• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The story is trash but if you're buying games for the story in 2014 you been losing for a while. And if you have no friends, don't even play Destiny. Real shit. In that instance, it us entirely Vanilla Diablo 3. If you have friends, any interest in PvP - it's fun as fuck.

As for Jado's stuff... I've been in that situation before. You can be with someone for a long fucking time and still be blindsided - or have your SO forgive and work with you, giving you moments like those to return the favor so to speak. That's a personal judgement call though. What everyone calls progression isn't the same and neither is tolerance. I know at this point in my life, I'd cut people like that off but I can also say that I've cut way too many people off too soon as well.

It's not black and white though when it's someone you've had a longstanding relationship with. Whether its a decision you regret or appreciate later on though is really a roll of the dice.

Gorillaz

Alot of things can be done to make it a bit better tho. More flexible chat options, mission change ups, etc... I think the problem for me comes from the fact my group (outside of gaf) that I use to roll with all got tired up in life shit or works completely different hours then me, which makes the fireteam shit kind of rough. I mean I can ask randoms in the tower but...nah. Also don't really feel like going through all the stuff for gaf team ups. So I've done some shit solo

I feel like I got my 60 from it tho, just wish PVP had more shit like capture the flag or more small team game modes. Mentioned it in the OT but it's shocking that in a sense they are lacking in PVP objectives after coming off of the Halo series where they had a shit load of options

DY_nasty

Alot of things can be done to make it a bit better tho. More flexible chat options, mission change ups, etc... I think the problem for me comes from the fact my group (outside of gaf) that I use to roll with all got tired up in life shit or works completely different hours then me, which makes the fireteam shit kind of rough. I mean I can ask randoms in the tower but...nah. Also don't really feel like going through all the stuff for gaf team ups. So I've done some shit solo

I feel like I got my 60 from it tho, just wish PVP had more shit like capture the flag or more small team game modes. Mentioned it in the OT but it's shocking that in a sense they are lacking in PVP objectives after coming off of the Halo series where they had a shit load of options

DY_nastyIV

I'm gonna be playing the shit out of this all weekend and I've been in enough games and podcasts for everyone here to add me

(I really don't fuck with the GAF clan like that ever since Beta - ScareGoat knows what's up lol. Dude's were having panic attacks getting fucked up in PvP just making the whole experience trifling as fuck)

KumaJG

How is the progression system? Tons of skill/build paths like Borderlands? For part if I do get the game I will be playing solo since I am an asocial gamer at heart.

Up to level 22 on Destiny. Got my money's worth, but the game has some bizarre ass design decisions and the story is hot leaky ass juice.

PvP is...competent. Not great, not terrible, just fine in short bursts with friends. It reminds me of the PvP that get thrown on to Bioshock 2 or Timeshift or some shit, with like 6 maps and 4 modes or whatever. Fun with friends, but then again everything is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So for all you people who have put some time into it, does Destiny seem like something people are going to stick with, or is it another Titanfall that people are going to forget in two months?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So for all you people who have put some time into it, does Destiny seem like something people are going to stick with, or is it another Titanfall that people are going to forget in two months?

Honestly, I think people will be looking for something else in a couple months. It's fine, it's just not quite...it doesn't have any sort of must-play feel.

Gorillaz

I have you already I think DY..I think I still need to add JC and the others.

I would say it greatly depends on post launch content.

DY_nasty

Considering Titanfall JUST got 6v6 pilots a month ago I'd take my chances with Destiny lol

Got to level 6 on warlock last night. I can see why people would be turned off, but I don't mind a challenge/late bloomer class (still making a titan tho)

Gotta add more people tonight after work.

where"s the cake soap thread?

nvm, was looking in ot

Mortemis

Banned
Got to level 12 and this game is starting to get more fun, now that I'm done with the shit I did in the beta. Haven't gotten that much time to dit down and level up some more.

With shit like smash and Bayo 2 dropping soon I can't see myself on this game for a long time though.

Trey

Got to level 12 and this game is starting to get more fun, now that I'm done with the shit I did in the beta. Haven't gotten that much time to dit down and level up some more.

With shit like smash and Bayo 2 dropping soon I can't see myself on this game for a long time though.

Gotta find a good GAF group. I love GW2 but the value of that game multiplied twenty fold because of GAFguild. A pool of 20-30 people to do things in game with at any moment is priceless.

Slayven

I just want Dragon Age

Yo your back log is crazy

39133_01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom