• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Got a code off my mans.

3WCmIRH.gif

I'd be shocked if Bayonetta 2 wasn't my personal GOTY. The first one was for me back in 2009/'10, and the sequel looks like the same thing, but more and better. I'll take it, thanks P*

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't take anyone seriously after they say Asscreed in any year was GoTY
People expecting GOTY before even playing things, I cant. The epitome of hype right there.

You're just mad because your K/D is a memory

Silky

Banned
My GOTY will probably be Sunset Overdrive orrr Super Time Force. Didnt play a lot tuis year that impressed me that released this year.

Garden Warfare is still phenomenal.

I hope they give us a cool story or some better cutscenes and some actual characters in destiny 2. The missions are fun with friends but they're just kill the horde shit, give us objectives and crazy scripted scenarios and we finna eat

Anyways how many here are playing on ps4?

Psn: TheWaqman

I'm on ps4, PSN ID: breakfacex

I'll be on later, tried to pull 24 hours but the brain said no. Smash is on sale at the electro-bodega in a few hours too.

Did a few hours of crucible and the spider tank mission, fuck working w/randoms on shit like that-_-

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Hey I said probably.

I can't think of many games I want the rest of this year, save Smash and maybe two more that I'm sure won't make the cut. So that's why it's more likely than anything else...

Mortemis

Banned
call it goty when you never played it brehs

Eh, as of right now my goty is dark souls 2 even though I didn't like it all that much, mostly because I haven't played many games this year. I have no doubt it'll change though, just not sure which game it'll be.

GOTY is Destiny, but if Dragon Ages MP is good...

Also, finally moving back to So Cal. Lease signed, house ready in 2 weeks. I'm about to celebrate with some Mexican food.

Always wondered that my self.

Tritto.

I note that most black people have humorous corporal punishment stories, that sound really fucked up when you think about them after the fact. I remember telling my girlfriend one story and thinking afterwards, "Huh. That was kind of fucked-up."

KumaJG

The demo is literally coming out next week. I rather import the full game before I pay for a demo.

You are not my intended audience. Smash is selling from 50 to 100 Ebay. Shit is digital crack

GOTY is Destiny, but if Dragon Ages MP is good...

Also, finally moving back to So Cal. Lease signed, house ready in 2 weeks. I'm about to celebrate with some Mexican food.

Chimichangas soooo damn gooooiod. Best food in the world.

Slayven

Tritto.

I note that most black people have humorous corporal punishment stories, that sound really fucked up when you think about them after the fact. I remember telling my girlfriend one story and thinking afterwards, "Huh. That was kind of fucked-up."
That is why i plead the fifth.
I know you ain't talking shit about anyone's taste when you regularly play Hyperdimension Pedophilia.

Don't hate that it's a better series than one are stanning for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tried playing that Hyperdimension Neptunia shit the other year. "Well I can't hate it if I don't try it" I tried and hated that piece of shit now I'm on a pedo list, thanks Slay

Silky

Banned
But but vince they arent underage! Theyre 500+ years old!!

Disregarding Neptunia's obvious selling point the rest of the game is generic trash.

I'm always thinking about that shit. Black people taking pride in how bad their parental guardians beat them, trying to one-up each other's stories about that one time their Grandad took their belt off right there in Wal-Mart one time or the time he kept telling me on the long drive home how he was tear my ass up when he got back. That mutual black people look when we see white people kids talking back to their parents, like "breh I wish I would have done that, my mommy would have slapped the shit out of me"

Slayven

I tried playing that Hyperdimension Neptunia shit the other year. "Well I can't hate it if I don't try it" I tried and hated that piece of shit now I'm on a pedo list, thanks Slay

But but vince they arent underage! Theyre 500+ years old!!

Disregarding Neptunia's obvious selling point the rest of the game is generic trash.
Not even going to defend against haters

I'm always thinking about that shit. Black people taking pride in how bad their parental guardians beat them, trying to one-up each other's stories about that one time their Grandad took their belt off right there in Wal-Mart one time or the time he kept telling me on the long drive home how he was tear my ass up when he got back. That mutual black people look when we see white people kids talking back to their parents, like "breh I wish I would have done that, my mommy would have slapped the shit out of me"

First time you over your white friend's house and they say something like "Leave me alone mom, I am not going to do that".

You turned into an extra from Roots "Don't be talking to the missus like that, you going to get us kilt!!"

Trey

My nigga I remember when my father threatened me with the dog's collar if I didn't do x.

I taught myself multi variable calculus that afternoon to do x, y, z and the rest of the alphabet just to avoid that fade.

It really is something how some of us look back on those situations with nostalgia.

harSon

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOoMD6disZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcePxjFujs

Yeah, that's the kind of shit I'm talking about.

"That's no threat, that's a promise." Heard that one.

KumaJG

I can see this conversation happening:

Your parents beat you with a switch? My mom beat me with a broom. Oh yeah, I got bop with a curling iron. Ya'll stories weak, my parents shot me.

Slay didn't you buy hyperdimension full price? You gotta do better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Predicting GOTYs without playing games is how we get to Metacritic 74 meltdowns

Trust no game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom