those few cases where it's true. She knows about the racism-related stuff I read and we talk about it sometimes. She thinks it will make me as pissed off as I make her if she attacks something I care about.

But I still think she's fucked up. We did have a long talk a couple of months ago where I told her in explicit detail why I think she's racist, narrow-minded and lacking in a certain level of know-how. She's otherwise very quiet and nice, a lot more thoughtful/giving than I am. Better with kids (nephews) and my dog than anyone I know. Regardless, we've been together a long time (8 yrs?) and we have our issues with each other. Still figuring out where the future leads, if this will even work out.

Tuh, I wouldn't bone Claire so I probably couldn't get into playing as her.

I need my pro tags to look sexy. Go to my deviant art page if you need to see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom