• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY BEING IN THE ARMY BREHS (for like a month or so)

because you were looking straight homeless last time i played with you lol

Got me some blues and a shader. Been carrying people in PVE situations.

At this point I'm more interested in raiding with y'all than multi.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
multi takes a while to 'learn'. now i can pretty much predict when and where supers start flying in control games and any time someone wastes a super to kill a single person, i know they've screwed themselves and their entire team.

once multiplayer clicks, its almost too easy. i had to force myself to take it seriously after i got bastionbastionbastionmoonmoonbastion'd for the 4th time

you'll shoot stuff just fine. devo outscored me in crucible with her bb gun and goodwill cloak

meh

people somehow don't even mention how recharge times on abilities are insanely quick at lower levels to compensate.

i mean - in cod you know what you're in for as a lvl 19 up against 10th prestige XxXjk1llaXxX and his cronies.

More nades/knives and nova/smash/golden gun are cool and all but when my AR has no recoil and a crazy sight, a sniper rifle that reloads like flipping a switch and my golden gun is gonna get you through your homeboy's kidney....start waving that white flag.

All this talk about regarding destiny makes me wonder how far behind I will be when I actually get that game

Roll with friends, MP will be fine and you'll level with the quickness. The loot is so luck based you might be on everyone's level after some crucible grinding.

RP912

Banned
Sighs...I'm at the point of thinking about trading in my vita :/. I'm trying to resist but pc gaming got me on some grown man shit lately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sighs...I'm at the point of thinking about trading in my vita :/. I'm trying to resist but pc gaming got me on some grown man shit lately.

I haven't touched my shitty vita since I beat FFX HD months ago. I've played all this indie crap on PC so I'm not discovering anything new. I wanna sell too...I think

Trey

I can't wait until Smash 4 Wii U releases so I have my own overhyped, underdelivering game to talk about with BlackGAF.

RP912

Banned
I haven't touched my shitty vita since I beat FFX HD months ago. I've played all this indie crap on PC so I'm not discovering anything new. I wanna sell too...I think

Indeed. The only thing stopping me is my large amount of games on my account and the fact its my personal web browser/youtube player.

DY_nasty

More nades/knives and nova/smash/golden gun are cool and all but when my AR has no recoil and a crazy sight, a sniper rifle that reloads like flipping a switch and my golden gun is gonna get you through your homeboy's kidney....start waving that white flag.

breh

have you SEEN my scout rife? shit is a faster DMR with zero bloom. And I'm racking up 5+ kills with golden guns now that i got dat comBUSTion

but i think a lot of new players have trouble coping with the game itself rather than the skills being that beastly. play barebones on blade dancer. rid yourself of your earthly tether.

breh

have you SEEN my scout rife? shit is a faster DMR with zero bloom. And I'm racking up 5+ kills with golden guns now that i got dat comBUSTion

but i think a lot of new players have trouble coping with the game itself rather than the skills being that beastly. play barebones on blade dancer. rid yourself of your earthly tether.

Hey breh so I just seen your message for the raid like just now sitting in this boring ass meeting. Do I need to complete the story to get the raids to open? After I hit level 20 I just stopped.

DY_nasty

I'm pretty sure you need to have at least unlocked Venus.

I would've hit you up with some invites but everytime I saw you online you were already grouped up

People acting like those pre-podcast convos weren't recorded

vGgT849.png

Moris, to be honest you got enough damning evidence on me period lol.

breh

True as hell.

Even new maps take time to learn where and when to expect Specials and the like.

DY_nasty

True as hell.

Even new maps take time to learn where and when to expect Specials and the like.
no seriously - try blade dancer lol. i changed how i played entirely because of that class. you see the code. and it is speed.

the best map by far is the burning shrine but you'd never see it outside of skirmish.

this is actually my biggest beef - this is without a doubt bungie's worst map catalog ever. they can do better.

Got an EXOTIC thing to get decrypted last night after getting last place in a Control match, I'm like
HOcLW.png

Then I get it decrypted, and it becomes a Warlock-only item.
qpk3a.png

Also Immortal, I'll try and remember to hit you up for some PvP or something next time I see you online. I've been busy trying to hurry up and beat Story mode, so I don't peek too much at my friends list.

no seriously - try blade dancer lol. i changed how i played entirely because of that class. you see the code. and it is speed.

the best map by far is the burning shrine but you'd never see it outside of skirmish.

this is actually my biggest beef - this is without a doubt bungie's worst map catalog ever. they can do better.

Gonna tinker with a speed build.

Right now I have abilities to max my armor. People get mind fucked when they see a Hunter just enter a room with no regard for cover, but when that AR doesn't bounce at all and I can take just as many bullets as some tanks they get it.

DY_nasty

Gonna tinker with a speed build.

Right now I have abilities to max my armor. People get mind fucked when they see a Hunter just enter a room with no regard for cover, but when that AR doesn't bounce at all and I can take just as many bullets as some tanks they get it.

speed breh

that slide is such a mindfuck. hitbox turns into a bag of milk. just filthy with blink strike. be nightcrawler.

having to level a subclass all over again after you understand the workings of the game changes everything

Gorillaz

Told yall blade dancer is the shit

Catching bodies in the air on some DMC shit

Silky

Banned

People who own a Vita that initially approach it with enthusiasm bum me out. In time they'll know that the Vita ain't shit.

That's a living, breathing L right there

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's kinda been nice with Destiny not being that great. Most everyone is kinda shrugging and saying "yeah, it's not the best." and that's pretty much it. There's no insane stupid shit happening like if you say TLoU is less than god status.

Spinluck

I can't wait until Smash 4 Wii U releases so I have my own overhyped, underdelivering game to talk about with BlackGAF.

Smash gonna be the shit. Few disappointments here and there, but I'm sure it'll deliver.

The Destiny backlash could've been seen a mile away if you know how gaming side works. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, etc, etc – I can understand if people don't like it. There are apparent flaws in the game and I still don't understand some of the poor design choices, but I don't think the game is as bad as they're letting on. The core gameplay is solid enough for me to enjoy on my own or with friends (there is a magic that makes anything fun with friends). Now every Destiny thread will be full of unfunny jokes that shit on the game or it being a massive let down. Anyway, some thoughts.

The bullet sponge complaint is hilarious. As if bullet sponge enemies in co-op shooting games is something only Destiny is guilty of. It would be nice if the bosses cycled through different strategical patterns or ways of attacking while their life bar is being depleted. It would make the fights more interesting.

PvP probably needs the most polish. Some of the PvP maps are unreasonably large, and all everyone uses is Auto Rifles, Shotguns, or Sniper Rifles. Warlock is straight garbage in PvP, and the Hunter having that Samurai Jack bullshit as a special is ridiculous. I've watched this shit slaughter entire rooms.

Turned out she was lying and it was caught on audio, devil's advocacy squad on Gaf has a collective orgasm of "I told you so"

As irritating as Devil's Advocacy can be, people are skeptical of everything and that situation happening as it did does show that you can have your opinion on if something is true or not but you still need to reserve some form of judgement.

Spinluck

multi takes a while to 'learn'. now i can pretty much predict when and where supers start flying in control games and any time someone wastes a super to kill a single person, i know they've screwed themselves and their entire team.

once multiplayer clicks, its almost too easy. i had to force myself to take it seriously after i got bastionbastionbastionmoonmoonbastion'd for the 4th time

I cannot stand when I'm about to kill someone 1v1 and they use their super.

Just take L bruh. Then again, I guess if you use your super to beat one person you kind of are.

As irritating as Devil's Advocacy can be, people are skeptical of everything and that situation happening as it did does show that you can have your opinion on if something is true or not but you still need to reserve some form of judgement.

The problem is more often than not, the loudest ones didn't participate in the conversation leading up to some point of revelation; they watch from branches high up and swoop in once there are enough facts to satisfy them and gloat. If they say they do it out of fear of being banned, then they need to learn how to express opinions better and more clearly.

The problem is more often than not, the loudest ones didn't participate in the conversation leading up to some point of revelation; they watch from branches high up and swoop in once there are enough facts to satisfy them and gloat. If they say they do it out of fear of being banned, then they need to learn how to express opinions better and more clearly.

I mean its obvious that a lot of posters are just examples of the worst in humanity trying to push whatever agenda they want. Its really not worth stressing over because they aren't typically capable of learning.

It's kinda been nice with Destiny not being that great. Most everyone is kinda shrugging and saying "yeah, it's not the best." and that's pretty much it. There's no insane stupid shit happening like if you say TLoU is less than god status.

the difference between most review threads and this is that those tend to be pre-release, defending a game they built up in the head and haven't played yet. The game has been out for damn near a week when reviews start coming out, so people have already played it a bit and thought, "Yeah, its pretty and its feels great to play, but its kinda uh and the story was well and IDK its just kinda whatever ya know".

Infinite

idk some dudes are too happy about the "gotcha!" moment. Also the woman straight up stretched the truth so is no surprising people were mislead since we generally have a tendency to take people at their word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom