• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
I don't get the Cancun joke. Is it a reference to something deeper/obscure or just a simple play on words (can coon)?

I don't get the Cancun joke. Is it a reference to something deeper/obscure or just a simple play on words (can coon)?

This stuff literally writes itself.

-Can't get on Destiny tonight gotta do some stuff for work. Yo; DY my boy I was running with a few days ago convinced me to do the moon strike wit em....... I wasn't ready.

Slayven

I want to start collecting "Dis nigga" faces.

tumblr_nb63411dwY1sbyfrwo1_400.png

Kraftwerk

Was my birthday today. Good times were had. Hiking, swimming, good dinner and some drinks.

I'm from Afghanistan, and my uncles are warlords, so I guess I get to post this;

F0zyv.jpg

Slayven

Was my birthday today. Good times were had. Hiking, swimming, good dinner and some drinks.

I'm from Afghanistan, and my uncles are warlords, so I guess I get to post this;

F0zyv.jpg

Not going to lie, I forgot ti was 9/11. I felt kind of bad when they happen to mention it on tv and reminded me.

Besides making a snarky remark (looking for attention and reposts) that ignored everything I said in favor of a gross oversimplification of the situation, what is he right about? That I should dump her? That I'm not worthy enough by some mysterious standards to call out racists or other fucked up situations?

Going by that exchange with hars0n and now this, phoenix enjoys sitting on some really high horse, carefully scrutinizing and judging who can or cannot be qualified to talk about serious racial issues. Maybe, like with hars0n, he'll call me out as a "hypocrite" four years from now in a random racism thread or future BCT, primarily for more snark and self-adulation. I'm sure he's keeping track of any so-called slip up. That'll show me.

Fair, enough. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Mortemis

Banned
Not going to lie, I forgot ti was 9/11. I felt kind of bad when they happen to mention it on tv and reminded me.

I wasn't even thinking about it this whole week, kinda forgot too. So this morning I check twitter and wonder why the conspiracy theorists are out in full force, then I remember.

Slayven

I wasn't even thinking about it this whole week, kinda forgot too. So this morning I check twitter and wonder why the conspiracy theorists are out in full force, then I remember.

I don't think it is a bad thing. If we wallow in despair we just become phantoms. As long as we respect history we will be alright.

KumaJG

I don't think it is a bad thing. If we wallow in despair we just become phantoms. As long as we respect history we will be alright.

I still remember what I doing when 9/11 happen. I was in middle school math class. This girl was playing with my dimple when it came up on TV. I didn't believe it was real until I got home.

G-Fex

In a way i'm glad I didn't post a picture I was going to for that miyamoto 'too samey' thread in gaming side.

I couldn't handle another dogpile after I said stuff about dark souls.

Slayven

Folks on Instagram act so thirsty they probably sweat dust
Same time you know there are dudes and chicks that fronting because they got 110 followers on instangram. "Fuck you, they said my edges was tight. I don't need this job I could be a model."

I still remember what I doing when 9/11 happen. I was in middle school math class. This girl was playing with my dimple when it came up on TV. I didn't believe it was real until I got home.
I remember I was getting ready for work.

In a way i'm glad I didn't post a picture I was going to for that miyamoto 'too samey' thread in gaming side.

I couldn't handle another dogpile after I said stuff about dark souls.
You can't say shit about Nintendo, not even if they were burning orphans in the streets. And you were talking ill about Dark Souls, in public? You lucky you still alive.

G-Fex

You can't say shit about Nintendo, not even if they were burning orphans in the streets. And you were talking ill about Dark Souls, in public? You lucky you still alive.

You're right.

Oh I wasn't going to talk bad about Nintendo, I was going to talk about some other games.

Jado

Banned

F0zyv.jpg

It's my dog's bday. He was ecstatic and we had a nice day eating cupcakes.

I was in HS in the Bx during 9/11. Really crazy day even miles away from ground zero. Principal came on the loudspeaker early in the day and it was like a tense movie unfolding.

Not following that thread, but Nintendo makes a lottt of samey games. I'll fend off 100 fanboys saying otherwise. Dark Souls is a game for young guys with a ton of free time.

Slayven

This G-Easy dude is hot garbage, how the fuck is he even getting popular? (rhetorical question).
He sounds like all that other ratchet stuff out there. But more real then iggy.

You're right.

Oh I wasn't going to talk bad about Nintendo, I was going to talk about some other games.

I jsut can't fuck with platformers anymore. I played them too death in the Genesis/SNES days. Rogue Legacy is the first one that has something to say in a long time.

KumaJG

It's my dog's bday. He was ecstatic and we had a nice day eating cupcakes.

I was in HS in the Bx during 9/11. Really crazy day even miles away from ground zero. Principal came on the loudspeaker early in the day and it was like a tense movie unfolding.

Not following that thread, but Nintendo makes a lottt of samey games. I'll fend off 100 fanboys saying otherwise. Dark Souls is a game for young guys with a ton of free time.

I like the BX. Spent my springbreak there doing community service. Goodtimes.

Jado

Banned
you can beat dark souls in like 4hrs.

FOUR? How? Between the leveling up, dozens of deaths, brutal boss fights, backtracking and running thru the same areas to get back to where you died...

I never would've found that drake sword without looking it up by accident. I must be getting "old" with slower reflexes. Always notice how the best players in any new game are late teens, maybe early 20s. I used to push thru and beat some really difficult NES games back then. Now I just turn a game off and walk away if it's asking for too much.

ReiGun

I keep forgetting SNL is on the air. I swear it is only on because of inertia.I feel like SNL is a step down from the Daily Show.

That shit apparently still gets ratings, but damned if I know who's watching. I have like one friend who swears by it but I don't even chuckle when I watch.

I miss MadTV and In Living Color.

DominoKid

my News Feed is on fire about these folks from our HS that ended up on the new WSHH Fight Comp (last vid, the IHOP fight). given what i already heard about it when it happened, on one hand i wish the vid was better quality to actually see it but it's probably better that it's not.

How can people get more upset about Ray Rice situation than the Christy Mack situation.

0Cmnv.png
i cant believe you even have to ask.

ReiGun

How can people get more upset about Ray Rice situation than the Christy Mack situation.

Ray Rice is more famous than either Mack or her ex and in a field more publicly acceptable to talk about. More talk = more people upset.

Then there's Mack's profession, which makes her instant trash in a lot of people's minds so they don't care what happens to her.

As for the dudes, people ain't going to go to bat for a UFC fighter they would a pro football player cause most people do not give a fuck about UFC. Won't see to much of this fuckery for War Machine:

BxQZS79CUAAFmy8.jpg

Infinite

There isn't any real point in asking that question. The people who are angry about the ray rice situation will likely not stand for domestic abuse at all. The Ray Rice situation is not just a ray rice situation. It's damning to the whole league considering how it was handled by them and that domestic abuse and violence against women is the number one thing nfl players get arrested for.

Jado

Banned
Plus you have video in one of these situations which always brings in more eyes and attention. In the same way, Eric Garner chokehold video made it a bigger media story. I feel the convenience store video also had a resonating effect in Mike Brown/Ferguson situation (although a negative one).

KumaJG

I can't find myself to feel bad for Ray Rice wife. A human being have a threshold of what they can take. I wouldn't be surprise if this wasn't new to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom