• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
fQ7WD3x.jpg

So 2 weeks ago Destiny was the best thing since air and now that the reviews are coming out, "yep knew it would be average"

lmao gaming side

Hype trains are hype trains and at some point they gotta reach the end of the line.

It's repetitive as hell but I like the gameplay. I can't deny the lack of variety is disappointing.

Nakazato

Yes its getting shit on. But can say it doesn't deserve it this ga!e should be C game it's average as hell and even through beta it told my ppl that I don't think the game is good I not buying it just a rent from me and now while playing the full game I just want to return it. So happy I didn't buy the 80 dollar digital deluxe edition now

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm just having a good time playing talking shit w/other forum members while shooting aliens in the face. I don't ask for much.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If raids are all they are being hyped up to be I can see Destiny having legs into the the foreseeable future, perhaps more so than Titanfall. At the end of the day it's just about personal enjoyment, critical acclaim doesn't mean shit if you are having fun.

The thing is, 74 isn't that bad of a score. That's above average.

The odd part about Destiny is after a while, the game just blends into the background and it's just a online chatroom with shooting. With no friends? Shit is boring as hell.

Shoot the same aliens over and over with friends.

"We want to get away from Halo."

Okay Bungie.

Slayven

Somebody should create a fantasy gamer site. You draft games, systems, studios, and publishers. You get points on sells, reviews, etc.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I think the game will be better to come back to when they release more content for it. I'll buy the game when they release the GotY version with all the expansions so I have more stuff to do, but at this point I'm certain Sony could care less whether the game is shit. They getting paid.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm just having a good time playing talking shit w/other forum members while shooting aliens in the face. I don't ask for much.

I've barely played and I know its some good shit. We've known what to expect since the beta, some people just got insane expectations for some reason.

The problem is that this game has a lot of potential and its just not ready to live up to that. Destiny 2 or 3 can be some seriously great shit.

I've barely played and I know its some good shit. We've known what to expect since the beta, some people just got insane expectations for some reason.

The problem is that this game has a lot of potential and its just not ready to live up to that. Destiny 2 or 3 can be some seriously great shit.

I don't think it's insane to expect more variety at all personally. I have fun with the game but it's straight up boring so far. Collect this, things spawn here, it's got no dynamic element. Yawn mode.

Yeah, beta is where I checked out. It's all well-designed, but it feels a bit boring and soulless.

The AC1 comparisons seem apt to me.

cdyhybrid

So 2 weeks ago Destiny was the best thing since air and now that the reviews are coming out, "yep knew it would be average"

lmao gaming side

Business as usual for Gaming side :lol

I'm glad people are enjoying it though. Would be sad if it got all that hype and everyone hated it.

I hate gaming discussions because you have to either love a game or hate it.

It's possible to see potential in a game, make your own fun in it but want the devs to do better. There's no god damn nuance like that when talking about it in some spaces though.

Its a strictly 7/10 game IMO. Not great. Not awful. Its got WONDERFUL production values and a very compulsive combat loop. Playing with friends is often a lot of fun.

But its got so damn many bad/weird design choices from the big ones like how loot/weapons work and mission design to small things like how the fuck there isn't a map vote for playlists in 2014 or skip cutscene/exposition when I have to replay these missions/strikes you so want me to replay for gear.

Mortemis

Banned
I don't think it's insane to expect more variety at all personally. I have fun with the game but it's straight up boring so far. Collect this, things spawn here, it's got no dynamic element. Yawn mode.

Yeah I agree, its pretty repetitive and stale. Its missing tons of shit, the story is non existent, and shit is tiring to play by yourself. A proper pvp game would help out a lot whenever you can't play with friends.

Im talking about people that thought this would be goty, a game that revolutionizes the FPS genre, etc. This game has potential, we won't see how good it gets for a while.

I hope they give us a cool story or some better cutscenes and some actual characters in destiny 2. The missions are fun with friends but they're just kill the horde shit, give us objectives and crazy scripted scenarios and we finna eat

Anyways how many here are playing on ps4?

Psn: TheWaqman

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Destiny is my GoTY easily.

^^lol characters and story. read a book motherfucker

edit2: added

Yeah I agree, its pretty repetitive and stale. Its missing tons of shit, the story is non existent, and shit is tiring to play by yourself. A proper pvp game would help out a lot whenever you can't play with friends.

Im talking about people that thought this would be goty, a game that revolutionizes the FPS genre, etc. This game has potential, we won't see how good it gets for a while.

People expecting GOTY before even playing things, I cant. The epitome of hype right there.

Mortemis

Banned
74 is a bad score because a game either has to be really great or really bad to a lot of people. I can sometimes understand the sentiment because you're paying $60, but really though if you're gonna shit on a game because you felt like it wasn't worth the money then that's all on you for not waiting for reviews.

I'll add you when I get home disco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom