• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
My professor walked into class wearing a pair of jeans that had me like
dHvZtjB.png
all afternoon.

I couldn't concentrate.

One of my professors is a fucking hollywood producer and the guy wears jeans that are straight up from K-Mart.

ReiGun

I got a couple welts that were gone in hours. My mother also didn't need to beat us much. I was a pretty quiet child, and my mother was intimidating enough to keep me and my sister in line.

It is pretty interesting/sad to listen to others tell their whopping stories and hit that moment where you're just like "Yo...you were abused."

If you going to start whooping your kids, there has to be a minimum age.
I've heard of people hitting kids as young as two years old.

My mom tried to spank me but once she realized I didn't give a fuck and would take those hits she just stopped.

I can't bare to see my son cry. There is no way I could ever hit him.

Nakazato

Said those marks were there for like a week too? fuck that

worst shit I ever got, marks were gone before that and I wasn't in preschool either
Yea I only had them an hour at most and I was at least 8

But I remember my mom told me her mom took a power cord from a lamp and beat her so bad the welt stayed 3 weeks or so needless to say my mom didn't go to school for weeks.

KumaJG

I got a couple welts that were gone in hours. My mother also didn't need to beat us much. I was a pretty quiet child, and my mother was intimidating enough to keep me and my sister in line.

It is pretty interesting/sad to listen to others tell their whopping stories and hit that moment where you're just like "Yo...you were abused."

I've heard of people hitting kids as young as two years old.

Even younger that, my grandmother and I had to cuss out my brother for spanking his son, who is still a baby.

ReiGun

Kids are the only ones you can beat for any reason at all and most likely get away with it. They ain't gonna call the cops on you, and unless there's truly serious injuries, adults are likely to take your side if they do tell.

Even younger that, my grandmother and I had to cuss out my brother for spanking his son, who is still a baby.
Christ.

Yeah, some people really do think it's "beat child; get model adult citizen."

Said this in the thread (and of course it goes ignored), but my mom and I talked about it after i grew up. I'm an only child and my dad broke out, so she just went with what she knew, and she felt bad about it even then-even as a kid, I could tell.

I love kids and know spanking/whooping isn't necessary to discipline. It's not about supporting abuse when we talk about experiences, it's about acknowledging them and recognizing the good and bad that came out of them, and making things better for the following generations.

Malyse

Kids are the only ones you can beat for any reason at all and most likely get away with it. They ain't gonna call the cops on you, and unless there's truly serious injuries, adults are likely to take your side if they do tell.

Christ.

Yeah, some people really do think it's "beat child; get model adult citizen."

Spare the rod spoil the child.

----

Today in "I didn't know they were part black"

my eternal crush, Troian Bellisario

Jennifer Beals

And Pete Wentz!
actually I did know about that one

Jado

Banned
I think my GOTY is A Link Between Worlds (didn't play it in 2013). Haven't really played anything from this year that's amazing.

DominoKid

I knew the other two but I didnt know the chick from PLL was part black. Damn near every chick on that show is fine.Show is dumb as fuck but I like it.

G-Fex

well my rig can't really handle Injustice, guess i'll be holding the L's today.

Do we got enough Evil Within hype threads in gaming side? :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
well my rig can't really handle Injustice, guess i'll be holding the L's today.

Do we got enough Evil Within hype threads in gaming side? :p

At least it's not another Bayonetta "operation" thread

Mumei

The comments tho

the dislike to like ratio tho...

I think the exact same content without the pizazz might have gone over better-assuming people were actually listening

Perhaps. Kids aren't always the best speakers, after all.

But Slow Clap -> YOU GET A COOKIE! is worth it all.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Thanks. :D

I don't think I asked this before but with the previous Smash games, did any of you have mains (most of my friends played with anyone haha)

I mained Kirby, Olimar, King Dedede and Wolf. My friends hate King Dedede to this day because of me hahaha

I don't think I asked this before but with the previous Smash games, did any of you have mains (most of my friends played with anyone haha)

I mained Kirby, Olimar, King Dedede and Wolf. My friends hate King Dedede to this day because of me hahaha

Ness and Luigi from 64 on. Looking at Greninja now

cdyhybrid

I don't main characters. I had characters I liked more than others but no mains.

ReiGun

In Melee, I used Peach, Marth, and Sheik. In Brawl, I used those first two plus Sonic, Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Pikachu, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Ganondorf, Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer (really just Squirtle). Brawl never felt quite right to me, so I used a ton of characters to keep it fun.

Trey

Pikachu. His up Smash is godlike.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Pokemon trainer was dope. I liked Bulbasaur.

Wanna talk deadly characters? Pikachu, Peach, Ike and Meta Knight. Luigi too because of the chop LOL

Slayven

I love how Japan does everything so nice and orderly. I bet when their police toss a place, they wrap everything in bubblewrap so nothing gets broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom