• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's white btw. I just said, 'uh...ok not funny' he then apologised. I told him later on by text that I needed time off and a some more respect. He said sorry and that he didn't mean it, loves me, so and so. Never called myself 'I'm a bad bitch yo' so I dont know where this came from. Was just insensitive of him.

Feels bad, man.

And a strong need to sing Aretha's R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Oh hell nah

It's not really even that anymore. Now it's just a shitty news site where a lot of the stories posted are related to sex and sexuality.

image.php

He's white btw. I just said, 'uh...ok not funny' he then apologised. I told him later on by text that I needed time off and a some more respect. He said sorry and that he didn't mean it, loves me, so and so. Never called myself 'I'm a bad bitch yo' so I dont know where this came from. Was just insensitive of him.

Feels bad, man.

Sorry you're dealing with that sort of disrespect.

Stuff like that is hard cause it makes it feel like you had some role in it: "am I a poor judge of character?", "is everyone really like this when comfortable?", or "am I just being too sensitive?" Well it's hard, everyone isn't like that and you are right to feel disrespected.

I am, admittedly, morbidly curious how OT would respond to this...

Sorry you're dealing with sort of disrespect.

Stuff like that is hard cause it makes it feel like you had some role in it: "am I a poor judge of character?", "is everyone really like this when comfortable?", or "am I just being too sensitive?" Well it's hard, everyone isn't like that and you are right to feel disrespected.

I am, admittedly, morbidly curious how OT would respond to this...

"He said he loves you, stop overreacting OP"

"You are black though, right?"

(link to Wikipedia entry for bitch, or screencap of Webster's definition)

"What kind of dog was it?"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Feels bad, man.

I'm sure you have some bushes around you, yes? Throw him in them.

Sucks that you have to deal with that bullshit.

Mayuri's going to need to take a better tone with me tho. Might have to beat that ass for honor, after the rest of these SR scrubs get worked.

Naruto could have wrapped on a high note, but no they had to keep it real.

When has Sasuke never kept it real? He's an asshole and admits as so every time he gets a chance.

This is the same ninja who said on day one, my sole purpose in life is to kill my brother. Fuck with me.

No one showed him love and tried to use him for their own purposes. Now he's the strongest ninja "alive" (until the next chapter). He wants to
make the world in his image
. I say, let's see what you got son.

DominoKid

My dude Sasuke always going into business for himself. After seeing how salty he was about Kakashi stealing his shine it was obvious he was about to do some fuck shit.

RP912

Banned
KOF98 Final Edition coming to steam brehs

Im ready

It all began in 94.
Kept on rollin' in 95.
Pieces were in place in 96.
Then came to an end in 97.
Now it comes and here we go.
KOF is here again.
Nothing's gonna stop, 'cause it's 1998.

FUCK YES :D

Jado

Banned
Took pics of me and his dog. Asked what he would put as a description under said pics.

Boyfriend?

Just yesterday, my live-in GF and I got into a heated argument with some name-calling. She called me a "fucking nigger" a number of times. Not the first time and something she does to try to get under my skin when I've gotten her riled up. It doesn't work and just makes me think less of her.

Her intent doesn't give her any excuses tho and I've told her to stop that shit. I've also had to explain that casually saying nigger (eg. nigger please, nigger why are you up early) isn't funny or appropriate. She tries to be silly and feigns(?) ignorance about how I say it too. I very rarely say "nigga" nowadays and it just comes naturally from my growing up in the Bx amongst many black and Latino friends. I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

I'm hoping to get to or close to level 20 in Destiny tonight after work. This game is so fucking good, man. I played a fuck ton of PvP in the beta, but I'm waiting a bit until I get a better gun before I venture back in again.

AR's still rule the PvP and I couldn't hang in the Beta until I got the perfect Scout Rifle for me. Still haven't found that gun yet.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Feels bad, man.

Oh my God

I can't even fathom how anyone would think this was okay.

Good on you for demanding respect.

Trey

Samara's man when he has to tell his white friends he's no longer affiliated

man-crying.jpg

Boyfriend?

Just yesterday, my live-in GF and I got into a heated argument with some name-calling. She called me a "fucking nigger" a number of times. Not the first time and something she does to try to get under my skin when I've gotten her riled up. It doesn't work and just makes me think less of her.

Her intent doesn't give her any excuses tho and I've told her to stop that shit. I've also had to explain that casually saying nigger (eg. nigger please, nigger why are you up early) isn't funny or appropriate. She tries to be silly and feigns(?) ignorance about how I say it too. I very rarely say "nigga" nowadays and it just comes naturally from my growing up in the Bx amongst many black and Latino friends. I feel like coming from her it's also much worse because of her Mexican background (Native American/Spanish) vs. my Caribbean background (African/Spanish).

:(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It all began in 94.
Kept on rollin' in 95.
Pieces were in place in 96.
Then came to an end in 97.
Now it comes and here we go.
KOF is here again.
Nothing's gonna stop, 'cause it's 1998.

FUCK YES :D

I heard all that. Fuck. And i was a capcom fanboy back in the day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom