• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
This nigga Ging has to be in the top 10 worst father list in anime history

getting all flustered and shit when he sees his son for the first time in years.....thank god he aint black,heh

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Capcom about to make the gaming world implode.

Damn they doing magic by having an older female lead who isn't dolled up/waifu material. Naughty Dog woke up devs with TLOU. Made them not so scared to take risks and this is a risk that needs to be made and I'm happy as heck with that.

Capcom has my respect for this 100%.

fuck claire. where the hell is regina? capcom still has shit to answer for on that one.

getting all flustered and shit when he sees his son for the first time in years.....thank god he aint black,heh

goku is definetely up there. instant transmission and still cant find time to see your damn kids. gone so much his son sees a green dude as his dad

Mortemis

Banned
Not an RE fan, but is Claire the redhead? Cause if so, I fail to see what's wrong with her design. She looks like a normal woman.

Lol, there's the problem.

Claire doesn't look like a doll they'd bang and instead looks normal. Fucking Capcom amirite? Smh at these guys.

Ging makes Goku look like the father of the year. Dude does not give a shit, he's about that "let him live his own way, without me whatsoever" life.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Agreed. She looks amazing to me and besides, it's just showing how superficial gamers can be. The focus is on her looks, not the games potential and hopes for it.

Whoa is me. She doesn't look like she did when she was younger.

I could understand the Jill outrage, somewhat. This? This shit is so superficial and ridiculous.

Did people bring this shit up when Leon was looking older in RE6?

Not gon lie fam. When I saw them boys behind that cage the inner slave me in woke for a minute on some real flight or fight shit. We made it but we needed more people. Moris was in the wilderness and JC had that hamster in a hamster wheel internet connection LOL!!!!

I'm down and will on later.

That Cyclops on Mars tho

I could understand the Jill outrage, somewhat. This? This shit is so superficial and ridiculous.

Or when Chris suddenly gained the body mass of an additional person? Shit. Guys. I think I figured out what happened to Barry...

Boyfriend?

Just yesterday, my live-in GF and I got into a heated argument with some name-calling. She called me a "fucking nigger" a number of times. Not the first time and something she does to try to get under my skin when I've gotten her riled up. It doesn't work and just makes me think less of her.

Her intent doesn't give her any excuses tho and I've told her to stop that shit. I've also had to explain that casually saying nigger (eg. nigger please, nigger why are you up early) isn't funny or appropriate. She tries to be silly and feigns(?) ignorance about how I say it too. I very rarely say "nigga" nowadays and it just comes naturally from my growing up in the Bx amongst many black and Latino friends. I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

I know the feelings.

Preciate this.

I don't see how that's subconscious, dude equated her to his dog…

Fucking this. I thought that as well.

Jado

Banned
What's going on with Capcom?

And isn't Notch from Mojang the guy who threw a fit when Facebook bought Oculus?

ntfpQDV.png

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Tuh, I wouldn't bone Claire so I probably couldn't get into playing as her.

I need my pro tags to look sexy. Go to my deviant art page if you need to see what I mean.

Omg

fuck claire. where the hell is regina? capcom still has shit to answer for on that one.

Regina is from Dino Crisis LOL

Lol, there's the problem.

Claire doesn't look like a doll they'd bang and instead looks normal. Fucking Capcom amirite? Smh at these guys.

Yep. I'm surprised Capcom is the one to make this move but damn I'm proud of them.

She looks very similar to her youth to me. You can tell she's older is all.

Actually yeah, there's people who don't like RE6 Leon because he doesn't look young anymore. It's really childlike.

Although, there's definitely more acceptance for older Leon than Claire aging.

I don't like young girl pants design in RE. Look like she wearing a diaper.

I think it's the angle.

Or when Chris suddenly gained the body mass of an additional person? Shit. Guys. I think I figured out what happened to Barry...

Well they did this to Ike too for his new appearance in Smash 4, but generally people think Chris looks better older. But they superbly hate whenever Jill or Claire aren't to their tastes.

RedSwirl

Yep. I'm surprised Capcom is the one to make this move but damn I'm proud of them.

Is it just me or are Japanese developers in general more likely to do female protagonists?

They have their own problems of course: rarely doing protagonists over the age of 18, dolling up what female protagonists they do have, etc. They fall into their own traps but are still way more willing to greenlight female protagonists period. As for Claire, when is the last time you've had a female playable character in a game over the age of 30? The only one I can think of ever is FemShep which doesn't count as much because it's from a character creator.

Jado

Banned
Turns out he became okay with it a few weeks ago. I wonder when those talks with Microsoft started heating up, hmmmmmmmmmm...

Yup, I saw that article too and immediately drew the same connection when the Mojang sale was announced. Knowing he's about do the exact same thing as Palmer Luckey, dude knew he had some massive backpedaling to do so he goes and suddenly changes his old stance on FB/Oculus. The selling out part doesn't bug me so much. It's his whole better-than-thou shithead attitude and dragging others through the mud before it's time for him to get paid.

I think I've read nigger on here in the last 2 pages more times then I've said it over the last 5 years

I blame the movie industry for stealing peoples souls and trapping them in their cameras to show people

Mortemis

Banned
Is there an shonen that isn't Dy level in fatherhood?

A big thing about shonen is finding your own way, and usually they don't have parents to show them the way. Naruto's dad died when he was an infant, Luffy's dad was never there, Ichigo at least has a dad that's there, who knows wtf Natsu is or if he has parents, etc etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i didnt hear any Gaf outrage in Virtua Fighter 5 when Vanessa had her skin lightened to milk.

But Claire ages? OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG

I'm really upset, still, about Vanessa's VF4->VF5 look. She still looks badass, but...it ain't right. And it would have been nice in RE5 if Sheva hadn't been lightened as well.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
She looks very similar to her youth to me. You can tell she's older is all.

Actually yeah, there's people who don't like RE6 Leon because he doesn't look young anymore. It's really childlike.

Although, there's definitely more acceptance for older Leon than Claire aging.

I agree. I should have put that in quotes. lol

cdyhybrid

Yup, I saw that article too and immediately drew the same connection when the Mojang sale was announced. Knowing he's about do the exact same thing as Palmer Luckey, dude knew he had some massive backpedaling to do so he goes and suddenly changes his old stance on FB/Oculus. The selling out part doesn't bug me so much. It's his whole better-than-thou shithead attitude and dragging others through the mud before it's time for him to get paid.

I have no problem with selling out at all. I'd sell out so fast for $2B. I'd like to think I wouldn't pretend I was doing otherwise though. I guess I'll never know unless I'm in a position like that.

KumaJG

Is there an shonen that isn't Dy level in fatherhood?

Father from Blue Exorcist

Isshin from Bleach

I can argue Monkey D. Dragon , father from Shokugeki no Soma and Silve Spoon are good

Akio Furukawa from Clannad

Maes Hughes from FMA

Ichiyuru from Toriko

That guy from Neon Genesis

i didnt hear any Gaf outrage in Virtua Fighter 5 when Vanessa had her skin lightened to milk.

But Claire ages? OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG

The ones upset about Claire are a lot less likely to know or care about Vanessa-in fact, if you showed them a comparison they would probably say it was a great marketing decision and she's "relatable" now

And I was always under the impression Mayuri straight-up built Nemu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom