• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
People who own a Vita that initially approach it with enthusiasm bum me out. In time they'll know that the Vita ain't shit.

That's a living, breathing L right there

Don't get me wrong its a good handheld but bad execution by sony. They should have fuck around and made it a open platform ala android. I like it but some folks on here treat the vita like its the holy grail.

there's sometimes a dangerous amount of 'passion'.

if TEW for example got bad reviews, I think there will be breakdowns

I'm expecting bad reviews but for me it'll be good. Idk, I don't think I've ever bought a bad game. Rented plenty but never actually bought one I haven't enjoyed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i haven't trusted reviews in a long, long time.

same people that told me sleeping dogs sucked were the ones that said watch_doge was gonna bring you to tears on startup
I cannot stand when I'm about to kill someone 1v1 and they use their super.

Just take L bruh. Then again, I guess if you use your super to beat one person you kind of are.

Nothing says 'chump' like a Titan wasting a super on one person out of panic. That ass is mine for the rest of the game. (They'll still get an exotic for getting mopped so whatever its totally fair)

Kreed

Jfc...

Well as long as they don't use this shit to pretend police brutality isn't as prevalent, whatever, let them gloat.

There's no way this story/thread isn't going to get brought up every time a racism thread pops up and someone wants to go "Let's wait for all the facts/I don't believe it". Devils Advocate GAF just got a hall pass.

I'm down to run. Thursday is looking like my flight home though so if we start before then I'll have the whole weekend.

Doing homework all day until late tonight maybe 10-11pm. I can go anytime tomorrow between noon and 5pm and pretty much all day Wednesday.

will you even be 26 by then? Get on my level, son

When your 'fight or flight' isn't stuck on flight, anything is possible.

Can't believe JC saw his boy's family tree getting done like this:

p5YaR.jpg

and he disappeared on him like the guy on the left.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Destiny when's that raid up and who on PS4 is gonna run it with me?

I'd like to run it with you guys to get those trophies. Still gotta join the clan

Gonna try to be 20+ by the end of the week. Making gradual process after work

Vagrant story not my game

It's like the Godhand of ARPGs. So much customization and freedom but you kinda gotta read a text book to understand it all.

I played it when I was in high school and loved it, but now I'm not putting that kinda effort into a single player game tbh. If I'm gonna learn how a game works behind the scenes I better be able to style on the people who don't with it

There's beginner guides that teach you just enough to complete the game if you'd like me to link. I think the story is quite good and worth seeing to the end

KumaJG

I'd like to run it with you guys to get those trophies. Still gotta join the clan

Gonna try to be 20+ by the end of the week. Making gradual process after work

It's like the Godhand of ARPGs. So much customization and freedom but you kinda gotta read a text book to understand it all.

I played it when I was in high school and loved it, but now I'm not putting that kinda effort into a single player game tbh. If I'm gonna learn how a game works behind the scenes I better be able to style on the people who don't with it

There's beginner guides that teach you just enough to complete the game if you'd like me to link. I think the story is quite good and worth seeing to the end

The customization don't bother me. Actually love it in fact. Beginning of the game actually made me mad. Had to read the manual just to know what going on. At least they can hit a brother with the basics. Battle system is annoying. I can barely get multiple chain combos because the animation is too slow for me liking.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Remember Me is a hidden gem

eh... its one of those games where it would've been GOAT tier if it had came out 3 years ago. It has some amazing ideas in play and it has a setting that shits on Deus Ex.

But that game is faulty as hell man. I love it but I have trouble recommending it to people.

eh... its one of those games where it would've been GOAT tier if it had came out 3 years ago. It has some amazing ideas in play and it has a setting that shits on Deus Ex.

But that game is faulty as hell man. I love it but I have trouble recommending it to people.
It is flawed but it's pretty cool

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
There's no way this story/thread isn't going to get brought up every time a racism thread pops up and someone wants to go "Let's wait for all the facts/I don't believe it". Devils Advocate GAF just got a hall pass.

And every time it does, I'll be the first person to remind everyone that one fucking incident like this doesn't erase the hundred other cases just because some dumbass made a fool outta herself.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The customization don't bother me. Actually love it in fact. Beginning of the game actually made me mad. Had to read the manual just to know what going on. At least they can hit a brother with the basics. Battle system is annoying. I can barely get multiple chain combos because the animation is too slow for me liking.

Ah I see

The main thing that seems to frustrate new players is that weapon affinity is everything. I think the way the game actually explains it is both buried in in game documents and confusing. Without understanding weapon types you're gonna be struggling to do any kind of damage.

http://chode.org/misc/vs/

This is the guide that helped me out alot when I first started playing

Once you understand that much a single playthrough should be nothing to you

BHZ Mayor

And every time it does, I'll be the first person to remind everyone that one fucking incident like this doesn't erase the hundred other cases just because some dumbass made a fool outta herself.

It's the same mentality behind shit like "welfare queens" and "voter fraud". In short, racists gonna racist.

Word to Borderlands 2.

"Yea bruh, I'll join in and help you out." *watches as every enemy turns into a raid boss for the low level player."

Destiny goes the other way.

If I jump in a friends game, the enemies get buffed but only enough to fuck him up and let me look like nightcrawler from X2 intro.

Tossing knifes, taking out bosses with ease having grunts like
whoa.png

BHZ Mayor

Comcast really thinks they're slick. I come home for work and find some channels missing. Not behind a paywall message or anything, just straight up gone.

So I go on the chat and tell them about my situation and some of the channels I know off hand that are missing. This jabroni on the chat tries to tell me that these channels weren't apart of my package and that I must have been getting them through "channel leakage." Even though I've had the same package for almost a year and a half now.

Then he has the nerve to try to say he can add the channels for $4.99 when it's normally $9.99. My replies are pretty much hinting that I'm not buying any of that. Then all of a sudden, my remote starts crapping out and all of my HD channels go missing as well.

So then he suggests that I restart my cable box. I do, see a detailed loading screen that I've never seen before today, and "somehow" all of my channels are back, including the ones that were "supposedly" not a part of my package. I tell him that my cable box is working and he asks me once more if I want to add the "leaked" channels. I tell him no thanks and close the chat.

And made sure not to tell him they were back, just in case he wasn't bullshitting.
5I5s8.png

RedSwirl

Comcast really thinks they're slick. I come home for work and find some channels missing. Not behind a paywall message or anything, just straight up gone.

So I go on the chat and tell them about my situation and some of the channels I know off hand that are missing. This jabroni on the chat tries to tell me that these channels weren't apart of my package and that I must have been getting them through "channel leakage." Even though I've had the same package for almost a year and a half now.

Then he has the nerve to try to say he can add the channels for $4.99 when it's normally $9.99. My replies are pretty much hinting that I'm not buying any of that. Then all of a sudden, my remote starts crapping out and all of my HD channels go missing as well.

So then he suggests that I restart my cable box. I do, see a detailed loading screen that I've never seen before today, and "somehow" all of my channels are back, including the ones that were "supposedly" not a part of my package. I tell him that my cable box is working and he asks me once more if I want to add the "leaked" channels. I tell him no thanks and close the chat.

And made sure not to tell him they were back, just in case he wasn't bullshitting.
5I5s8.png

4558204+_3fc590378b4a2f128a4b2c3f763cf2fb.jpg

That should always be the first thing you do.

KumaJG

Ah I see

The main thing that seems to frustrate new players is that weapon affinity is everything. I think the way the game actually explains it is both buried in in game documents and confusing. Without understanding weapon types you're gonna be struggling to do any kind of damage.

http://chode.org/misc/vs/

This is the guide that helped me out alot when I first started playing

Once you understand that much a single playthrough should be nothing to you

I figured weapon will be semi important. Thanks for the guide. I am going to take a break and comeback to the game.

My hidden gems are Kingdom Amalur and Crash Commando. If the Kingdom of Amalur was harder, had the online structure of Demon's Souls(leaving messages, see souls of players, summoning/invading) and better story/Voice acting, that game would of been amazing.

Crash Commando was just that crack. Spent like 7 bucks and got like 200+ hours out of it.

Which makes it all the more unfortunate that the writing cant support such a cool concept.

I swear, good writing is like the Achilles' heel of video games.

This is one of the reasons I liked Saints Row 4. It just said "fuck it" to any sort of serious story, and went along with the crazy.

DominoKid

5I5s8.png

this sounds like my dads Time Warner Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom